What was the last good year in your opinion?

IMO, 2007 was the last pure year. 2008-mid 2009 had some redeeming qualities, but it was the start of the decline because that was when the recession happened and iPhones and social media started to rise in popularity. Late 2009 onwards feels like a completely different universe.

I would say the 20th century officially ended in 2008, and the summer of 2009 was the last time we were on Earth and not in whatever hellish dimension we're in now.

Attached: Long 20th Century.png (1280x720, 1.6M)

2018 shitty but 2019 and 2021 were god tier.

I would've only been 5 years old in 2007. I was a little too young to appreciate it. Wish I could've, since everyone looks on that period of the 00's (00-07) with such fondness.
Although sometimes I can't help but imagine that it's being heavily romanticized and wasn't as good as people remember. Like how boomers view the 50's and 60's.
2016 was kinda ok at least.

Your fortune: Bad Luck

If you're not making every year better, what are you even doing?
2022s been a blast, my first son was born, I moved into management, made a good chunk of cash doing side jobs and paid off a ton of debt, did a shit ton of home improvements, and made good progress on a few personal projects. 2023 is gonna be even better

Fuck yeah user. That’s the attitude. Are you by memphis by chance?

No, in the great white north eh

There's a difference between good in your personal life, and good years for the world. One thing I can say about the American Century, defined as being 1898-2007 with some residue in 2008-2009, is that there was a lot more camaraderie among people here. Even in the worst of times, like during WWII, people were united. Now, everyone is isolated from each other and the enemies are in the house. We barely survived Covid (and it's still not completely over), I honestly don't know if we'll survive another pandemic. And with everyone constantly on their iPhones and on social media platforms (yes, this includes Any Forums), culture has stagnated and created a techno-dystopia where no one is free and very few people want to be free. Brave New World was a prophecy.

I got a few people in Canada I’m planning with, big plans. Next year or the year after most likely. May I ask you for a way to contact you, so that I may make your acquaintance in the unlikely event you would like additional side jobs?

2019. My net worth was at an all time high. Then the scam-democrats was created to oust Trump and Biden/Democrats ruined it all.

I hate to tell you, but the fact that Donald fucking Trump ever got to be the president of this country proves that we've entered some sort of hellish parody of Earth. I know you're in the cult, so let me give you an analogy. Imagine if Lil Wayne became president. That's where we're at.

>Imagine if Lil Wayne became president.
...Who? Is he a world renown businessman who people have been asking to become president since the 80's? lol what a dumb fucking analogy

Attached: 1662427369297316.gif (480x270, 1000.29K)

I don't look at the 00's with fondness. I was born in 84 and view the late 90s as peak civilization. There seemed to be a lot more optimism for the future and the economy was doing great and crime mostly went away in a lot of big cities (compared to the 80's), etc.,. The IT market crashed and then 9/11 happened, and then the Iraq invasion, and that sense of optimism became cynicism. The stock market and oil prices were turbulent during the 00's and polarization in the country really set in.

>world renown businessman

I don't think he's exactly well respected in the business community.

>world renown businessman
fuckin lol

I feel like the sense of optimism you're talking about only started dying in the late 00s with the recession. I remember people were still friendly with each other and as terrible as Bush was, you could at least have a conversation with his supporters. It's a new ballpark now.

people will look back fondly on right now when it gets even worse.

Attached: R (1).gif (500x400, 1017.61K)

lol, covid was bullshit. they are gonna have to do better than that.

The fact that a good percentage of the population shares your attitude is why we definitely won't survive another pandemic. God I hate libertarians.

the fact there's so many tards like you that think it was a big deal shows that humans don't deserve to survive a real one.

Attached: 1662021884570370.jpg (1638x2048, 1.18M)

Honestly 1549-1633 was peak humanity

2000 was the last good year.

9/11 changed everything, and not for the better.

I disagree. The world still had soul after 9/11. The soul started dying in 2008, and in late 2009 it was officially a new era.

2001-2007 still felt like "19XX" years to me. 2008-mid 2009 felt like a weird transitional period.

Id say it all ended in 2004. That was the last great year.

This is because that was the year the very last Buick Century rolled off the assembly line (for the 2005 model year, but that don't count)

Attached: buick.jpg (1024x682, 953.91K)