ITT Deprecated technology

ITT Deprecated technology
Gone from iphone? Gone from every phone.

Attached: 1660212006105.jpg (1200x746, 28.46K)

>get banned from phone
>have to buy entire new device

And that's a good thing!

I still use some for my Google Fi free data sims, but aside from data sims they are kinda useless.

YOU. WILL. OWN. NOTHING.

Based, fuck SIMs and waiting for their delivery.

hate to say it but you're right

How the fuck can you get "banned from phone"
You don't even need an account

They ban your IMEI anyways.

I hate apple so much it's unreal.

It's not hard to spoof IMEI if you got half decent phone and not a consumer shit like apple or samsung

Imagine not linking your phone number to your Apple account in 2022.
Get on with the times, grandpa.

>in U.S.
Why is the average amerimutt so cucked?

Attached: Untitled.png (738x890, 272.38K)

>How the fuck can you get "banned from phone"
by removing SIM card tray

i know nothing about phones
what's wrong with e-sims?

Good. eSIM is strictly better than this shit and the only people saying otherwise are retards who don't know how eSIM works.

rip prepaid SIM cards

whats that hack called, where people call up your carrier and claim to be you, and request sim transfer to a new phone???

sim swapping? they literally hacked twitter this way... imagine what will happen in a new target rich env.

Have you tried swapping your eSIM from one device to the other? Some carriers are doing their best efforts to make it a hell for you to do that.

>Have you tried swapping your eSIM from one device to the other?
Yes, and it worked seamlessly
>Some carriers are doing their best efforts to make it a hell for you to do that
That's unfortunate but has nothing to do with eSIM. The way carriers are trying to restrict eSIM usage (by refusing to authenticate the network connection unless requests come from known SIM/IMEI pairs) works exactly the same with physical SIMs. They just chose to apply those restrictions on the next consumer-facing technology upgrade so they can pass it off as a tech limitation rather than something they felt like doing to fuck with you.

Social engineering

prepaid eSIMs work identically, and you can have multiple installed at once and switch between them on the fly (or use different ones simultaneously for calls vs data)

Oh, I'm not saying that the idea of eSIM is bad, on the contrary, it's something I have wished to be adopted for years now. The problem is that it makes it extremely easy for carriers to exploit you like never before.

Oh they exist already?
Neat I guess okay so I don't care

Ohhh my science this is so EPIC! epic for the win!

It doesn't though. All the technologies carriers can use to exploit you while using an eSIM also apply when using a physical SIM card. There's just an unfortunate timing issue with when some carriers decided to roll out exploitative actions.

I still remember having to cut the plastic with scissors and being scared of somehow ruining the chip

kek yuropoors btfo again

we won?