Why is this making the children on this board cry so hard?

Why is this making the children on this board cry so hard?

Attached: golang.png (1400x933, 71.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

go.dev/doc/install
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Kills java on servers
Based

Sudo go fuck yourself ---global

probably something to do with the average tranny rust user or cnile boomer being against delivering actually useful software

>cnile
user I have some bad news as boomer! We're not old enough be effected by senility, but you clearly are!

Attached: smug and shocked.jpg (578x578, 53.57K)

too practical for Any Forums

Because even children are less dumb than gophers.

>follow instructions to install go
>breaks
>install software written in go
>50/50 chance it breaks
>memory leak
>uninstall software
>uninstall go
>try python program instead
>"pip install -r requirements.txt"
>oh no
>it breaks
>finally fix it
>program has fucking syntax errors everywhere
>uninstall
Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to github tomorrow.

Have you tried not being retarded?

Because it fixed everything wrong with all popular languages since C++, so memorizing thousands of C++/Java/Python edge cases is no longer a valuable skill.

Just imagine.
Just imagine spending 10 years programming in [language], memorizing every single pothole and footgun that the language has to offer, building your whole career on being the "boomer that knows it all" - and suddenly you get mogged by zoomers who write Go code 10x faster than you can write [language] code, and they make more robust and less error-prone software than you.

I'd be seething too.

Fortunately, I'm a Go zoomer :^)

Attached: gopher.png (1300x1392, 229.64K)

I quite literally followed their install instructions line by line and it didn't work. It's not my job to patch your shitty go slop to just run it.

This and only this.
Same goes for rust.

Newer languages fix what older language failed to implement, boomers disregard them because it threatens what made their CV stand out: their knowledge of all edge cases of C and C++.
But having better language also comes with a steeper learning curve, and they don't want to relearn everything from scratch, instead of just doing what every other engineers in other fields do, that is continuously educate themselves.

Python isn't going anywherr any time soon LOL, much less for this thing. In fact is growing stronger than before somehow.

Because it's another Jewgle abandware project. If you want unreliability. Jewgle is your go to. Doesn't matter if it's good. In the hands of Jewgle it will eventually be shit.

>sacrificing freedom for safety
spoken like a true zoomer.

Worked for me, so I'm pretty sure you are just retarded. Post a link or stfu.

if err =! nil

Good language but still doesn't beat C

True, but it didn't set out to
The C interop is pretty comfy though.

Zig did

>Worked for me, so I'm pretty sure you are just retarded. Post a link or stfu.
go.dev/doc/install

It just doesn't work.

I don't like Google, but this is not a valid reason to dislike Go. It is a programming language. It is widely used and loved. Google often drops products that people don't care about or use, I don't see why that is a big deal. Get over it. You sound like a woman.

Worked for me. But I won't argue, if it doesn't work for you I can see why that would put you off from the language. Oh well.