Be me

>Be me
>Dad has cancer
>reached the point where he needs sometimes help with drinking water
>Currently backing up his files because he asked me to.
>skimming through dozens of videos and pictures of over 30 years
>Even when I was a shitty brat in some of them, he kept them through it all.
>almost finished packing up his place before he moves into hospice
>Can't play with him Mario Kart any longer
>No more joking over shitty movies
>Responsibilities piling up
>Thinking about after his death scares me
>depressed Sibling
>Bunch of his stuff in boxes are now decorating our rooms

What to do, user?
Everytime I see him, it always hit me how much time he has left.

I can't take it. He loved me and our family to no end and my autistic retarded mind made him feel like he's lacking till I was 17.

Attached: 1649450835657.jpg (900x900, 87.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3dL2ztzn0zU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Survive.

Attached: SXUFMA.gif (320x134, 1.12M)

I try. Thinking about my siblings and my mom is the main reason I haven't considered Suicide yet.

Enjoy the time you have left. Tell him everything you have on your mind or else you'll regret not doing it once he's dead. Look past the illness and its grim impact on his physical body, because you'll be stuck with this image for the rest of your life. Read the Enchiridion of Epictetus.

It'll be ok. Think of the good times and thank him for them. Make the most of the time left and help him be as comfortable as possible, try to visit him every day. Appreciate his devotion in the now and the future, it's okay if you didn't understand while you were younger. Learning the value of things is part of growing up.

Your fortune: You will meet a dark handsome stranger

Maybe just one BJ from his baby boy could turn things around.

When Earthlings hit this frequency, they are shown "The Secret" on Netflix.

God bless user. I'd say it'll be ok, and it will, but not for some time. Remember to tell him you love him. Tell him everything you've ever wanted to tell him but were too afraid to...because you won't get another chance like it again.

Thank you. I visit him almost every day, but it's difficult to make it comfortable for him if his pride to do stuff himself makes it harder on him. He is getting frustrated with that and forgets short-term stuff. Took me an hour to convince him to get some rest rn.

We doing stuff like watching movies or talking, but he gets tired too quickly.

Sounds like a good show. Might watch that with him.

stay strong user. show to your father that you will be alright and just spend as much time with him as you can

Your dad sounds like a weak little pussy. I just wish I could split in his face before he died. Fuck you and your bullshit dad OP

Attached: 47bcbb1669c4183e0118d46185f85297.jpg (300x169, 12.34K)

If your Dad wants to be healed, he will be. He is here on Earth as long as he wants to be. It is still possible to turn this around! Play his favorite songs, get him smiling and dancing around a bit. Give him something new to look forward to. Learn Reiki

Then he'll have a more dignified death than most people on the planet. We're all born to struggle user, only you can decide how you make it through one day to get to the next one. Losing a cherished parent is an ordeal no matter how it happens, but it does make you stronger in the long run.

Attached: file.png (700x394, 278.29K)

Watch this friend

Attached: E95359D1-3914-49A7-89E8-93C33C8C8EFC.jpg (560x548, 20.24K)

Sorry, forgot link
youtu.be/3dL2ztzn0zU

Attached: tropic-thunder-watch.gif (220x180, 467.7K)

A man can't be a man until his dad dies, this is very old wisdom.
It's sad if you like your dad, but what defines a man is how he handles unwanted responsibility.

The best advice anyone can give you, is be the rock everyone else needs, and cry on your own time. It's the best way to cope. Focus on tasks, and other people. when you are alone at night watching an old movie you liked together, that's your time to bawl your eyes out.

I've seen a fair amount of death, and don't fall into the trap that I see the vast majority fall into, this isn't about you. You're feelings don't matter right now, your dad is dying. It's his time, his comfort, his wants and needs that surpass everything. This is about him. Your mom is losing her husband, uncles and aunts losing their brother, grandparents losing their child. Just remember, it's not about you. It's about you at 4 am and your crying like a bitch in your room.

I’m so happy that nazis gassed your worthless grandparents

Attached: E4EE8239-DF41-4057-A36A-69A8EE0B60B3.jpg (808x1024, 98.96K)

This sounds gay but tell him how you feel. Trust me, if you don't you'll regret it very much after he's gone. He doesn't care that you were a little shit. He's proud of the man you've become. He'll tell you this if you open up the conversation.

Pic unrelated.

Attached: 1626076349619.jpg (740x1115, 62.74K)

You're gonna be okay.

Attached: tumblr_inline_micn2iQpSr1qz4rgp540.gif (500x213, 917.61K)

I'm so happy I'll be outliving OP's worthless dad

Attached: 163286_01big.jpg (682x1024, 154.78K)

When my dad was in pain like that every inch of me wanted to gather us round for a final meal and a laugh at his bedside (he was in a hospital bed at home), for everyone to give him a hug and say goodbye then when he was asleep give him a massive hit of the medicinal grade diamorphine (heroin) that he was being given intravenously. 10 years later I still feel like a coward for watching him die in pain and a bit frightened, but if I'd done so I would have gone to prison.

You have to decide user, if your father is suffering help him on to the world. We're told we can't play God but we do so every day in so many fields it's untrue, with modern medicine nobody should die in pain

Never give up.

Attached: download (43).jpg (300x450, 23.57K)