Weed thread

weed thread

Attached: received_478276484158329.jpg (1536x2048, 205.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/publication/251476768_Decarboxylation_of_D_9-tetrahydrocannabinol_Kinetics_and_molecular_modeling
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

Have you tried decarboxylation? Makes weed you eat much more potent by breaking down carboxyl chains thereby making the substances in marijuana more bio-available
bake at 230F (115C) in a container in your oven for 30 minutes or so
the cannabis will be a golden brown. smokes better to.

you shouldn't need to decarb if you're smoking tho?

Tfw bakes the THC off their premo nug.

Attached: 156.gif (290x221, 1.42M)

no, decarbing cannabis is only useful for making it more potent for oral consumption
it would weaken your weed if you plan to smoke it

>i spent $120 on 2 grams of live hash rosin earlier
honestly I'm not even mad about it. it's great but way too expensive

Attached: LmTofH1465773322.jpg (640x480, 136.79K)

I payed $40. for this. Did I get ripped off?

Attached: pot.6................jpg (1536x2048, 399.07K)

No, not at all. you are naturally decarbing the marijuana that way. it smokes better when it's baked though. similar to cured tobacco (not that I use tobacco)
>doesn't get it
well user, let me put it to you this way
it gets you higher when you eat it and it smokes easier when you use it in a pipe
it tastes different too. going back to eating or smoking (green) marijuana, you can tell it's green
I mean it tastes like unprepared food, or unripened fruit
don't get me wrong, I still like green too, gut you notice the difference is all

not necessarily
you are not destroying the THC if you decarboylate the weed at the correct temperature
I notice no change in potency, only a change in the way it burns
If you have proof it lowers the potency for smoking purposes, I would genuinely like to see it
from my own experiences I cannot tell a difference, but I am always wanting to learn more

Not that guy but..

researchgate.net/publication/251476768_Decarboxylation_of_D_9-tetrahydrocannabinol_Kinetics_and_molecular_modeling

The optimal yield of active THC occurs when weed is heated at 110 degrees Celsius for 110 minutes.

Without airtight storage in a sufficiently sturdy container, cannabis will lose potency as cannabinoids slowly decarboxylate and activate prematurely. Ergo if you plan to decarb you should provide a fatty medium to absorb the cannabinoid (such as a butter) or smoke it in a short timeframe after

7676 Rare Dubs!!
True, but does state it loses potency after decarboxylation?
I mean, I have not read the article yet, but I have not found any information while searching stating it happens either.
I only decarb about 2 grams at a time at most.
Also, 230F (115C) for *30 minutes (45 at most) is what I have found to be the ideal temperature for the results I desire.

I never try to decarb more than I plan to use in the days/week to come. Usually less than 2 grams or just about that much.

you're not going to get consistent temperatures in a consumer oven dude
I'm not going to provide you "proof" because it's not my job to educate the world's ignorant when common sense should do for them

Not the guy you're replying to but do you live in a legal area? It sounds like you're getting weed that isn't properly dried and cured

Long term oxidative decarboxylation is not the same as the quicker heat induced method, and the results are different because the herb is not decomposing in the heat the same way it would in nature or the open air.

No kidding? Yeah, that's not the point. Also where did I mention a consumer oven?
>it's not my job to educate the world's ignorant
>implying you have any knowledge to give
Ego-post. Chill out. If you do not know, then refrain from answering. Simple.
Yes, and high grade too.
You would understand if you tried it. It's a different burn.
I am not implying my weed won't burn without doing this first, I am not implying low quality or a bad grow or latent moisture.
I am saying when it's golden brown and changed through this process it smokes easier.
Even easier than bone-dry well cured grade A bud.

I grow my own weed the dispensary Jew hates me.

Attached: 3BB3F086-D9A7-44A9-88BF-E56623C74A84.jpg (750x1334, 250.49K)

Nice.

I’m a fucking bitch who’s never smoked, heading to a party tomorrow, got any advice on how to not cough like a pussy?

Don't worry about it. Everyone coughs.

>how do I inhale irritants and ash without having a natural reaction to it?

Not him, but take light tokes, enjoy the flavor
inhale but don''t try to hold it in until it hurts. Stay calm, enjoy.
A lot of people don't get high the first time, some get super high.
Some people are allergic..
Make the experience your own, whatever happens.
I love the flavor and being with others. You'll find things you like about it too, or maybe things you hate.
We all experience life and the highs it brings differently.

Attached: decarb.jpg (1236x788, 797.22K)

just decarb it, bruh

that's wood -_-

>implying wood doesn't burn easier if you decarb it first

>making coal
yeah but common now

Your fortune: Very Bad Luck

you may cough and that's alright
you should probably vape it or better yet do edibles though if you're a young person
>advice from a dude that didn't have that option

Potency loss isn't immediate and if you're only decarbing what you're using in the very near future then you're doing it right.
After activating your almonds the potency loss over time becomes significantly more pronounced but when consumed shortly after that loss is offset by an even more significant increase in potency during the process.

Long story short what you're doing is fine, you will get more mileage from your green without having to fire up the oven every time you want a smoke, just not as much as say making edibles out of it

Also this.
Edibles are the better option, vaping and smoking are both really dumb things to do to your body

Everyone talks about rubbing alcohol and salt to clean glass but no adds the 5 second in the microwave trick. Cleans my used to be hard to clean bubbler in seconds.

Yeah, that's what I thought after I read what I read, but thank you very much for the clarification.
>After activating your almonds
Kek
That brings me back, good prep analogy.
>you will get more mileage from your green
Yeah, that's a BIG pat of why doing this is so great. A little decarbed weed goes so much further than green weed would.
Also, i don't make edibles/butter or other confections out of it because that means locking it into a medium I might not desire as much later.
Sure, doing one big batch of butter or whatever is more energy efficient, and helps in the uptake of the substances too, but I like having options.
Still, you are right.

Good posts user.

only need to do that if you're making edibles. smoking/vaping already decarbs all the THCA