Why do people say windows isn't free software? it came with my computer i didn't pay anything for it

Why do people say windows isn't free software? it came with my computer i didn't pay anything for it

Attached: c5yjkqtv22f81.jpg (3024x3489, 1.11M)

free as in freedom

your OEM paid for the key from Microsoft and included it in the price, retard

just compare the cpu, mobo, gpu and ssd price of your components vs what you paid.

You'll see that even if oems have very low prices on components, you still paid more than aftermarket prices.

I don't want my operating system to be free, I want it to be enslaved to me.

>free as in freedom
i can do anything i want with it i don't live in china
your OEM paid for the key from Microsoft and included it in the price, retard
they didn't charge me for it retard i can post receipt

>being this special

>they didn't charge me for it retard i can post receipt
They did, lol. You could buy same laptop with FreeDOS/NoOS for same price

compare the price of the same PC without an OS, Sherlock.

You pay with YOUR SOUL

Attached: 000000000000000000000000000000000.png (487x373, 138.82K)

i cant they all come with windows for free

Attached: 1656572076149.png (1366x768, 1.35M)

they also didn't write down all the screws and PCBs used to make the computer in the receipt but the costs are there

To be fair, you will only notice how expensive windows is when you try to rent a VPN and have to choose between Windows and Linux distro.

You are a slave to your operation system and the corporation that controls it. You got butt fucked cuck.

>i can do anything i want with it i don't live in china
Cool, then modify it's source code and distribute it anywhere you want.

you can download windows from microsoft.com and use it just fine. the term is nagware. it will just nag you to activate it like winrar did back in the 00s

NIGGER

>Just build your own laptop, bro.

Technically Windows is free but to activate it you have to pay. You're not paying for the electrons or whatever that make up Windows on the hard disk, which is the software part, you're paying for the ability to activate it. So I guess it is free software in a way. Kind of like getting a free locked iPhone

On this day 21 years ago the greatest attack on our nations soil occurred.

when the iphone is locked it's useless. Windows works fine when it isn't activated.

Literally the only intelligent post in this thread

Attached: this thread.gif (480x292, 1.99M)