Had a girl over(28) and she was terrified of the dark, come to learn everyone I know sleep with the TV on...

Had a girl over(28) and she was terrified of the dark, come to learn everyone I know sleep with the TV on. Why are people such pussies?

Attached: light_in_dark-945x630.jpg (945x630, 23.86K)

>everyone I know sleep with the TV on
lol wat

You don't use a TV like nightlight do you you?

Damn Chinese phone.

Nope. I sleep in complete darkness.

I do tbh

Same, just astounding that the majority of adults can't.

What are you so nervous about? You're within your domicile, you're safer than a school.

We don't even have an tv in our bedroom.

It's habitual or something. They could develop not to.

It’s not that. Sometimes I do need darkness to sleep. It’s moreso a unnerving thing

For info I’m a zoomer (19) and I sleep with night light cause my imagination runs wild. One time I was listening to classical music (violin concertos only) and woke up scared as shit. I believe the piece was related to the Victorian era if I’m not mistaken. Couldn’t sleep and one time I had sleep paralysis. So for the most part I sleep with some sort of light.

Attached: 493E3110-F3BE-457A-AE86-2550EEE235E5.gif (250x417, 1.8M)

Habitual fear of sleeping peacefully? You can really tell who didn't take risk as a child,l.

God, zoomers are so lame.

But why? You'rewithin a finite space, the boogeyman isn't there.

You need to reclaim yourself, fuck your mind. You're in charge.

It’s not the boogeyman, it’s that something could be there.

Meant to be

You could get hit by a meteorite at any moment. Can you not begin to control your fear?

Thanks will do

Attached: 03A81A9A-8FDD-4C37-8ECB-3B39A0F773A5.jpg (462x452, 140.51K)

>You could get hit by a meteorite at any moment
That would be a blessing

This honestly especially if you hear a noise. Makes me paranoid af

Attached: 70AE4118-9FE4-4FA6-8608-6F665E455C12.jpg (975x1732, 119.89K)

Checked.

You might as well say boogeyman it would be more logical. But seriously there's nothing there monsters aren't real, nothing is lurking in the dark. There's a difference between the corner of your room and a dark alley.

Then anhero you whiny turd. JFC zoom zooms just make me sick with your nihilistic bitching.

Attached: anhero.jpg (600x735, 39.21K)

I don't think it's a fear for most, unlike the girl in OP, but moreso a ritualized comfort. Change the ritual and it's initially hard to sleep but they'll get used to it quickly.

Cool, you have OCD. You're just nuts.

I used to be afraid of the dark because you would make shaped out of nothing thinking someone's in the room. Honestly once you get older and you experience depression or something traumatic, the dark is the least of your worries. If anything you wish something would happen and would take that demon on in a fist fight for fun.

Exactly, if there's anything and big if, bring it on!

You're projecting an awful lot based on little.