What is necessary to be able to enjoy video games?

What is necessary to be able to enjoy video games?

Attached: 2021-07-01_18-28.jpg (1355x1048, 238.73K)

Open mind.

Not being old and jaded. 98% of all Any Forumsayntelments sadly don't qualify.

>What is necessary to be able to enjoy video games?
a very small iq and a limited mindset

Imagination.

Pretty much this

As you get older, the magic begins to wear off. You dont see a tense life or death firefight, you see crappy physics, low quality shooting sounds which give you an ear ache, and dumb death animations where the ragdoll ends up lodging face first into the environment. You dont see a deadly dragon boss with a magical chest, you see a crappy sprite with a long HP bar and a random number generator "chest" behind it.

The magic of games wears off after youve played enough of them and have a feeling for what the skeleton underneath looks like. Doubly so when you have responsibilities and it becomes increasingly difficult to justify hours for minor dopamine bursts

Fuck I'm depressed.

Good games.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact "World of Linux," or as I refer to it, "Linux Fantasy XIV." Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather a role-playing game around which those with no accomplishments can desperately form some sort of identity. You start off with your OS in an incomplete state, then you perform easily searchable, tedious manual quests trying to piece it together into something that is barely functional for a small set of tasks. Other Linux players congratulate you on playing the game and on your level progression, giving you a false sense of accomplishment for your virtual progress.

If you thought you were getting a real OS, you just don't understand Linux.

vr

Attached: Replay_2022-09-08_23-03-28-2.webm (960x600, 2.8M)

kek, made me laugh

not having depression is a start

local multiplayer and some friends

mostly pvp.

a good video game - bcrawl and brogue are good starting points

Programming ability.

>you learn how to use a computer and can easily do tasks lusers of other OSes could only dream of.
The amount of times I've seen 200+ line python script used to do what a single line of shell script does with no effort would make you puke.

you suck at python

No shit, I've literally never used it in my life. furthermore

Attached: pic-selected-220911-0432-17.png (452x173, 10.27K)

misogyny and transphobia

Electricity
A device that runs the video game
The video game
A device that outputs the video game from the aforementioned device
A human interface device, depending on the game there might be even two or more needed (if you want to play games in local mulitplayer)
And time so that you can sit down and play the game with as few breaks as possible in your session.

You forgot:
A non-zogged society that produces enjoyable video games.