Ubuntu is great

>Never touched Ubuntu since you kept saying it was bad.
>Used all the advanced distros, spend a lot of time configuring and trying shit out
>Install because I want to simplify my digital life to focus on other things instead.
>It is unironically really great for desktop
I don't care about snap servers being proprietary. The desktop experience is great. Snaps aren't slow on my machine, they open as quickly as anything else. The software center is nice and easy. Automatic updates work well. Everything looks nice, and has a nice default configuration for a desktop user.
Also, biggest plus of all: it is really well supported and widely used, meaning software devs/companies cater to the needs of Ubuntu users.

Ubuntu is great, that is all.

Attached: pepe.png (1106x1012, 557.79K)

default ubuntu gnome with none of that rice shit is the working man's choice

You have reached Linux user tier 3. Enjoy.

The problem with Ubuntu is you can get a better experience with just about any other gnome based distro. If you don't care about gnome, Linux mint is superior in every single way with better defaults and better "just werks" software. If you care about gnome you have fedora workstation

working as a male hooker that is

Next step is Windows

Nah, actually did a (very) short pause from Linux and tried Windows.
Everything is too different, and not good for programming imo. Good if you are casual user and want to game and whatnot, but it is a pain in the ass for programming imo.
I went: Arch -> Debian -> Windows 10 -> Ubuntu, and I just think Ubuntu might be home

What is the tier 4, 5, etc.?

I would guess he is referring to the IQ meme, with Ubuntu on the left and right (tier 1 and 3), and Arch, Gentoo, LFS, Void etc. being in the middle (tier 2).
If that is what he meant, Ubuntu is best tier

I tried a kde neon install, iso mode on rufus, rosa and raspberry pi imager gave me bad results for the install usb on my laptop. Should I try rufus dd? Manjaro worked just fine and they enforce dd, though there's no secure boot.
How did you install Ubuntu and what's your Manjaro experience if you had it?

Hmm, rufus recommended me to use iso mode, worked fine. So I just did rufus .iso with GPT to a 4GB USB. Dunno if size matters, I know it can for some applications.
I used Manjaro early in my Linux explorations. Quickly switched to Arch after, because I wanted more control. It was fine, but I wasnt the biggest fan of Manjaro. Between Manjaro and Arch, I would 100% go Arch

Why does Any Forums hate snap?

- It doesn't follow the normal updates, and auto-updates in the background and keep pinging their server all the time.
- Slower to start, the calculator took over a second to open from instant the way it used to be.
- More fragmentation because Canonical wants to do their own thing instead of helping with Flatpak

Yeah

Fedora has all of those upsides you mentioned too whilst being far more up to date package-wise. There's simply no valid argument for using Ubuntu over it.

I don't understand how anyone can complete a task without a tiling wm.

>There's simply no valid argument for using Ubuntu over it
Ubuntu is more popular, therefore you can google any issue easier

Ubuntu is much easier to use and more beginner friendly when it comes to hardware support.
The rpm sucks

This is a double-edged argument. In this case, Ubuntu is more stable in terms of user experience, and requires much less updates %%which a siyeable portion of people hate%%. Also it's less bandwidth in return, if that's a concern.

you should step out of your mum basement and you will find out

I have tried Fedora, was not a fan. rpms arent as easy to find as debs. Also, their codecs and repos in general are fucked, Ubuntu feels better OOTB, and feels more pragmatic than Fedora, where you have to download a special version of chrome to have the right codecs and that sort of crap.
I also like that Ubuntu has an LTS, making it only every 2-5 years you need to upgrade.
Ubuntu's version of GNOME is also better imo, having the bar/dock is great

Horse shit. It's not 2010 any more. Ubuntu's community is no more helpful than that of a bunch of other distros. In fact, it's usually worse. Whether it's larger or not (dubious at this point), it's mostly comprised of retards who can't help you anyway. Not to mention that 90% of general Linux questions can be solved via the Arch wiki, whether you use the distro itself or not.

Ubuntu is a dying project. Canonical lost interest in the desktop years ago.

Absolute bullshit. Explain in detail how you think Ubuntu is more "beginner friendly" when it comes to "hardware support". Provide at LEAST five real world examples of how Ubuntu's supposed superior hardware support would help a new user.

You retards really are doing an even better job than I am of proving my point when your best effort is "uh... you d-don't have to use as much download bandwidth on updates". Fucking hell, man. I'd kill myself if I made such an embarrassing post.

>rpms arent as easy to find as debs
Yes they are.
>Also, their codecs and repos in general are fucked
No they're not.
>Ubuntu feels better OOTB
No it doesn't.
>"pragmatic"
Outdated.
>you have to download a special version of chrome to have the right codecs
No you don't.
>I also like that Ubuntu has an LTS, making it only every 2-5 years you need to upgrade
I hate that Ubuntu has shitty outdated packages.
>Ubuntu's version of GNOME is also better imo
It's worse IMO. Only trannies use GNOME either way.

It's so easy to dismiss vague bullshit claims with this one simple trick!

Fedora has non of the Ubuntu upsides
It's more bloated
It's not polished
Third party support is not as good
They regularly break shit because they imperative is to push RedHatWare down the users throat

Seethe more Red Hat shill #910593

>Absolute bullshit. Explain in detail how you think Ubuntu is more "beginner friendly" when it comes to "hardware support". Provide at LEAST five real world examples of how Ubuntu's supposed superior hardware support would help a new user.
Why do you need 5? And why do you sounds like i just burnt your family alive?
The obvious thing is that for proprietary drivers, in fedora you'd have to enable rpm fushion which scares the newbies away. While in ubuntu, it is either pre-installed or just 3 clicks away.
There is a reason why many research intensive environment switched to ubuntu after the fall of centos,
For a researcher, it is much easier and faster to setup an ubuntu-based machines than anything else.