/spg/ - Smartphone General

Razr 5G 2022 edition.

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Custom ROMs suggestions, privacy guides
gearjail.neocities.org/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on a good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: 19676d2453ef1b16ad052080eb06c3ad.jpg (400x301, 12.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aw2yiOhsFsc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rolling phones when?

Attached: bebe.gif (600x337, 1.68M)

phones are bloat doe

Is there something wrong with the radio in the Pixel 4a 5g?

My Internet connection drops all the time, it never did this on my old Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Bluetooth is weaker and shittier too.

Snapdragon Note20 Ultra phone of the year 2022

Attached: 02YqCzRGHlaPPIzfK5IcnGV-11.jpg (1280x959, 158.59K)

Once again I'm asking you to talk me out of it if you genuinely think it's a bad idea.

See I'm thinking about buying a refurbished phone. I want something genuinely premium but on a £350 budget. Sony Xperia 1 ii for £319 seems like a good deal. It's in "like new" condition and comes with a two year warranty. I'd be buying directly from my carrier.

pic somewhat related?

Attached: DPLnLEHX0AAdj1a.jpg (768x768, 101.81K)

I wish the S22/Ultra wasn’t a complete pile of shit. I don’t want an iPhone but they really are so much better at this level.

I bought my phone refurbished, no problems after 2 years of using it, I think you're worried about nothing

I for one am still waiting for the nokia morph
youtube.com/watch?v=Aw2yiOhsFsc

the Google Pixel 6 Pro now with Android 13 is the best phone ever

Anons, recommend me chinkphone for around 350$, only care about good screen and support for custom roms. Does anyone know if the new pocos will get lineage support?

Attached: 1570537974763.png (500x575, 29.38K)

They died with LG. Rumor has it that their next phone would've been a rollable.

Go 4 it.

Better at what?

i have a really old phone that will not stay on. it boots, then shuts down after like 30 seconds. it goes into a restart cycle if it's not plugged into AC and will drain the whole battery.
idc about fixing it; i just want no one to be able to read any information off of it. how do i make sure the data is unreadable or wiped?

I'm in burgerland. Should I go for the Zenfone 9 or get something else.

fuck, if i'm a lazy cunt who just wants things to werk and have long official support, should i look at apple then? i'm not big on samsung bloat and google's recent issues make me cautious of the pixel.

You just answered your own question, Samsung and Google are the other options, although personally I still would go for a pixel and just install Graphene, de-googled experience and hardened security, they support the device as long as google does

Pretty soon it will be legally required for all Americans to own an iPhone so you might as well get prepared for that

I wouldn't even mind lower prices if I could reliably get things for chinkphone prices. I miss before carriers started cracking down on shit more and you could reliably get shit for like $250 burger bucks that was fucking jamming. I know it's still like that in the EU/AS, but I just don't see anything I really want to deal with. Even Apple I have no idea about as I've never used their phones.

>lower prices
meant lower support

jesus christ how horrifying

If you don't want to deal with the fuss then just get something the sake of calls and texts, then ignore everything else

My asus zenfone 8 recently got hot due to taking a long video in the sun, so i put it in the fridge, the sim tray stopped working, googled it and it turns out im retarded for putting it in the fridge since water condenses on the hot parts

Please tell me anyone of you made a similar stupid mistake with their phone

Still had warranty and i got it back fixed now