KDE

Just updated arch with KDE and now my filepicker has a white theme that I just cant change.

WTF just happened Any Forums? anyone had the same problem?

Attached: wtffff.png (1992x103, 10.98K)

works on my machine
but is it just the file picker? is everything else dark theme?

>but is it just the file picker? is everything else dark theme?
yeah, its weird

I installed all the memes and they dont work how did this happen pls fix hackermans

no because I don't use kde.

just updated my system, still working (even tested on brave)
maybe it requires a system reboot
have you tried changing to the white theme and then back (or maybe you have breeze twilight selected)

>maybe it requires a system reboot
Tried that, didnt work, that is so weird huh

>KDE
use an actually good de like gnome

meant it requires a system reboot to break, can't be bothered to reboot now

OH WOW I SURE AM SURPRISED THAT ARCH SHIT ITSELF AFTER AN UPDATE THAT NEVER HAPPENS

Meanwhile my Fedora KDE install just works, has always just worked and always will just work.

Attached: Arch Chad.png (211x238, 5.13K)

KDE is unusable on rolling release distribution and you just found out why the hard way.

Their release cycle is way too fast and they clearly don't test their releases properly. Anyone who still claims that releases that upstream calls "stable" are always actually stable is delusional.

I heard that KDE on Fedora is much worse than KDE on Arch

Why do I feel like KDE gets called unstable just because Arch fags can't keep themselves from updating packages every 30 minutes.

>Why do I feel like KDE gets called unstable just because Arch fags can't keep themselves from updating packages every 30 minutes.
I update every week with Timeshift as backup incase something breaks really bad

>Arch fags can't keep themselves from updating packages every 30 minutes.
I agree that updates shouldn't really be that frequent, even on a desktop, but upstream releases should be actually fucking stable if the developers claim so.

After all, that's what Arch (and most other rolling release distributions) distribute: the latest *stable* upstream release. It's not like they distribute an alpha version or something (where breakage and bugs would be excusable). They distribute software that the original developers claim to be polished and working correctly, but it turns out, this often isn't the case. Upstream developers do not and usually cannot do enough rigorous testing to verify that a particular release is indeed production ready. This is part of the reason why point release distributions exist in the first place.

However, this does not excuse upstream from releasing software as "stable" when it's clearly buggy and untested: using a rolling release distribution on a production machine may be naive, but rolling release distributions can also expose poor upstream quality control. This is indeed the case with KDE.

>arch
you asked for it

Attached: 11073 - arch_linux bloodshot_eyes crying g_(4chan) hanging linux logo mustache noose open_mouth purple_hair rope soyjak stubble suicide technology tongue tranny variant bernd.png (768x719, 108.21K)

What is the solution here to this? its not a system breaking bug, but it is infuriating.

Attached: 9f5.gif (488x519, 414.74K)

File a bug, fix it yourself if you know how to do it, meanwhile stick to an older version that is known to be reliable and free from this problem.

Life is too short to tolerate buggy software.

>Life is too short to tolerate buggy software.
and that is why you use Mint or Fedora instead of bleeding edge

Does it happen under Firefox?

No, but thats because my firefox uses the GTK file picker, couldnt manage to change it to the KDE one

Sooner or later everyone comes to the realization that fixed release distros were right all along and the rolling release model creates far more problems than it solves.

The recent popularity of rolling release distributions is a blatant case of the Chesterton’s Fence: newer users see these old, dinosaur distributions using old, "outdated" software and think that it would be super cool to have all the newest shit immediately and that those old dinosaurs were retards for not thinking about it sooner. It turns out, there was a very legitimate reason behind that decision, and that reason still applies today.

It's one thing to ditch clearly outdated solutions for problems that no longer exist (e.g. it's ridiculous to worry about using more than 1MiB of memory on a modern desktop PC), but change for the sake of change is another.

Rolling release have their place, I use Arch on my gaming partition. But I'd never use it on a production machine, not even a desktop.

stable release distros are also pretty modern right now with the invention of flatpaks and appimages, you keep your system files stable but oldversions, and your apps new and bleeding edge