How dangerous is it to drive a motorcycle every day?

How dangerous is it to drive a motorcycle every day?

Attached: MY-22-Panigale-V4-S-Model-Blocks-630x390-V06.png (630x390, 181.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

injurylawyers.com/blog/what-states-is-lane-splitting-legal-in-the-us/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

Pretty safe if you're not acting like a retard on it. It's the other idiots on the road you gotta worry about.

Saw a commercial recently for motorcycle safety. They said you are ~40 times more likely to die in a motorcycle accident than a car accident. Don't know the source of their info, and was likely limited to the United States.

I rode in an urban area for over a decade. Sometimes memories of close calls caused by other idiots on the road keep me awake at night.

If I bought a bike again I'd probably get one of those on road/off road trail bikes as we live surrounded by woods and trails now. Mind you I'd rather be in a truck if I had to drive past Grizzky bears, lol.

I ride a bike everyday. Like the other posts, just don't ride like an idiot

The risk is grows exponentially the dumber you are. I used to ride everyday to work, just expect the worst from every driver you cross and you'll be fine.

I have commuted on a motorcycle for years and have no specific concern of danger from other drivers. The only real concern I have is if part of my own vehicle fails like a blown front tire.

- You have to be hyper aware of the vehicles around you and conduct yourself as if you are invisible.
- Never stop in the center of a lane always move to the divide so if you are rear ended you wont be pinched between vehicles.
- Drive just a little bit faster than most vehicles around you for best safety.
- ATGATT All.The.Gear.All.The.Time. wear your riding jacket and helmet whenever you are going above 25mph.
- Safety check your motorcycle regularly. Brake condition, tire condition, fluid levels, drive tension, and signals.
- Loud pipes, Upgrade the stock horn to a "WoloBadboy" or something akin.

Also This kind of bike is fun for riding fast and doing stupid shit, I prefer a cruiser because you don't feel cool when your going fast, It actually feels cooler to go slow and see all the people ogle your manly wheels.

Attached: i happen to be an expert.jpg (500x500, 45.34K)

You can do everything right and still die at the hands of your typical 4 wheeled idiot.

that is equally true in a 4 wheeled vehicle while you will actually escape many collisions because you were on a motorcycle.

Also never wait behind a buss again, just wait for it to stop to pick up or drop off kids; Kill the engine and get off, push the bike past the buss and out in front, get on, start and drive away.

The driver is powerless to stop you and it's totally legal.

Depends if you have a cat or not

>allthegearallthetime
What a faggot, why don't you just wear a buttplug and a ball gag with the word "faggot" on it. Why don't you strap a suction cup dildo on your helmet while you're at it, faggot. Real men ride their harleys with their long hair riding in the night, like modern day calvary warriors, with their muscles showing through their ripped denim jean jacket, no helmet either because helmets are for faggot pussy liberals

based

No more dangerous than drinking water. !00% of people that drink water will die.

Attached: scoot.jpg (728x410, 83.13K)

It gets less dangerous as you get more experience. I have seen statistics showing that the majority of fatal accidents happen in the 1st year people ride. Basically all the retards get filtered out really fucking quick because they kill themselves with their dumb behavior.

I went to high school with a guy who had a mustang. He would do burnouts virtually every day leaving the school parking lot. Always drove around town crazy in his mustang. Then he got a sport bike and within like 4 months had a horrible wreck and became a vegetable. The story I heard was that he was doing a wheelie down a street at like 90 mph with no helmet and lost control.

>Pretty safe if you're not acting like a retard on it.

Mostly true, but you are likely to crash at least once, especially when you start. I've crashed ~5times, been to er twice. Eh, sometimes you take a turn too fast... Although one was a pot hole I couldn't react in time to, I blame the city for that one: fix the fucking roads!

Having said that. I have not had an accident for 3 years, and I have ridden for 5 years everyday.

>one of those on road/off road trail bikes

Yea, I want a dual sport as well, they work well also on the street because no one wants to fix the streets anymore, so they also help there. They are more expensive though.

>It gets less dangerous as you get more experience

Pretty much this.

Attached: 1659637686644913.jpg (3072x4080, 1.35M)

>Never stop in the center of a lane always move to the divide so if you are rear ended you wont be pinched between vehicles.

You can't lane split in US unfortunately. Another example of bullshit is that many traffic lights use weight sensors that don't trigger, so I have to put the bike in neutral and run over and hit the crosswalk signal and run back. Fucking GA...

Attached: 1659407554998031.jpg (930x1349, 307.36K)

Like many have said, don't be an idiot and you will be just fine. I commuted for 4 years in the Tampa Bay Area and only had a few instances that were easily avoidable. Oblivious lane changers and a guy almost rear ending me at a stop light.

Some helpful tips to not die:
- Always keep a large line of sight. Super crucial in intersections, otherwise opposing left turning traffic will eventually take you out when you have a green because they aren't looking for you
- Don't ride parallel with traffic, in front or behind only
- Don't speed past stopped traffic
- Be present while riding and embody being a professional at it, have a high standard
- Always check mirrors when stopped to know when you're about to get plowed from behind

Now that I've had 4 wheels for a long time, driving is so much more passive. Cars practically drive themselves and it's no wonder why accidents happen, solely because of being distracted.

Are you fucking retarded? Filtering is illegal in almost every state

Nope. Those 4 wheelers have things like airbags, side impact collision beams and a whole lot more all around protection vs a 2 wheeled crotch rocket.

injurylawyers.com/blog/what-states-is-lane-splitting-legal-in-the-us/

That is what I said, can you fucking read? Even though lane splitting and filtering is safe, it's not allowed in US unfortunately.

Thats exactly what I said dipshit

Yes it is in some states with more pending.

Do you always get this angry when people agree with you?

Therapy. Seek.

Youre complaining about georgia and lane splitting, why not move back to californa or jew york with the rest of the lunatics?

>Another example of bullshit is that many traffic lights use weight sensors that don't trigger
They don't use weight sensors you retard. There are coils of wire embedded in the asphalt. As a vehicle made of iron/steel moves above the coil it induces an electric current in the coil letting the sensors know a vehicle rolled up. Motorcycles, aluminum chassis sports cars etc. often don't have enough iron/steel in them to trip the sensor.

Many modern intersections use cameras to detect if a vehicle is there.

Eustace! Hows taco bell? Still on plunger duty?

Any more pics of her?

it's dangerous if the roads are full of trucks

Nope. Not the log guy. Nice try though.

Attached: bacon cheeseburger.jpg (720x720, 143.07K)