Best in class standard library

>best in class standard library
>best in class development flow
>best in class compiler errors
god damn I love rust

Attached: 1662737679572.jpg (2048x1024, 193.64K)

btw I'm trans dunno if that matters lol

*castraed
(So is the language)

Don't care, still going to use C++23.

[we are the champions]
And we'll keep compiling,
To the end, my friend.
Yes, we are the champions we are the champions

Yeah.... not really sure why this is even a conversation. All good devs are writing C or C++. The vast majority do not like nor wish to switch to Rust. Case closed. The only reasonable use case I've found for Rust is to write highly performant servers that require critical infosec. Places where memory vulnerabilities simply CANNOT happen, but execution time matters. (Rare case).

Why can't Rust's Privilege Checker be implemented for C?

>ZIG Heil

>best in no use cases
>best in lackluster libraries
>best in "you can't do that yet"

>no use cases
same use cases as cpp
>lackluster libraries
plenty of good stuff available
>you can't do that yet
use unsafe and implement a safe api like the implementation of the language does?

>use unsafe and implement a safe api like the implementation of the language does?
>just write everything yourself from scratch dude

...in 2027, when the compilers start supporting it

>everything
no? just write unsafe code you know needs to be unsafe with unsafe?

Which will still be decades before Rust has a standard or a memory model

It's good for webdev, but this board dislikes webdev soo

Me too. Rust is so based.

>>best in class standard library
>>best in class development flow
>>best in class compiler errors
Opps, posted wrong image

Attached: download.png (356x142, 6.04K)

Yeah it's pretty good, it's almost too good, the only downside I see with Rust is that it can get verbose quickly and it's not a good pick if you want to write something small quickly due to all conditions you have to check for. Also I don't like the crate / package management system but that's just me.

However CC++ experienced professionals find all kinds of bullshit excuse as to why they don't want to change but the reality is that the learning curve is a pain in the ass and only younger engineers and developers are willing to invest time into learning new stuff.

>best in class standard library
>can't even create random numbers
>stings abysmal
>async is so bad they had to rewrite all the threading parts of std to work with it and put those in the async_std crate
>async_std still doesn't provide enough stuff to be useful so you need like two other industrial libraries to do async
>no regex
>macros don't work and need many libraries
>no global variables without unsafe (not even immutable ones), Once is just a band aid here
Sure bud. Whatever you say.

It will be funny to watch the webdevs get mogged in a few years when WASM takes off in popularity. It hasn't happened yet, but it is happening slowly.

I like my software open sores just like my neovagina

IMO its ok for regex and random numbers to rely on external library. IDK what your issue is with strings either. Or with macros. Also global vars are gay.

add:
>doesn't have standard tail recursion. muh "functional style"
>polonius isn't implemented yet
>const generics incomplete
>incremental compilation keeps getting disabled

LMAO keep watching anime on your tiny computer screen when a 42 inch TV costs nothing