Hi Any Forums

Hi Any Forums
So i just graduated High school earlier this year, moved back to Las Vegas to stay with my dad for a while cuz i lost my restaurant job in California and my dad said he could set me up. I was under the impression it would be better money, living in a nice area and I would enjoy what i was doing. So now Its been a couple months, Ive settled down with him at his place (bachelor pad, dad has been divorced twice and has nothing) and turns out there was no decent job lined up, his guy he knew just sort of "fell off the face of the earth" and so he talked to someone else and now i work in "Construction" (Move heavy pieces of drywall from one place to another in 112 F degree heat for 8 hours every day, or jjst sweep the floor or literally do nothing but be uncomfortable and sweat my ass off) and I hate it. The area we are in is ghetto as fuck, homeless people everywhere. I have no car yet, no friends, no money since 2 years of saving is gone in a couple months because I had to help pay for groceries for him, my little half brother who is here half of the time (other half is at his moms house) and I am trying to look for a new job because I hate this one. Im being paid 15 an hour for this shit, which seems ok until you realize I was making that much plus tips for much easier work at the restaurant, and i see no future in this "trade". Its a real BS job, and most of my money goes to my dad broke ass. I have nothing left. I really lost it all, and I am trying to rebuild. I will go back to california one day and do community college for a couple years to see what I might want to do. But right now it seems like no matter what I do I will hate doing it and make barely enough money to live on it.So Any Forums, is there more to life than this? How can I not be miserable? Im working on getting my own car, need a drivers license first... But what kind of job would at least make me happy sometimes?

Attached: Boddicker.jpg (250x164, 5.73K)

I am not going to read your post but props on
>Clarence Boddicker

The ironic part is that my dad works with the owners of high end condos in Las Vegas on the strip, and interacts with some of the most rich and famous people around, But he does it for peanuts because of the child support / alimony payments he has to make to his 2 ex wives. So i have to pitch in. Big deal. I am more worries about the work im doing, and can get into in the future. I just feel like all work miserable. I dont mind working hard, But i want to work on something i care about; that matters even a little bit. Cleaning up after a bunch of mexican dudes who do drywall and plumbing / hvac is not the path to wealth and / or happiness.

I am applying at record stores since I feel like thats at least a good start. Likeminded people around my age who I can talk to about music, or whatever. I miss the restaurant because it was mainly a bunch of white duded my age or older who were stoners / partyers but really fun to talk to and be around. I miss those dudes so much, None of the beaners at this construction site even speak enough english to hold a convo.

If you want to have a dark thrill, tell him you're going to join the military and watch his eyes go wide at all the responsibility he gets to avoid under the guise of being happy that you are signing up to kill people around the world, with lifetime benefits. Then, tell him you changed your mind a few weeks later.

My dad was the same piece of shit. The only thing that changed him was hooking up with an ugly rich chick. My dad humped on that ugly bitch like a starving dog on t-bone. Now he acts like he's so much better and still, only sort of surprisingly, cheap.

I would join the military if doing so didn't suck so much. Many veterans just kill themselves. It's not like theres purpose to it anymore. My grandpa and his friends were so proud of being marines, they got to fight communists. Now they run the country so there's no point, unless you want to bang underage whores and smoke meth out of a skull, but the best time to do that in either Pre Taliban Afghanistan or Vietnam, has passed.

You're dad's an asshole and you need to get away from him. Vegas is a dead end, but Cali is also a shithole. Everywhere is fucked a bit right now, but there's plenty of jobs to be had, so figure out something that you can tolerate and go do it. If you're not decided on a career then don't go to college. It's just a fuck-ton of debt for jack shit.

Figure out what you want you want your life to look like (accomplishments, pleasures, property, whatever YOU want) and start making realistic plans to get there.

You learn the rest along the way by fucking up a lot. If you don't like fucking up then learn from your mistakes and think carefully about where you want to go and what you're doing.

Don't take any wooden nickels.

Would 2 years of a cheap community college that the state / my mom (Who is doing a lot better in life) would help pay for, and is local to the nicer place in cali that my mom moved to, be a decent way to find out what I might want to do? It would at least buy me some time to figure this shit out. IM in another fucking dimension right now. My head is just in outer space every day, and i hate this.

"I think Nothing can Possibly be worse than what we have right now"
-Sam Hyde

You missed the point to push politics. Just tease your dad that you want to and watch his poor ass get happy for a day. It's at this point that I must ask if your father has a substance abuse issue?

I want a timber frame/ brick construction house with a place to do woodworking / keep my classic cars I am restoring, in a place with lots of greenery, decent land for having a permaculture food garden and a nice town with a walkable urban plan that doesnt facilitate filling the place up with drugs and niggers. A place you can raise a family, but not a place with rich assholes. No poor people and no yuppies either. Probably somewhere like Vermont, or Washington state. Not alaska tho, thats too hood. Thats like living in the appalaichan mountains, (not all of alaska ia=s bad, But you dont wanna end up stuck there like the natives)

Attached: Louis-Wain-pschadellic-1200x1536-1510649298.jpg (1200x1536, 462.77K)

Unless your work buddies start teaching you more about your/their job, the skills of which you should be trying to learn from them OR you go back to college OR you get into a union with some kind of apprenticeship then $15/hr is roughly about the best you can expect in Vegas right now.

