/hpg/ - Headphones General

"Marisa is best girl" edition

How to request:
>Location
>Budget
>Over-ear or on-ear
>Open or closed back
>Intended usage/favorite listening (artists as well as genres)
>Experience with previous headphones

>Do I need an external amp?
Unless you have high-impedance, low-sensitivity headphones, probably not. Unamplified "line-level" audio is too quiet to hear much of anything, but virtually all consumer electronics have an amp connected to their headphone jack. If you know you own gear that outputs at line-level, you already know the answer to this question.

>Do I need an external DAC?
It depends; an external DAC won't suddenly make your 128kbps youtube rips sound good. 70% of your audio experience will be dictated by the headphones you choose, 15% by your amp, 10% by having good-quality files, and 5% (maybe even less) from your DAC.
If all you want is to listen to FLACs from your PC, you don't need anything that costs more than $100. Paying more will get you more connection options, the ability to stream audio over Bluetooth, and better control options. Just make sure you get something that can handle 16-bit/44.1kHz, or 24-bit if you're really anal about it.

>Good reviewers?
All of them are retarded in special and unique ways, so don't follow any of them blindly.

Attached: marisa akg240 by traghetto.jpg (796x1070, 134.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cyKBuyLxyv4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first post dedicated to the idea of impregnating anime girls inside of marriage.

Does it count as marriage if you didn't get a priest/state to say it's marriage?

as while as the ceremony is done and both accpet the marriage contract is ok

In the theology of the Roman Catholic Church, the sacrament of matrimony is actually administered by the couple to one another, and the priest is simply providing a blessing in his capacity as an official witness

>Location
USA
>Budget
250 USD
>Open or closed/over-ear or on-ear
Open, over-ear. As open as possible.
>Intended use/favorite listening
Primarily for gaming at home, music taste consists of:

Big band/swing (Glenn Miller Orchestra, Count Basie Orchestra), Ska/Ska-punk (Streetlight Manifesto, Reel Big Fish), Hardcore punk (Stick to Your Guns), Industrial (Mick Gordon's Doom soundtrack, Death Grips), Hip-hop (MF DOOM, Nujabes, Childish Gambino).

>Previous headphones
Been running ATH-M50x for the past eight years. They're sweaty after more than 20 minutes and the mids can be a little weak depending on the mix, but I like the bass out of them. Also really enjoyed the free pack-in "Tuned by AKG" earbuds from the Galaxy S9 for their mids and treble.

For any other concerns, I'll be powering them out of my motherboard's headphone jack and pretty much nothing else, no external DAC or amp. Definitely something that I can drop a couple of times and not worry about, no cheap chinkshit plastic that breaks if you look at it funny. Replaceable cable will be a big plus.

Current frontrunner is the Sennheiser HD 560S, is there anything else I should be looking at? I'm a little afraid of buying something headphones.com lists as final sale.

Attached: ryougi katana by frog sutegoma.jpg (673x767, 56.21K)

get em on amazon

my modded es10 is out of this realm. bass mids and treble. united. musical

hd6xx

>no amp
>6xx

Attached: acting like an idiot.jpg (1920x1080, 492.87K)

HD 560 s

>Location
England
>Budget
Under £100 preferably
>Over-ear or on-ear
Over-ear
>Open or closed back
Closed
>Intended usage/favorite listening (artists as well as genres)
Listening to music on commutes to uni (mostly kanye) and watching anime at home
Must be wireless and noise-cancelling

My current frontrunner is the Anker Soundcore Q35's if that helps

>Under £100 preferably
>Must be wireless and noise-cancelling
Nothing good that's for sure

The HD600 family isn't particularly difficult to drive.

LCD2s continues to be peak performance. God's gift to man. Not even Audeze has been able to replicate its majesty.

Some of you might pitifully attempt to deny this but deep down you know I'm right.

Didn't the LCD-5 measure better or something
I mean we all know tuning does not matter in headphones because they all need EQ anyway, no exceptions

MY DT880 needs new pads. Are those expensive third part pads I see on amazon any good or should I stick with stock?

Q45 just came out

The general rule is always buy OEM except in some very rare cases, aftermarket pads fuck up the sound

some new stuff on the horizon from Can Jam
youtube.com/watch?v=cyKBuyLxyv4

Attached: Screenshot (31).png (600x469, 332.72K)