4 months ago

>4 months ago
>buy a used Dell Precision M4700
>just now need to access BIOS becuase I need to turn off Secure Boot
>mfw it has a (BIOS) password
>already tried taking out the CMOS battery and tried to use master passwords
>nothing worked
wtf should I do? last option would be to sell it without telling that it has a BIOS password

Attached: bcBHMS5Fb21M.jpg (1000x750, 81.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biospassword.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Give it back Tyrone.

dude, I am actually wanting to get help here

biospassword.net/

BIOS password is the first thing you should check when buying used laptops, fucking retard

>just now need to access BIOS becuase I need to turn off Secure Boot
lol, just use windows retard

OP I have said laptop model, you can't clear it by popping the CMOS. You basically have to replace the entire IC hosting the bios for it to be wiped.

Chances are though it's just the Serial Number

Dont replace the IC bro, an external flash would probably do the trick and be much fucking easier.

OP has secure boot on
Trying to external flash will fail to boot as it's not paired with the system
Attempting an external flash will need the BIOS PW or just risk bricking the system

The quickest easiest way is swap the mobo or the IC if you can. Still not getting into that drive as it's probably 100% bitlocker'd

from where could I buy a new motherboard for it?

Google dipshit

Okay, so with secure boot does it match to a signature on the drive? How does the security measure prevent getting around it via format? Or am I way off base here?

>tyreequius stole a ten year old laptop
>not surprisingly it sucks

bruh just buy another laptop. is not worth to replace a mobo on a used laptop when you can get another used laptop. Unless you find some deal from someone selling a broken laptop of the same model just for parts

just realized its probably write protected rom, nvm

not necessarily, it can be a fun time doing bga and smd swaps on old laptops. If you fuck it up the risk is low, and chips/roms are 10-20 bucks.

>mobo 35 dollars tops
>new used laptop 120 dollars or so

>How does the security measure prevent getting around it via format? Or am I way off base here?
Because when it attempts to boot of the external USB it's going to not know the device's signature, it will ask you do disable secure boot FIRST which means you need to get into the bios, without the password you're a bit fucked. OP's only option is swap the motherboard or bios IC.

Give it back, you aren't getting into it during your life time.

fair enough buy a new mobo then

this is a high end precision laptop from a decade ago. original resale $3-5k depending on options.
it is designed to be difficult to break into

Nah, after TPM 1.0 being fixed you sure as shit aren't going to have some fun with what is obviously someones corporate laptop. Dicking around with TPM 2.0 essentially bricks itself, and depending how bitlocker was implemented you're not going to use the drive.

It's a fucking brick for OP unless he can replace the motherboard, the drive is probably trash too depending on what settings they pulled.

not for me, buying a new one would be the best option