The Firestick

You guys done anything cool with it yet? Normies online wanna say they can do cool things with it when in reality all they've done is show you how to download and backdoor programs. Oh boy. Look at android go...

Attached: file.png (425x425, 144.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/S0und/S0undTV
firesticktricks.com/mouse-toggle-firestick.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I only use mine for Sling & Kodi, don't know what else anyone would want to do with these things beyond streaming, they're gimped by design with no USB capabilities.

yeah I've had to figure out how to work around that and get something like a file sender. It's been a pain in the ass to do it.

Kodi to watch all the anime on my NAS
This app for twitch: github.com/S0und/S0undTV
I sometimes stream arbitrary stuff to it from my phone with ADM+bubbleupnp

you can't netfilx and chill without one of these

It runs android so you can sideload any apk you want. The benefit of a device like this is being able to access both legitimate services and pirate ones. If you buy some bullshit like Roku they make it harder for you to do that.

You can buy an adapter for USB

how would you plug it in user?

Just the basic streaming with plex. At least it's faster than my old TV.

My boomer parents have one for streaming from my jellyfin server. Was like $15-20 on sale.

Remember to install this app that lets you use a virtual cursor everywhere
firesticktricks.com/mouse-toggle-firestick.html

what if I already have a bluetooth mouse

you can open up the thing and there are some basic i/o pins you can solder usb cable to, then you can do your typical adb stuff and possibly even root it

that's WAY too much work.

beggars cant be choosers
if you want usb ports, you should look for older android 7.0 models. those incidentally have sdcard slots too

>6666
lucky
makes sense I suppose still gay that they removed that as a feature.

Same usb port that's used to power the device can also be used for usb drives etc

Pair it.

Apparently the thing doesn't have enough power without the cord

Use it.

You can use an adapter that will allow you to still use the power supply it comes with and a USB drive.

Attached: file.png (757x500, 300.48K)

interesting cord.

I haven't used a fire stick in years. My current device is a mi box. I saw a youtuber use one like this to play roms in retroarch from a flash drive.