Is taking antidepressents worth it anons...

is taking antidepressents worth it anons? Im being told It would be a good idea by the few people who care to be a part of my life and I didnt even have to bring such a thing up, just genuine advice im given for some reasons

Attached: 37852876_263811607779420_3161173389591183360_n.jpg (1080x1346, 1.55M)

Antidepressants rarely work for people who's lives are fucked, once they go off them if goes right back to the usual

If you're life is fine then they can work because the reward centres of your brain are fucked and that why youre deppressed

>Once they go off them

Well yeah. They aren't curing the issue, just stopping the effects. So you'd need to remain on them.

Op what do you have to lose by trying them?

Sometimes

It was awesome at first. Quick answer, no. Well it depends.

if you're borderline suicidal is probably better than killing yourself, at least you have a chance to get better.

if you can't get out of bed and the existential dread of it is too much then you're probably better off taking them than being a metaphorical boulder.

do your research though, what are you taking? are there any side effects? how easy is it to get off them?

Lift weights and exercise instead of putting experimental chemicals into your body. A number of them (Quetiapine for example) now have class action lawsuits for causing permanent brain damage.

If you value your brain or life at all, hit the weights and burn out all your anger there. Trust me, it works. This oppressive world we live in isn't a reason to get chemicals to fool yourself into tolerating it when you can feel naturally high with a chiseled physique.

Ill give a second try. I quit drinking 2 years ago. Start with some antidepressant since im a adreanlin fiend. Went all good, but on my way back to quit antidepressent I went on a drinking spree. I feel that Im fucked

It's worth a try user, but you should know that "antidepressants" is actually a category with two totally different kind of drugs with chemically distinct effects, SSRIs and Wellbutrin/Bupropion.
Each is pretty effective for about 40% of depressed people and useless for another 40%. (note these probabilities are independent, if SSRIs don't work for you it won't necessarily mean Wellby does, but that is often the case)
Wellbutrin has more favorable side effects, but doctors usually try SSRIs first.
Once you find a good one, you have to keep taking it, yes, and going off of it sudden can have significant risks.

>Quetiapine
That's an anti-psychotic, not an antidepressant. (It's sometimes used to treat mood disorders like bipolar, is that why you're confused?)
Totally different drug class known to have much worse side effects.

As long as you accept that you’ll need to take them for the rest of your life once you start.

this.

i currently take weed, nicotine, brexpiprazole and luvox. the drugs work well, weed is the best

Hey bro.
I think I can share something of value.
Im 32. In March I had about 3 weeks of horrible insomnia. Got night sweats and couldnt stay asleep for more than 1.5 hours a night, barely. Had pretty bad anxiety attacks. Would wake up wet with sweat and either hot or ice cold with a racing heart.
So long story short the doc put me on Amitriptyline and blood pressure+heart meds.
Cant say I really feel different, but the daily headaches are pretty much gone from before.
I get wierd days and good days.
Problem is I am neet and stuck in a small town living with one incredibly toxic parent and another who will literally do anything for folks.
Until I get a way to fix my situation I probably wont feel much better. The amitriptyline helped me sleep though. Think it took a bit of the edge off.

I'm getting off of them because they make taking drugs not as fun.

Prozac (or whatever no-name) helped me a lot in uni. I could stay awake in class and I was no longer blinking back tears all the time. My GPA went up a whole grade point.
But also my orgasms got a lot worse, I had terrible night sweats (dripping), my blood sugar dropped quicker (I almost fainted a few times), and I had terrible acid reflux, but I would do it again. And I'm off them now because not everyone needs to be on anti-depressants forever.

It was a personal challenge to get rock hard in spite of the meds for me. Although i get times where my cock feels like it wants to burst when I cum.

Yeah, and sometime the prerequisites avoidance of this med is the fuckin abstinance for your problem.

and now you're stuck on a fucking TCA...good luck

Thanks bro. Im also really uncomfortable about it. Scared I will get dependant on it (even though the docs say I wont).
But those 3 weeks without sleep made me feel like I was dying.

The intellectual dishonesty involved with psychiatry is such that they can and will toss any med at you they have personally invested stock in, and will claim that it treats your particular problems too.

Psychiatry has yet to cure 1 single person in its entire existence as a pseudoscience. "Trust the poisoner, trust the science".

I'm well aware what Seroquel is, a friend of mine slept 2 years of his life away on it. Sleeping life away is the only thing its good for.

You will never find a cure in psychiatry. It's human experimentation if we're including any shred of honesty here today.