What exactly was Mike Teavee's lesson supposed to be?

What exactly was Mike Teavee's lesson supposed to be?

Attached: ddosfs8-afb401db-7851-4284-91c1-9e1ec1532247.gif (480x270, 1.59M)

Original movie? Don't watch too much TV.

Also, don't be a smart ass and listen to people who know better. That's more heavily emphasized in the remake.

that his mother doesn't like when he shrinks himself

If you watch too much TV, you become lesser and lesser of a person. You become smaller and smaller.

Essentially: Read a book, retard.

>"Look at me everybody I'm the first person in the world to be sent by television!"
>"Wow, what a wild trip that was."
>"This is the greatest thing that's ever happened to me!"
>"Wow, that was something, can I do it again?"
>"Don't worry about a thing mom, I feel fine!"
>"I'm famous, I'm a TV star! Wait till the kids back home hear about this!"
He was clearly enjoying what happened to him in the original, he had no regrets about what he did, so how is that supposed to teach him a lesson?

Attached: dbqu5hn-58ef632e-87ad-4332-8157-d2d2a0b2792b.jpg (997x1107, 93.71K)

maybe he had autism and that's why they wanted to teach him not to be so dang headstrong!

I think he was just childish user, as children tend to be. I remember watching Willy Wonka when I was a kid the same age as Mike Teavee, and when I saw him go into the TV the only thing I really thought was "Wow that looks really fun and cool, I wanna try that!"

Attached: UnkemptSillyHapuka-max-1mb.gif (240x184, 643.25K)

That's a nice metaphor, but see , I don't think children would really get that.

mike identifies the image of reality with reality itself, thus he is unable to experience a sense of danger in actual reality. he is a warning about the profound alienation created by image-based civilization

Was Mike ever really in danger though?

Well, you know what they say, better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

I guess, but she was worried to death probably, I know if I was his kosher I would horrified.

*mother

wonka didn't necessarily know that the process wouldn't kill a living creature, and neither did mike. and if i recall correctly from the book he never actually goes back to normal, he's stretched out to basketball player proportions with a taffy machine to "fix" him

>I know if I was his mother I would horrified.
Well, as Mike himself said, "Don't worry about a thing mom, I feel fine!".

True, personally I prefer the original movie for this reason, the childrens fates are left more ambiguous.

i deliberately repressed all memory of the tim burton version even existing, thanks for reminding me user

I liked the songs but wasn't a big fan of what they did to mike

He won't enjoy being small forever. His lesson comes later in life.

Honestly I'm not so sure, when I was a kid and I imagined myself being shrunk like Mike I didn't really foresee many downsides. I'd pretty much instantly go from a wallflower to being one of the most popular kids in my class, there'd be all sorts of cool and fun games I could play with other kids at that size, and when I do start to grow up, I could become wealthy and famous by acting in roles using my tiny size. It kinda seemed like a fun adventure tbh.

Attached: IllegalLiveGopher-max-1mb.gif (240x184, 190.33K)

>I liked the songs
in the Tim Burton one?? He let Danny Elfman off his leash

He won't be able to fuck girls his own size. Hopefully he develops a giantess fetish

He probably would, I mean literally all the girls around him would have tits the size of houses and vaginas he could go spelunking inside of, the chance that he goes through puberty not being affected by that is very slim.

Yup, I thought they were neat.

Attached: dadf.jpg (1280x720, 95.21K)