Just bricked my Dad’s pc by installing a Windows update...

Just bricked my Dad’s pc by installing a Windows update. Apparently bitlocker is preinstalled and the recovery mode was triggered after the update (no recovery key on the linked MS account). That’s it, I’m finally moving off this pajeetware

Attached: 82E6A363-744B-4653-A894-9A2EC66120C8.jpg (1086x992, 264.55K)

be a man (female) and use macOS

another bitlocker horror story eh

Thanks for fucking up my PC you little shit.

Godspeed, user. If you want something boomer friendly, go with KDE Neon or Linux Mint. Whichever one looks comfier to you.

You didn't brick it, Microsoft did as a consequence of deciding that the operating system just HAS to install firmware updates.
Yeah, we had that happen to some of our machines at work. A firmware update modified some data in the TPM, destroying whatever keys that were in there necessary to decrypt the drive. Consequently, even once a recovery key was entered, whatever was left of the bootloader only saw gibberish and we just had to re-install.

My dad had beaten the shit out of me when I fucked up his windows 95 PC back in '97. All I did was trying to install duke nukem AND sound card drivers (on a pc that didn't have a sound card nor speakers, kid's brain lmao). I don't exactly remember how I managed to destroy it but that was some unique beating I had. It was his work PC.

I miss him anyway, never had a grudge against him for beating me up. That's how kids used to be grown up.

>no recovery key on the linked MS account
Good bait/FUD, here's your 310 posts.

>spank me daddy

Threads like this are what happen when you don't have a dad, and the only "people" you can get approval from are an anonymous bunch of pedophiles.

That's not even close to what happens.

Attached: 50060714_239179186964657_4259777044100939776_n.jpg (400x400, 17.28K)

as the other poster said. I manually updated my BIOS a few months ago, wiping my TPM, but after manually putting in the recovery key it was back to normal. Even refreshed whatever needed to be stored in the TPM, one and done.

Backup your shit.

>That’s it, I’m finally moving off this pajeetware
Well it's about time, Windows has been a trainwreck for a long time. After they outsourced all the development to India there was no way to recover from it anymore. It probably only works if you stop eating cow and pray to Hindu gods.

They need to sued so bad
Windows updates have bricked so many PCs this year

Attached: 86601BD3-6E49-4BE5-87F7-815B1A60C28A.jpg (1199x900, 92.43K)

what does bitlocker actually encrypts when it enables itself? on an off chance my dual booting offline windows 10 LTSB with disabled updates ever updates on accident i need to know. is it just bootloader, the c:\? or the actual data partition i have separate from c:\
can it fuck up my linux drives on accident too? like "initializing" my luks hdd and creating partitions on it autonomously

>no this is actually your fault, here’s why
Every time

Attached: BF0051E7-120F-4923-9CCC-08C181940ACB.jpg (1086x992, 95.14K)

Okay, you explain what happened then.
>leave one weekend
>come back on Monday
>3/5 computers all of the same model have quit booting up
>Other two were left on all weekend
>enter bitlocker recovery keys
>see message about how system requires recovery (or something, this was a few months ago)
>windows installation simply not found
>the usual methods of rebuilding boot configuration data file don't work
>Have to re-install
>one of the remaining computers is restarted to fix a scanner issue
>same problem on that one
If the TPM data wasn't modified, then SOMETHING had to have been fucked with by a firmware update, what else could it be?

I installed Linux first, with LUKS of course, and Windows after. It sucks because BitLocker encrypts its partition /after/ install which seems dumb to me. There may be a way to do it initially.

Just C:. I have my BIOS set to boot Windows first just incase it wants to do its stupid timed updates so my PC isn't stuck on the Linux decrypt input.

>uses linux
>idiot question
Every
Single
Time

Attached: 1602204699288.jpg (533x388, 85.8K)

>enter bitlocker recovery keys
>see message about how system requires recovery (or something, this was a few months ago)
It's literally the other way around, Juan. Go back to mopping the floor before I report you to ICE.