Casiofags can't compete...

Casiofags can't compete. This thing is literally indestructible and will last probably 20+ years in an elementary school classroom.

Attached: R (25).jpg (600x521, 250K)

I still have my TI-108 from first grade in my kitchen drawer. Still works great.

Holy shit we had those at my school. This image evokes memories I thought I'd forgotten. Thank you OP.

I never did figure out what the M buttons are for. I think they like cache a value in memory or something but I could never get them to work right. Or maybe I was just a dumb first grader.

MRC recalls the memory. It starts off as 0. M+ adds the value on the screen to the value in memory. M- subtracts the value on screen to the value in memory. So if you start with 0 then type 5, then M+ you have 5 in the memory. Then you clear it and type 4 and M- then MRC will bring back 1 because you just subtracted 4 from the 5 in memory.

literally the best non-scientific calculator, perfect for elementary school kids. What's the equivalent for scientific calculators?

whats the TI108 of scientific calculators though? i need some trig functions. RPN is fine.

would say fx-991MS

Calculators at school are an elaborate scam. There's no real justification for this compulsory purchase. And don't even get me started on graph calculators. My father once needed one in the early 1990s. Useless now.

Aren't you supposed to learn to count and do elementary math at school anyway?

I've had pic related since 1999 and no problems.
Very useful for small everyday tasks, helped me at work and a bit in college to check results and test formulae. The included cheatsheet was really useful though.

Attached: fx92collegenew.jpg (1080x2134, 471.25K)

Why not multiplication and division?
Addition and subtraction are easy enough I don't need special buttons for that.

back in elementary we just used them for when we had to do stuff that would take too long to do by hand. in high school we used them because they saved time and got rid of the bullshit so we could just deal with the new concept first and foremost.

i was supposed to get the babby school graphing TI83 stuff but i found a dirt cheap TI85 engineer mans calculator and it was tough to do toy graph problems on but it was super useful in doing tables of results and things that were actually useful.

because people do long tables of additions in a row ala spreadsheet. they problem domain of multiplications just doesn't require that sort of thing often.

graphing calculators are basically just a racketeering scam. I bet even in anno domini MMXX, high schools are still requiring kids to buy/use TI-83 and 84 units that have been the exact same shit for like 30 years. Especially now when there's zero reason that shit couldn't just be done on a phone.

The audience is K-3. The square function is also obscured. You can square numbers by hitting times and then equal. If you take the square root then do it you often get rounding errors so not the exact value.

>Especially now when there's zero reason that shit couldn't just be done on a phone.
Billion-dollar idea
Instead of TI selling calculators, they license them out, schools can request a certain number of useable calculators for a fee each year.
The actual "calculators" though is just an app that runs an emulator on the students' phones. The phones can also be monitored with the app during test times.

The app will of course require a constant internet connection to make sure the school isn't using any more calculators they are otherwise licensed too.

>pol

Attached: 1636170349470.jpg (1198x798, 129.47K)

In that case, just put a small speaker under your pillow and turn up the volume. You could also look into daylight alarms

i love my nspire but the fx-117 es plus is the best scientific calculator ever made

wrong thread lol

how do i do cube root

Taylor series