/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Read the sticky:
>GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones
How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread:

Attached: anQjQwL_460swp.jpg (460x460, 60.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/oembed?url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSZa2hSKPm4&format=json
github.com/eight04/linkify-plus-plus-core/blob/master/dist/linkify-plus-plus-core.js
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HELP
IS THERE SOME BROWSER ADDON I CAN DOWNLOAD TO turn youtube links into hyperlinks and show their title? No I don't use the default Any Forums x and I've been wholly unsuccessful finding anything else that does this easy specific thing.
Or direct me toward a more useful place to ask, please.

Why do glowniggers on Any Forums hate talking about opensource hardware?

Attached: s.jpg (474x309, 7.76K)

because opensource hardware is shit, prove me wrong.

costs aside, is getting a Ryzen 7000, next gen board and DDR5 ram on the week of release a bad idea because the BIOS and stability is usually shit for the first 6 months?

Why is windows automatically creating shortcuts on the desktop to applications I run? I'm not talking about the icons created when they are installed, but when I use them. How do I turn this off?

It's a gamble, and judging by my Gigabyte then even a year is not enough to stabilize anything. The second year was a gamble, the first one was a shitshow.

My cpu cooler came with 2 fans, but I've only one CPU_FAN motherboard slot.
It also came with a splitter, one part black and with 4 pins, the other white with 3.

Am I correct to assume that I can control the speed of only one of them and not the other?
It sounds that way when I alter the fan curve in BIOS.

Is there a way I can have programs only be allowed to edit and modify files in their own folder and not anywhere else on the computer? I have some old games and programs that predate UAC.

Attached: 1629769436117.png (292x292, 64.87K)

Can i use the xbox wireless adapter (the slim one) as a bluetooth dongle for earbuds?
I bought it a couple of year ago because i had an older xbox controller wothout blutooth.

does manual memory management mean assigning the literal physical addresses in memory or is it just assigning how memory would be organized (e.g. first address has this, second address has that, etc) which are then assigned actual physical addresses when code runs?

Are you talking in the context of C/C++/Rust as opposed to the automatic memory management of languages like Java?

if your motherboard has a 4pin CPU fan slot then use another splitter and connect the 2 fans to the one slot meaning you control the speed of both, if that is your wish.

>go to nVidia Control Panel
>turn on vsync
>vsync doesn't work
>not a single option from the control panel works
Why is the control panel even there if it doesn't work?

Attached: crying_igarashi.png (426x463, 183.33K)

Well you could go through the Linkify plus plus userscript, step through how it works, remove code not related to youtube links (like mail links or all those non .com TLDs) and edit the linkifier to set the title of the video link that you've got from the youtube API.
You can get the title from the following api link (change the video id after v=)
>youtube.com/oembed?url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSZa2hSKPm4&format=json
Linkify plus plus core
>github.com/eight04/linkify-plus-plus-core/blob/master/dist/linkify-plus-plus-core.js

I "fixed" it for the time being by setting that Smart-Fan crap to voltage instead of PWM. Both of them are being scaled up and down nicely now.
I'll keep what you posted in mind since that's about what I want to do.

Thank you.

you have to reset your PC for them to work. yes Nvidia are that bad

C and assembly.

Attached: I Will Now Self Destruct.jpg (1036x693, 102.07K)

Manual memory management means that the programmer is explicit about obtaining and releasing memory. In C this is achieved by using local variables and heap functions like malloc/free.
It's not typical that you are talking about using specific memory locations, though you could if you were targeting a specific platform. Usually the C standard library implements those details itself, by using OS APIs. Malloc just "magically" gives you a block of memory of the size you asked for, and you don't have to worry about it beyond that.

How do I enable dynamic range compression in mpv? Documentation suggests adding "ad-lavc-ac3drc=1" to the config file to do it, but I can't hear any difference.