I do not like thing because it is popular

>I do not like thing because it is popular
>I avoid the mainstream
>My taste is dictated purely by how unpopular thing is
>I am not a sheep

lol shut the fuck up

Attached: 1625714214253.jpg (1242x1690, 265.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LgJzOsBVCTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zgLYhRVoL0g
youtube.com/watch?v=zI383uEwA6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ybfgomoY8Xs
youtube.com/watch?v=dARAN1z2KqY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

counterculture has been the second most popular thing for all of time, OP is posting bait or a retard

Attached: confused frog.png (1000x1000, 20K)

That's a nice straw man you've got there, you gonna burn it?

I've had numerous people say these things to me.
Flesh & blood man.

Oh neat, you have some anecdotal evidence to back up your straw man?
Now I'm convinced.

>stance made by morons since the beginning of time
>nah gonna need more evidence
you shut the fuck up too

You're misrepresenting it though, you're claiming that people find the most unpopular thing to oppose the most popular one.
Sure there are people who avoid the current popular thing, but I've yet to see them seek out the most unpopular shit and engaging in it because of it being that unpopular.

I knew a kid who was a spoiled piece of shit with bad parents and he said the same shit like I wanted to be different. Maybe some are but there is definitely a larger majority that just see beyond conformity. And in the case of politics there are people simply creative and analytical enough in thinking to read between the lines and pursue the truth.

Congrats. You've found the one piece of hyperbole in my post and took it for a ride.
No, I don't think people purposefully seek out and shill the most unpopular shit they can find.
I do however think that there are people who inflate the value of their taste based on how obscure it is

>I do however think that there are people who inflate the value of their taste based on how obscure it is
Sure and then there are people who try to claim to be better than others by pointing out that trying to be unique is also a way of determining your own popularity by trying to be a leader.

Sounds like you at least think you know someone. Why dont you fuck off and leave the rest of the world alone.

So your entire point wasn't that you consider people who try not to follow the next popular thing beneath you and that this makes you the true individual who knows whats up?

Being 'unique' comes down to not aligning yourself with anything in particular and just liking what you like
This not me

>Being 'unique' comes down to not aligning yourself with anything in particular and just liking what you like
Sure, but isn't that what you are accusing people who avoid the popular thing of not doing?

Yes. I believe it's ingenuine and that they miss out on a lot of good shit just because they don't want to be grouped up with normies

and yes I suppose you can call that a strawman

It's not even about the normies though, the current popular stuff is just shit though.
Like I grew up with rap in the 90's and now rap is some twink looking drughead with an ice cream cone tattooed onto his face, mumbling about bullshit to repetitive and uninspired beats.
I'm ecstatic every time something actually good is popular, but that shit is so rare these days.

ok boomer

youtube.com/watch?v=LgJzOsBVCTQ

youtube.com/watch?v=zgLYhRVoL0g

youtube.com/watch?v=zI383uEwA6Q

youtube.com/watch?v=ybfgomoY8Xs

youtube.com/watch?v=dARAN1z2KqY

>implying actual people are this polar
>implying there aren't objective criticisms to recent media formats regardless of which generation is complaining
be less dumb in the future, thank you

maybe

>ok boomer hur dur
You just proved his point. Most of this is shit. Actual fucking shit that little tasteless bitches eat up. Grow an ear and some class you little fucking faggot.

>doesnt post any songs himself because he knows he's gonna get rekt

>t. triggered NPC

OP is already black

I haven't the time or inclination to share my love of music with you faggot but based trips of the beast mean I have to concede that your terrible music wins. Fuck you though

yeah, that's what I thought. Go fast, and don't come back

Suck a dick bitch, just because satan is with you don't get cocky.