V

V

Attached: v.jpg (532x577, 41.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/static?template=terms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's clear the current model isn't working, so let's brainstorm something that actually can.

It's ctrl + v to paste, not shift + v

Honestly I agree with him, I have no qualms about piracy most of the time however
Piracy on the web is arguably justifiable based on the level of ad intrusiveness, but it's still piracy

I don't mind getting the baked in sponsorships in the vids, but fuck jewtube and their bullshit ads every 3 mins.. vanced is so based though, that I don't even have to put up with his baked in ads.

Don't most browser ads only pay out when people click on them (PPC)? The people blocking these ads were the ones who were never going to click on them anyway.

youtube ads work by impressions desu aka how many people they showed the ad to. id guess sponsorships work the same way to. they're paying for your attention.
which I'm not gonna give them because I don't give a crap kek. the internet is unusable with ads

Internet creators make decent/entertaining enough content to watch when I'm bored and have nothing else to do, but not good enough to justify ads, let alone donating or buying cheap chink garbage with their logo on it. If they go down because I installed ublock and sponsorblock, well that's too bad, but it's not really that big of a loss for me. Oh no, who's gonna shill and review shit now, who's gonna react to things, who's gonna provide hot takes on various subjects that realistically could take in 2-3 minutes but the faggot creator stretches it to over 10 for the algorithm and watch time...who cares.

Lol of course he'd say that
Imagine all those ad $$ he could have to buy milk and toys for his children.
However, you cannot deny that most ads are malicious as fuck. Id rather block them all for a peaceful mind.

it would be my pleasure not to support linus cuck tips

tsmt
>ads all over the page + floating video player and fullscreen "yes/no buy some random shit pls"
vs
>an ad at the top and bottom of the page

idk what tsmt means but the internet is simply shit if you don't block the ads

Attached: crap_web.webm (1488x714, 2.72M)

It’s not going to work. I’m not going to watch his videos with ad blockers just to spite him

HAHAHAHA no.
There was no agreement you made with a website not to enjoy it's content for free.

i use adblock and sponsorblock but you can't really pretend you're not breaking an agreement desu. by simply using youtube's service you're agreeing to their terms of service which iirc includes something about not bypassing/interfering with their service

>an agreement desu
100x pages long and carefully hide away btw.
The average users wont even know such agreement exists

but it does exist and they could ban you whenever they want and they'd be in their right to do so.
also it's actually rather short and clear
youtube.com/static?template=terms
"The following restrictions apply to your use of the Service. You are not allowed to:
[...]
circumvent, disable, fraudulently engage with, or otherwise interfere with any part of the Service (or attempt to do any of these things), including security-related features or features that (a) prevent or restrict the copying or other use of Content or (b) limit the use of the Service or Content;
[...]"

The modern internet is unusable without uBlock.
Maybe rethink how to manage advertising etc.

I have no incentive to not use adblock or to not pirate. Sone other retard will pay.

Music still exists
Film still exists
Literature still exists
Blogs still exist
Video games still exist
Software still exists

Attached: 213D1F2A-6D54-425A-BB2C-D0CF1A883F64.png (1752x1522, 1.68M)

this gif here is literally my experience on 99% of modern websites without adblock, and its why idgaf if adblocking is considered piracy. i 100% believe that everyone who puts any more than a single non-intrusive ad on their page deserves to be drug out into the street and shot in castlevania

Blocking ads is the exact same thing is capturing boats and treasure, killing and enslaving people? I have no idea who this Linus guy is, but he's retarded.

the only sites i remove adblock is linkshotners or shit that stop me from pirate crap. I don't even mind ads like the ones 4chin has.

this trend of annoying ads has to stop. even better if they suffer because we avoid them.

is not like hosting is that expensive.