Reading in college

I have to read chapters out of my textbooks and I'm really slow. Even in a distraction free environment it takes me hours to get through a chapter. Is it supposed to be like this? And theres multiple books and multiple chapters on top of all the course work and everything else I have to do. Could I get some strategies?
Should I just skip the main reading and look at the review sections?

Attached: eb7.png (638x359, 246.79K)

Either use reading software that randomness boldens words to help focus for people with ADHD, with the combination of brown noise. Or use an application that reads it up for you while you read it. If you want full comprehension, then you’ll need to make notes and follow the Feynman technique. It’s a lot of work

How do you read? Do you take notes while doing it? For example, I read a paragraph at a time, then making sure I understand, write a brief note of any new points. Not information I already know, just new points.
Some people first quickly skim read over the chapter, understand its structure and pay attention to subsections in the chapter, then go back and make notes. Works for some people. Also, learn about the Pomodoro technique to make sure you don't fry your brain

I also like the pomodoro user. Definitely worth looking into for OP

They're physical books. I used an ereader when I had a digital book for a class but that's not an option now

Have you tried getting an pdf version of said books? It shouldn’t be too hard if you know where to look.

Are you telling me I paid 50 bucks for a book i could've gotten a pdf of for free?

…user I am not telling you anything, however you might have been able to find possible alternatives.

Attached: 21E73B67-D709-473D-920D-AA21F3033A8B.jpg (499x499, 28.96K)

Fuck me

>It shouldn’t be too hard if you know where to look.
Where do you look?

hey so you know I would give this board a B- because it isn’t that good OK

i find forums from something something.org or .ru to be much overall, don’t you think? but that just my opinion.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say lol

Attached: 0B0EEE0E-FCFC-4AB7-B75E-999ABED410E3.jpg (522x400, 36.01K)

Okay I understand now. Thanks

Start by putting your phone away. Get off of Any Forums and study. Read everything, then read it again.

I am glad that I couldn’t help

Attached: F460BEBE-A432-4EFE-8AA4-D5AC6B173F5C.jpg (419x424, 34.72K)

I'm a senior in college. People will try and tell you about the 'easy way' of passing classes, but in my experience when you cut a corner you only create two more. I've just grinded it out. It may not be efficient but when you are passionate no price is too high.

>when you are passionate no price is too high.
I'm not

Then quit. If you're talking about college, it costs far too much money to be doing it just because you kinda enjoy some parts of it. It doesn't matter if you don't know what else you'd do. Find something else.

I enjoy my major and will enjoy my degree. I just cant be bothered reading so much of the other classes when I can reduce time through better strategy. If I quit everything I wasnt passionate about I would killed myself.

Damn. Why do stupid people get all the motivation and ambition.

It's not like that