IPv6

>IPv6
What went so wrong? 26 years later and it's still not over 50% adoption worldwide.

Attached: IPv4-vs-IPv6.png (2750x1250, 141.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apnic.net/community/ipv6/ipv6-in-your-region/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What went so wrong?
autistic incels who are to lazy to migrate their infrastructure from IPv4 to IPv6

>companies who'd rather make a bigger profit than do semi-unnecessary work that you can't always bill customers for

ftfy

if i had a job i would utilize ipv6 it is better for monitoring and diagnostic operations, each device on the network has a more robust signature. other than that for home usage fuck ipv6 it's retarded and decrease performance

>Simplified
>incorrectly displayed

Why complicate things. ;3

> OH GOD I'M NATINGGGG
This happened.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 71.16K)

Adoption rate is picking up
We will pass 50% by 2025 in the latest

because something exists != everyone is going to abandon it for .
ipv4 will still be used and utilized long after we're all dead.

Cause its not needed.. Typical home user runs with class c address by default. That address can dish out 253 address (-1 due to router using it; so really 252). Your typical house even with all the "iot" devices now doesn't even come close to using all that. But what about large business? Again not needed. NAT covers that. Again nothing preventing a private lan (any network not facing the internet) from using any valid IP class range they wish. Class A,B,C, don't mater. Long as the public internet sees a valid IP so inside devices can communicate then its all good. (and outside devices can see/use internal services such as file/e-mail/your plex server) Outside computer requests your plex server access. That computer see's your internet IP and then your router forwards the request to your plex server's IP which then grants the request based on your access. the IP your plex server uses doesn't mater.

..all the while devaluing those precious IPv4 address ranges the companies got for pennies in the 2000's

10% of people do things because its a better wya to do things, while 90% do them until they can't

one is easier to use than the other. god imagine telling someone to connect to your tf2 server using the ipv6 layout. fucking autistic

I still don't understand it. Therefore I have it disabled and use only ipv4.

normal users see no problems having over 9000 nat's

king

>every device can have a unique address
That alone is enough for me never to use this glownigger garbage. The only address you will ever see from me is the one coming from my router, and even that is ideally not actually mine but some VPN or proxy. Everything else is and will always be behind nat and firewall.
>4.3 billion addresses
It's more than we should ever need. If you don't live in the first world, you shouldn't be allowed on the internet in the first place.

probably because 26 years later still no one completely understands how it works

Attached: 1296022026118.jpg (223x167, 8.53K)

It's adoption is over 80% in India.

IPv6 is much easier to understand though? It has no nasty Cthulhu summoning NAT-layers, just pure comms.

Unironically This. IPv6 is a massive security risk and EVERYONE should have it disabled at the router level

You devices can still continue to have a unique address behind a firewall, it's just that now your other devices can use the same address without consulting some external translation layer.

nope. Stop lying

Have a look at it yourself:

apnic.net/community/ipv6/ipv6-in-your-region/

You could simply have default deny on incoming traffic and you're set