This is not a bait thread, nor am I religious...

this is not a bait thread, nor am I religious. I've been seeing a lot of people talk about a recent game called cult of the lamb, and a lot of the religious folk who write it off as satanic have lamented about not having any good games about christianity, more specifically jesus christ. imo this is due to the fact the games that have been made with an explicitly christian ethos have all been evangelism first, game second. which raises two questions:
1. are they any hidden gems out there that are explicitly christian while also being genuinely good games?
2. which parts (or books) of the bible could potentially work as the foundation for a genuinely good game?

Attached: bible.png (1200x627, 704.74K)

are there any hidden gems*

There was a 4-player co-op FPS that just popped up on Steam lately that is exorcism-themed. I haven't played it.

If I had the skill and patience I would make a game where you reenact the Bible perfectly with perfect accuracy (or an attempt at it at least)
sorry, no I haven't heard or seen of any Biblical games fren.

>are they any hidden gems out there that are explicitly christian while also being genuinely good games?

Attached: Kino.png (744x414, 684.54K)

That game sucks and you deep throat 80 dicks a day for posting about it.

I haven't played it and I likely won't because it's been described to me as
>stardew valley but satan
and I'm not interested in either
I've played new vegas but none of the dlc, what's the story for this one?
the bible's pretty dense, not sure if this would be feasible by just one person lol
do you remember the name?

Literally DOOM.
Nah jokes aside though. DOOM is basically you acting Old Testament as fuck just brutalising demons and trying to rid the world of them. So it's weirdly always had a Christian/you're the good guy fighting the forces of Hell type vibe. Which is why it's weird to me to see that back in the day lots of Christian mom types went crazy at it for being Satanic and anti-Christian. Also though probably not what you were looking for but just a humourous mention.

>TL;DR - DOOM is actually a pretty Christian themed game specifically the Old Testament.

>Also mayyyyyybe Dante's Inferno?

>Also why did I put this much effort and time into this reply?

>Also plebbit spacing, fuck you!

Bump

it's not too weird imo, religious folks are big on iconography and symbolism, but not that big on nuance. if you had no interest in the story and just saw the cover art or promo art of big spooky scary demon, you just judge the book by it's cover and default to it being satanic
thanks for the bump lol

>the bible's pretty dense, not sure if this would be feasible by just one person lol
Idk why you're interested in the Bible when you mock those who would reach out to help you if they could. Why do you think I wouldn't ask for help if I needed it?
I mean I would be steering the project towards those ends.
Anyways, thanks for making me feel bad.

a bit silly to be offended by something that innocuous but okay lol

I looked it up for you: Phasmophobia. It's still in early-access. Like I said, dunno much about it.

There's also "The Binding of Isaac" which I also don't know much about except that it's been out for a while and is really popular.

It's a shame out of my whole reply that's all you took; a passing comment about how stupid it was for Christian Facebook mom types to be offended by the game because it was anti-Christian when ironically it isn't.

Tribal conflict. Has Christian themes. You do meet Joshua Graham though, who is argued to be one of the best written Christian characters in gaming.

Good luck anyway with finding the game you want. I gotta head out, so peace

Also I think this idea of a game based on literal re-enactments of The Bible may not be so bad. I don't think the whole thing from beginning to end would fit in just one game but certainly there are sections that could make for a compelling storyline. Would you go Old Testament or New? What type of game genre would it be; point-and-click adventure style or something with more action maybe like a open-world 3d 3rd person RPG?

I think an FPS survival horror game would be the genre.

Catechumen its like doom but christian

Attached: Isaac.jpg (1200x1600, 1002.47K)

> love God
> love your neighbor as yourself
> forgive others who have wronged you
>love your enemies
> ask God for forgiveness for your sins
> Jesus is the messiah and was given the authority to forgive others
> repentance for your sins is essential
> don't be hypocritical
> don't judge others
> the kingdom of God is near. It is not the rich and powerful - but the weak and poor - who will inherit this Kingdom

These are the teachings of Christ.
If you do not adhere to them you are NOT a Christian.
If you cherry-pick parts of the Bible to undermine these teachings you are NOT a Christian. Utilising the Jewish parts of the Bible for this purpose is unchristian

A Christian puts the teachings of Christ before all other sources of knowledge.
Hermeneutics are a sin.

Attached: 239566~2.jpg (1062x1063, 197.29K)

A civilization type game where you set up a cult in the middle east several thousand years a go would be based.