Classic / retro video games you still play

What are you guys playing right now? I'm bouncing between FFV (SNES) and Metroid Prime 2 on the GCN.

>pic realted
>my GameCube games

Both are kicking my ass. I beat Metroid Prime 2 when it came out, but never could beat hard mode. I'm trying it again and holy shit it's wearing out my fingers.

Attached: GameCube games.jpg (998x1331, 385.35K)

I have the red Wii, it’s the last iteration that included the GameCube hardware. I’ve got a few GameCube games I bought just for that. I found resident evil 4 complete at a thrift store recently.

Replayed ff III (vi) not too long ago. Also symphony of the night. Ever try wild arms or albert odysee?

Super Castlevania IV I play it every Halloween.

I was replay pic related

Attached: alundra.jpg (800x689, 114.12K)

playing majoras mask

Attached: majorascum.jpg (1200x680, 48.23K)

Wii is retro now?

Still playing Adventure and Haunted House for the 2600

Played through Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, for SNES recently after not playing it since I was a kid and it was so fun. Super chill and easy to pick up and play with simple RPG elements in a Mario world.

>based ESL

Omg I remember this game. My brother had it back in the day. I wanted to like it, with Zelda LttP being one of my favorite games of all-time, but holy crap was it frustrating. I made it to some "dungeon" with this big iron ball puzzle and it was incredibly bullshit. I rmember watching my brother play it and make it farther and encouraging different iterations of that puzzle again and again. Ugh...
The game looked big, and grindy which I liked at the time, but the environments, while nice looking, where too similar and became monotonous.

Op here. I still have my cart, but I've never played it for more than a half hour. I just don't like the combat in the battles. I don't like the timed hits at all. It's been years though... Should I give it more time?

I'll be honest as a kid I never finished the game because that was my problem, it was to RPGish for what I wanted back then. Getting lost, not being strong enough for battles, unable to keep up with the combat system. But when I came back and recently played through it as a grown man I was hooked. It was so much easier to see how simple the game really was to play. The different playable characters, the detailed world, story and dialogue, all the different little powers and equipment you can find. I say go back to it and go in wanting to enjoy it because it really is a lot of fun.

Oldnigger here, I still get triggered when people call gamecube/ps2/xbox era games "retro"
Even n64/psx kinda do it for me too

solid advice

Nice final fantasy is based.
It's a remake of a retro but I'm going to start Yakuza Kiwami in a sec, completed Zero a few days ago (on Hard mode, final boss with no healing items had me screaming) so should be fun.
Good luck with metroid 2 OP

Your fortune: Good Luck

Attached: wojak-face-smiling-back-of-head-thumbnail.png (165x200, 12.29K)

every year or so during winter and play and finish this game. got it when it came out and still get a kick out of it.

Attached: Paper_Mario_The_Thousand-Year_Door_(artwork).jpg (250x354, 99.66K)

I agree, user. I'm 40, so I still consider NES and before retro deep down. I'm going by the modern term, which apparently includes the GameCube generation, according to Any Forums.

Not exactly retro but Im playing God of War 3.
Its like a teenagers fever dream but its kinda refreshingly non woke.

>els
how did you come to that conclusion? sorry dude but I only speak two languages, english and bad english.

Dont you guys really struggle going back to such old titles? I do. We are spoiled for features nowadays but not rarely spoiled for quality though.

hahaha

>i was replay

Come on, user.

It depends on the game. I hardly play any new games. Some older games like Super Mario World, F-Zero and Zelda LttP are incredibly easy and enjoyable to get back into.

Attached: 1637775367631.jpg (1280x1767, 484.02K)

>Forgot Pic Repost
This was the last one I played. I just wanted something simple and unlocked all paths before I put it down. It's an easy one but I just wanted to relax.
I'm taking a break from games to focus on other things now. Think I'll use my AV famicom to play some stuff when I'm ready. Got a converter so I play NES games on it, too.

Attached: Super_Mario_World_Coverart.png (256x188, 73.8K)

I have played wild arms a few times in life and I cannot remember the store ever. It's such a forgettable game.

It's like the breath of fire games. Fun to play but the stories are just to say their was one.

Opposite for me. So many games these days are a slog to get into, uninteresting obvious tutorials, over abundance of things to do, see, unlock, but it's the same things from game to game, so much wokeness for triple A title games. The entire gaming industry now feels like a greedy man in a suit who has absolutely no care if you dropped dead tomorrow. The games made by handfuls of people in old 70's, 80's and 90's offices are the games that will remain timeless. Give me a game where I can turn it on, press start and go.