AM5 pricing lmao

Are you ready to spread your buttcheeks /gee/ ? $500 for a mid range board.

>MSI X670E AM5 Motherboard Prices Confirmed, Almost Twice As Expensive As X570 AM4 Boards, Flagship MEG GODLIKE For $1299 US
>Almost Twice As Expensive As X570 AM4 Boards
wccftech.com/msi-x670e-am5-motherboard-prices-confirmed-almost-twice-as-expensive-as-x570-am4-boards/

Attached: MSI-X670-PRICING-1.jpg (1473x746, 125.13K)

AMD sudoku from egregious motherboard prices would be pretty funny.

AYYMDEAD

"Mid-range" would be B650E, or even plain B650. There's basically no reason to get X670, let alone X670E.

amd inteljewing themselves to bankruptcy they truly learned nothing

>4.5-inch full-color IPS
what the fuck

Not gonna go AM5 for another couple generations. Seeing what they're doing with their Threadripper line made me realize I really don't want to pay full MSRP for their products, even though I have no interest in buying a Threadripper. I'll wait until the platform is mature and heavily discounted. Maybe I'll even buy secondhand to cuck them out of a retail purchase.

Don't care still using fx-8350
Enjoy your hardware-level spyware in addition to (((Pluton)))

This is what is going to kill their value proposition against Alder/Raptor Lake. I really don't think their pricing will be competitive enough even if Intel will draw extra watts with how bad Intel 10nm/Intel 7 is without EUV even if IPC and clocks are slightly worse. The worse part is the fact that even with PCIe 5, the amount of slots you get are pathetic with 3 slots and vendors rather add endless amounts of M.2 slots because of being cheapskates.

Buy Biostar.

Attached: X670E_TOP-LIGHT-2s.png (1080x1620, 2.65M)

Early adopter tax.

>as a dev I make 100k per year easy
>waaah 200$ motherboard

I get it now, this board is just poor basement dwellers larping as sucessfull devs

they had basically given up the low end diy segment, only with pcie3 zen2 apu with dead igpu to fill in the hole

You weren't going to buy these boards anyway - stick to your B650.

>No budget options
>"Mid" range option is 6c + ddr5 only + new expensive platform and BTFO'd by intel
>anything below 5950X will end up being worse value than raptor lake too
DOA, anyone buying Zen4 is braindead and AMD better deliver with Zen5

They are basically recycling defective laptop chips and it's not even the recent ones with Zen 3(+). I get that TSMC isn't that cheap using N7/6 but it's complete highway robbery at this point for the low end not having anything below the Ryzen 5500 with Zen 3 2 years after the microarchitecture launched.

the 5500 is €109, do you really need anything lower end?

2x4+4 pin cpu power connectors
x86 on a suicide watch, 672W of power required

Attached: file.png (702x124, 29.61K)

The pricing is extremely stupid. 99.5% of people are going to look at B650E and lower. Retards are making an expensive chipset that won't sell.

And constantly out of stock. You do need a sub $100/€100 parts to fill the low end like a 3200G or Athlon 300GE. The real problem is that for AMD, TSMC is too good and their 8 core chiplets yields aren't going to produce enough defective dies that will fill a quad core SKU, you would need to basically move to laptop chips before you even get to that point and why wouldn't you sell laptop chips instead because of the margins instead of desktop low end parts?
I think IMO AMD is going to have to think long and hard about moving 6 cores down to the low end segment somehow to get to that point where they have competitive low end again but I honestly don't see it as long as AMD keeps their competitive edge and keeps using TSMC which is expensive. If they fabbed some inferior Samsung 4/3nm parts, I could see that but unless Samsung gets GAAFET working on 3nm, AMD won't go back to them any time soon.

>They are basically recycling defective laptop chips
Thats what the desktop APUs have always been, they're dies that didn't pass testing for mobile SKUs with strict power/clock binning. Why do you retards always act surprised and angry about basic facts of life?

Only a retard would buy the intiial lineup anyway instead of waiting six months for the X3D chips. Motherboard prices will have come down by then.

>mfw still using 2nd gen Ryzen on dirt cheap x370 board
When this CPU doesn't cut it I can just slam in a 5950 or 5800X3D, my buttcheeks remain unmolested.

Attached: 633.jpg (720x540, 36.08K)

>being an early adoptard
shiggy diggy

>I know more about sales figures than the company selling the product
You don't