I am absolutely terrified of death and eternal darkness...

I am absolutely terrified of death and eternal darkness. The idea that one day I'll cease to exist and my thoughts and consciousness will just disappear forever is such terrifying idea that it makes me lose all motivation to do anything.

How do you cope with this, Any Forums? Don't pitch religion to me because I'm not interested.

Attached: drunkpepe.png (509x411, 11.42K)

Don't waste your time.

Distract yourself. Play games, travel if you can afford to, fuck if you can afford to, hell, do fucking drugs. That's all any of us can do - try not think about it.

Eternal life is equally terrifying

You dont cope with it. You ignore it or research biological immortality.

Ok, let's say you live a complete and full life. How will that change the fact that you'll die one day, all of your thoughts and memories will cease to exist, and nothing you did will mean anything?

"Ignore it" is the solution I always hear, and I can't believe humanity hasn't killed itself yet

Same boat, but I heard some advice that kind of helped me about a year ago, it's not religion but it might sound a bit hippy-ish. I hate hippies, but, everything in this universe is made of "energy" or atoms, whatever you call it, and everything flows, especially energy. The energy from the universe has given you the body you currently inhabit, and inevitably, when you return to the earth, that energy must go somewhere. I also think your thoughts and conscience disappear but maybe not permanently. You'll never even know you're dead, and who's to say the energy in your body hasn't inhabited some other body before you now.
Another thing is: you've been dead for billions of years until your birth, and everything is always scary the first time, so why would you be scared of something you've already experienced but had forgotten? Again I know this sounds like hippy shit but it helped me with your problem now

How about the idea that you will \ retain all consciousness and memories after death, and live in the purest form of your own suffering for eternity. Does that not terrify you more?

you only really die when you generate life, cause that's when circle of life closes itself.

No. I'd rather that then to exist at all. That honestly sounds like It'd become tolerable after a while.

This motherfucker gets it. Ceased existence should actually be a comforting thought, not something to be feared.

Where we are, death is not.
Where death is, we are not.
Therefore death does not concern us.

Attached: Epicurus_ftw.png (485x634, 603.81K)

do you really enjoy life that much? idk being free eventually seems nice to me

So can you give me the can I think I'm gonna hurl

>you've been dead for billions of years until your birth, and everything is always scary the first time, so why would you be scared of something you've already experienced but had forgotten?

That fucking sucks, though. Billions of years just vanished and I never even noticed. I don't ever want that to happen again but it will.

That terror is a good thing, if it motivates you to live life to the full. Can you imagine the despair of lying on your deathbed, knowing you never had enough fun, or did the things you wanted to do, and now there's no chance?
This is how death gives meaning to life. It's the best motivator there is,

What helps to get rid of that fear is to have a near-death experience or really think that you're going to die. Then you're like, "Ah well, now I know what it'll feel like when it happens."

You'd choose life after death over non life?

What good is living life to the fullest on your death bed? So that you can feel kinda good for a few minutes before all of those memories are destroyed forever? The second you die your fate will be exactly identical as someone who lived a horrible shitty life and died young.

Stop being a massive faggot, logically we all die. Confront the unknown without being a faggot about it, you, me, your mom, people you love, people you hate, vice versa will ALL die. I don't know what happens after we die, all I do know is that we do die. I would like to know but as long as I am alive, we will never know and figure it out, deal with it faggot

you scared the shit out of me op, i use that photo as my shitty youtube channels PFP and when i saw it here my heart jumped in my throat go fuck yourself

Even if you cease to exist one day, just think about how lucky you are to be experiencing consciousness right now.

I'm also afraid of this. We have so few years and we have to spend them working for some rich kikes who get to both live in paradise and also live longer than us normal people. It's caused me to utterly hate rich people.

What the fuck point were you even trying to make? All you did was reaffirm what OP said and then added "don't be gay lol"

Don't be gay you gay retard. Clear?

>you never had enough fun
this will always be true? pleasure is the realm of hungry ghosts that will never know satisfaction.
what you're overlooking is that the equality of death frees you, op.
You said it yourself >The second you die your fate will be exactly identical as someone who lived a horrible shitty life and died young.
So why are you fretting so much? lol
Just do whatever you want. The fact that it's all reduced to 0 means you shouldn't be a pussy about getting what you want. Stop being scared to assert yourself and get pussy. YOU ARE FREE
Live and do shit, YOLO

To fucking deal with it, accept it for what it is as opposed to fighting it. I don't fucking know what happens after death, I do know for sure that we die. I just deal with the fact that I will die, who gives a shit? Fucking deal with it. If you're young I understand why it is such a big deal, but grow up and accept it.

When you think about it, time is just a construct created from our conscienceness to better perceive the world around us. "Time" passes with no meaning. It only has meaning because you've given it just that. I guess the way I look at things really only adds to my existential dread, and probably OP's, sorry OP. But nothing really has meaning and it never will, nothing matters besides what you give purpose to things in your life. So I guess just don't take anything too serious and enjoy this life that the universe has given to you, being scared about it only defeats that purpose. Though it's easier said than done

I don't find it that bad. Although I would rather be reborn as someone having a better life, I actually believe there is nothing after death. I had one chance at life and I was born at the wrong time to the wrong family, so my life will always be subpar. It's not that my life is totally unbearable, but I find pretty much no satisfaction in it. I'm too psychologically crippled and too old to live the life that is worth of living. I'm not directly suicidal, even though I often think about death or occasionaly self-harm, but I wouldn't mind if I'll die. Well, maybe I'll kill myself one day, because as I'm getting older, I'm getting reassured that I'll never get anywhere in my life.
As I said, reincarnation would be better, but the idea of eternal nothingness is quite soothing after all.

Well it's not like you'll be around to experience it, so what's the issue.
You won't sit around in a black void. You won't do anything at all, anywhere.

>How do you cope with this?
Why would you waste your minimal life thinking about this constantly? There is a beginning and an end to everything.
If I’m watching a movie, am I “scared” that it’s gonna end despite it being really good? No. Im going to enjoy it while it lasts and then I’ll gonna talk to people who’ve seen the movie or just watch it with other people.
Same with life. You live to best i
of your ability, help people, be a positive influence on next generations, have fun and enjoy life, maybe get together with someone and enjoy life together, maybe make some life and have an impact on their life.
Is it gonna end? Yes, but it’s not the ending of life that matters it’s the quality of life.

Brilliant advice, idiot.

"How do I fix this problem?"
"JUST DEAL WITH IT FAGGOT."
"How?"
"DEEEEEEEAAAL WITH IIIIIIT"

Attached: z.jpg (372x319, 23.96K)