The bus is Russian roulette with psychonigs and you will lose eventually. Best you could do is try to get work from home with a call center. I'd suggest Alorica if you want to do something constructive and want a chance at a bit better money.

Oh yeah. He had to go to rehab just a few months ago. It was weird, I was at my job and he showed up randomly one day. His rehab place that his jobs went him to was near where i lived in california with my mom. His breath smelt like whiskey and cigarettes when he came up to hug me in front of a table of people whos plated I was trying to clean up. The second wife who was a psycho bitch, and is the mother of my little brother, is and always has been on drugs, She is a vain woman. He hates her, and I dont blame him. I feel bad for the little guy.

op, learn a skilled trade and join a union or learn coding/it and start from the ground up. imo traditional college is a scam, spending tens of thousands of dollars to get a foot in the door at farmers insurance for a 30-40k a year job is a waste of money. Good luck and you should piss in your dads coffee. It gets better bro I was young and broke once as well living in my dads unfinished basement and now I own my own house and make a decent living.

IS that what you did to get where you are today? I don't put myself above learning to weld or plumbing or something. In fact, brazing seems fascinating to me, because back in the 40's thats how they made quality bike frames in chicago, and thats also how plumbing is done. Nowadays they make bikes by welding. but I feel Like I would enjoy being a park ranger in a forest or someplace. If that is even a viable option. I think those dudes have to go to college just for that, and the pay probably sucks. But i would be happier than living in this wasteland of las vegas. I was born here, and grew up around the 2008 recession, so ive never really had anything in life. It's alwasy been hard, I just want to break this cycle of being broke and miserable that my family got into. My mom is the person to thank, She moved us out of vegas 10 years ago, and We had nothing, but now she has a house. She rents it, but she can afford to live a good lifestyle compared to this. My little brother is going to a coding / IT high school right now, hes a smart kid. I wish I had the opportunities he has

Attached: wither2.jpg (474x474, 67.62K)

My mom makes like 120,000 a year by working for Prada or something, I think its called Miu Miu, like a designer brand in a mall. Both my parents are like at the highest positions they can be in, and by all accounts I should be that rich kid whos parents have tons of money. But they split before I was even born, and when iw as growing up they were separated, and broke. My dad is a humongous fuck up in life, and He means well but his decisions have just been so retarded. Drugs fucked up my life and I never even did any. My mom is the only reason im not in the ghetto giving blowjobs for coke in an alley rn.

after high school i did one year at a state college. absolutely hated it. Friends convinced me to join a frat with them which was not for me. I need my privacy, also school was so big just felt lost in the crowd. moved back home and got a construction job over the summer. Work dried up in the winter and the boss said he had no work for us so I got a job at ups and went to community college. for reference this was right when the recession started. Did ok in classes but just knew I did not wanna finish my associates and then transfer to a 4 year school. had family in arizona, was able to move in with them for a year and transfer my job there and worked overnights and went to diesel trade school from like 2-8pm. m-friday. it was rough but i got it done. got a job as an entry level tech and over the last 12 years i made my way into a supervisor position. Trust me i was in your shoes it sucks when you are young and lack the experience. once you learn a trade you become in so in demand. I can find a job in the snap of my fingers. Sometimes I wish i would have went into software programming/engineering like my dad because it is similar. skilled trade just less wear and tear on the body. Sorry for the novel just trying my best to give you guidance, I was the oldest in my family and really never had anyone to ask for advice so I wanna give you the best I can.

Yeah I hate the strain on my body, WOrking in 112 degree heat sucks ass.

also i forgot to add i chose diesel because I liked working on cars but when the recession hit people had less money and were more apt to let issues continue to get worse with their cars to save money and not have preventative maintenance done on their cars. The trucking industry always has to run. Can't get groceries if the trucks don't deliver them and they have to fix trucks to be safe for the road according to dot standards. so work is always there unless the earth explodes.

I got a government job, money sucks at fist but still livable. Even if you are living paycheck to paycheck for a year or two you have a bad ass retirement and really good insurance. If i could do it over again i would have gone union. I got offered a union job but it was when i was closing on my house so i had to stay. also after 15 years i get to work in the a/c so its so nice. I was in vegas a few weeks ago and lived in phoenix, fuck that heat lol

Just join the military broke loser fag. I use to be like you, not I make a shit load of money from the free college and experience. Fucking retard loser.

wow man, the dude is having a hard time. he is a human being just like the rest of us. Find a better way to express the benefits of joining the service. I have plenty of buddies that used the GI bill and were successful. You do not have to be a prick about it dude. Not sure if you are joking but if you were trying you fucking suck at it