/sg/ + /htg/ - Speakers + Home Theatre General

This is a general to discuss everything from Speakers, TVs Room Setups and Media Centers.
Still need someone to do a write-up on speaker-related audio information.

Share your current setup and plans.

>Media Centers:
Kodi: kodi.tv/
Plasma BigScreen: plasma-bigscreen.org/

>Media Servers:
Jellyfin: jellyfin.org/
Plex: plex.tv/

>HTPCs:
ODROID N2+
Nvidia Shield TV

>TVs:
rtings.com/tv

>Audio and Speakers
Make sure you have a 2.1 setup at least.
[Needs someone to write this]

Previous:

Attached: DJJez's Setup.jpg (675x900, 81.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

plasma-bigscreen.org/
youtu.be/JPxkYgW-axM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck are these called. They plugged a speaker setup into my bluray but the bluray died and want to find a way to connect the speakers to my Sony bravia without buying a new bluray. It's only got rca and hdmi so idk if possible.

Attached: 1662713089624.png (1080x1740, 1.62M)

>Plasma BigScreen: plasma-bigscreen.org/
what in god's cock is the point of this

Hi Anons, i'm not very well versed in Home Theatre and while I could do a multi-hour read/research deep dive I know a kinda helpful user here can quickly answer my questions.

I've just bought a LG C2 (Have been using my laptop before this as poor)

1) What is the best/easiest way to watch torrented/usenet 4K rips on the TV? Ideally trying to avoid plugging my (old) laptop into the TV.

Is this a Nvidia Shield TV and then Plex off he laptop? I'm concerned my laptop is quite old, will the Shield do the processing?

2) Considering getting a cheap used Sonos Beam, will this just be plug in and play?

Thank you

Retard

Nice brapper
youtu.be/JPxkYgW-axM

Attached: KuKZSap.jpg (1920x1080, 532.4K)

Can you connect speakers to tv without an amplifier?

if active

Why wouldn't you be able to?

How will I hear it without an amplifier to amplify it?

see
when the amplifiers are part of the speakers already then it will just werk

>Center way too low
>Pointless front "height" speakers
>Nothing toed in properly, everything neatly lined up like some iToddler retard would do
Get the fuck out of here with this normie shit

The shield is still the best media player out there and can directly stream anything from your slaptop, but beware, it can't play HDR YouTube videos until Google decides to use something other than VP9.2

What ever happened to AV1?

I had a big tv I wanted to add to this setup for watching music videos but it would be too high up, there's a window in the way and I'd need to make some kind of frame coming up from the floor.

Attached: 1606206157351.jpg (3364x1826, 1.46M)

you don't really need to make anything, can just use a simple vesa floor stand behind the cupboard

how important is acoustic treatment?

room geometry, construction > placement > room acoustics > eq > speakers > everything else

If you're going to spend this much money on a home theater, why not install in-wall speakers so your living room doesn't look like a retarded mess of giant black boxes everywhere?

because that would be an order of magnitude more expensive