Why are western cartoons so bad and cheap looking? once you turn like 8 you discover Anime and never look back!

Why are western cartoons so bad and cheap looking? once you turn like 8 you discover Anime and never look back!

Attached: 4chan.png (1296x1008, 602.37K)

Isn't the girl holding the assault rifle kind of a creep who wants to bang her brother?

Attached: file.png (600x449, 442.24K)

you know damn well this is on purpose made odd looking, and not becasue the lack of talent or hability, just look at the backgrounds on that Anime, look pretty standard for regurlar Anime of that era, cartoons are completely flat, even old stuff like Tom and Jerry.

Because most, if not all, high quality high production studios are all located in either Japan or Korea. Most western shows are outsourced to these studios because North Americans completely lack the work ethic to produce high quality animation. Also, North American animation is produced with a profit motive whereas Japanese anime places higher priority to artistry and quality.
That's why "Waltz with Bashir" is so impressive, it was made by one dude. Took him 8 years or something like that, but he single handedly made a very good film. Then you have Disney who has unlimited funding and a world renowned animation sector and yet they are only capable of churning out feel good PC garbage.

wrong, is not about the money or putting effort/ being lazy, is all about talent and genetics, i could never ever make something similar to anime yet I can draw cartoons with no problem the same way dexter's lab or the powerpuff girls look as they are just flat geometric shapes.

The origin of that is capitalism.
Speed and quantity is preferred over quality. Comparatively easy to produce is preferred over difficult to produce. Detail, complexity, and subtle nuance are all shunned. Be it in the art style or plot.
The more products you produce the more products you can sell. Even if its the best cartoon out there its monetary value can only go so high.

As a kid anime aesthetic creeped me out, letter i've learned what uncanny valley was and that was it, those faces with big eyes, small mouth and no nose always feel off

What you're referring to is animations produced by CalArts graduates. That's why all those shows have a similar style, the animation dep instructed the students using simpler styles. This was historically done to make the process of animation faster and simpler, as it required the animators to use less time studying motion and more time animating the cartoon. That's why a lot of early animations anatomy is a series of rubber tubes, made it easier to animate.
Talent and genetics? You do realize that all the great animators of Japan were all inspired by Disney and NA cinema? It really does come down to North Americans being lazy.

True but look at 90s cartoons, hell even the classic spongebob episodes were drawn by hand. They looked great.

then explain why te hell are cheap shitty looking cartoons more expensive to make than Anime.

Attached: 1002162121-photo-u1.jpg (750x1006, 71.09K)

It looks bad on purpose in a lot of cases. Visually unpleasing as a style choice.
Otherwise It's cheap as it mostly geared towards children but not all cheap cases are for children

You do get once in a while a show that is cheap in it's animation but very well executed so you don't notice

yeah that's the plot summary

and then once you turn 12 you realize liking anime means you'll never get a gf
and never look back

Would make sense except that one single episode of adventure time is as expensive as an entire season of a seasonal run of the mill Anime of 12 to 20 episodes.

You wanna run that one by me again?

NA over-valuing their labour. Look no further than comparing budgets between NA and Japan:
Spirited Away: $19 mil
Monsters Inc.: $115 mil
Keep in mind the bulk of animation in Monsters Inc. is delegated to computers rendering it out. Spirited Away was digitally animated the traditional way, frame by frame.
All the 3D animators have to do is model a character, rig it, congrats you can now manipulate the character to do anything. No such thing in frame-by-frame unless you somehow count onionskinning.
NA think their labour is more valuable.

That's not the whole of western animation though. Great that they were willing to go that far though for a show that episodes are like 12 minutes long. Cost doesn't equal quality however - sadly.

I forgot to say both films came out 2001.

this makes no sense bros! why are cheap, easy to make, ugly cartoons so expensive compared to Anime wichlooks much better yet is way cheaper? could it be... genetics?!

Attached: Anime vs cartoon Twitter2.png (762x666, 458.49K)

Literally just answered you:
North Americans over value their labour.