FLAC 1.4 IS OUT. TIME TO RE-DO ALL YOUR FLAC FILES

github.com/xiph/flac/releases/tag/1.4.0

OK bros. Time to re-encode all your CDs to FLAC 1.4 now that its out. You don't want to be stuck with dead FLAC 1.3 files, do you?

Attached: 1200px-FLAC_logo_vector.svg.png (1200x595, 45.08K)

What do you mean by ``stuck''?

mp3 doesn't have this problem.

Useless format, try Opus.

We're still on 1.3.4 fuck off.
I only use my repos.

COPEus more like.

No sir. I will do it ASAP.

256 or 320kbps is enough for me and most audiophile settings

You'll find out soon enough!

Latest LAME release: v3.100 (October 2017)
fair

Actually FLAC doesn't have this problem and mp3 does. Lossless files made with older versions of FLAC are still lossless. No need to redo them. The mp3 encoder upgrades over the years improved things gradually over time meaning files with the same bitrates sound better with newer encoders. But those old files are stuck in the past and without the source material we can't make new encodes. I have so many 192k mp3s made with FhG and ancient versions of LAME for things that just can't be found in better quality.

>can't be found with better quality
Name some, maybe I got it.

The human ear can't hear the difference between FLAC and MP3.

I'm waiting for the new ffmpeg release.

Cool, how much space can I save?

>Faggot Losers Audio Codec
lmaooooo

Just updated my FLAC and everything sounds much better. Sounstage is bigger, imaging is more precise. Source: Genius speakers and motherboard audio chip.

CueTools.Flake and ffmpeg still make smaller files.

>flac

tell me you have never had sex, without telling me you have never had sex

Retard.

MP3 @ 320 or FLAC it's all good. Version of FLAC don't mater. Lossless is still lossless. Fuck it all and enjoy till your dead.

>FLAC has had security vulnerabilities for years
B..but I though free as in freedom meant there were a million eyes on it ensuring this would never happen?

I use Any Forums.

I am married and I collect FLAC files.

Open source means vulns are found and fixed more but having the source makes it easier to exploit. It evens out.

you mean average human ear
there are people who can hear past 15 khz

Even if I can not hear the frequencies I want to save them.

>Latest LAME release: v3.100 (October 2017)
Dead format.

for the shitty over compressed pop punk you enjoy totally true

It does it's job effectively and efficiently for how most people are still using it (high bitrate encodes) and has only truly been superseded by other codecs at lower bitrates.

That has been demonstrated to be a false claim. I will agrere with you if you can admit that most human ears can't hear the difference butt some can.