Is this shit worth playing? I just got a new computer and i need some new games to play...

is this shit worth playing? I just got a new computer and i need some new games to play. I grew up playing shit like the Sims, RTC, Habbo, etc and just want something mindless to pass time during the day when i aint got shit to do. Any thoughts?

Attached: cities.jpg (2560x1440, 995.72K)

it's alright, get natural disasters dlc though to make it more fun

explain user? whats good about it? whats bad?

It's better than all of the ones you have mentioned, but be prepared to spend $$$ on DLCs.

Buy it with bundled DLC when it's on sale. Or pick it up with DLC when it's on Humble Bundle. It's well worth the price if you do it that way.

Also, be ready to load up a ton of mods. They allow for way more customization and functionality. Just watch some YouTube channels like Biffa for essential mod lists.

But overall, yeah. If you're into city sims this is the best one ever made, by a very wide margin.

see that actually stresses me the fuck out. ive tried to get into some other games where you need a pile of mods to make them enjoyable (like flight simulator) and it just stresses me out. i want something i can pretty much play right out the box without having to spend days learning how to install mods and shit. i spent years playing sims and modding tf out of it and i regret wasting so much time as i did on it.

Get kingdom come deliverance. It's on the fucking cryengine so you need a monster to play it at full force.
The game is fucking awesome. Gameplay is challenging, you get to kill slavs and mongols, and the twitter rage about not having any niggers was hilarious. They told the founder of the company they were gonna report him to his manager.

It's a great game really. Not all the DLC is worth it, wait for sales. You can enjoy it just fine with the base game. Unlike other poster, I specifically recommend against the natural disasters and always-winter-but-never-christmas mode DLCs. Fighting the fucking traffic and water pollution will be enough of a calamity without purposefully adding extra stress.

im not really into fighting games user

>need a pile of mods to make them enjoyable
It's entirely playable and very enjoyable with no mods. It's more about knowing mod options, if you're picky about things. I like very fine control of road placement and intersection lane options, traffic control, etc. So I mod it. It's really simple to mod, can be done completely within the game itself.

The other awesome thing is the devs will work with molders to integrate mods into future updates, almost always for free. The molders then don't need to update their mods for expansions, get more efficient results, and everyone benefits. I really don't know of a better modder/dev relationship. But yeah, play vanilla for awhile. Maybe even years. Then ease into some mods if you see some that sound good.

Another really good city builder that I can sink an entire day into is frostpunk. You definitely need to check it out OP

Then gets stellaris. It's a genocide simulator thinly veiled as an RTS game. Only problem is that you can only genocide alien races.

They're not mods. They're DLC. and they basically just add to the game. Theres one that adds seasons or some shit. The base game is playable and enjoyable, its just sort of barebones. Not sure if you mean community mods or DLC. mods usually take work to get to work, DLC doesnt.

Forgot to mention tropico. It's like cities skylines but with a segregation option.

this bitch should be playing trailer trash coalburner simulator.

Gonna buy it at Christmas when I have time and it's prolly on sail

that one looks decent too. Idk, cities looks dope, i just dont wanna buy some shit im gonna have to spend hours managing mods for.

why simulate something ive done irl? thats like tiger woods playing PGA Tour.

i need something to play now. im so fucking bored.

Frostpunk is good, but limited. Few maps, not a lot of variation. It's a great premise and execution, but not very replayable. Once you figure out the balance, it's sort of formulaic, you can beat any map on the most difficult setting with few issues.

But it does give you some real fucking dread as you're figuring it out. Temperature drops, people starve, half your population dies, and you're fucked with no way to recover.

8/10 game, especially if you buy it on sale or get it for free on Epic.

I have it, like it a lot. It's prettier that all the other city builders I've seen. Much more modern. It's quite a bit more complex than most as well especially road construction (you have far more options to build overpasses and the such and control their curves).

Same dev as Cities:Skylines. But it's a very different type of game. More political and economic, less city customization.. Great concept and massive replay value. Also, great soundtrack,, that shit gets stuck in your head all day. I got all of them through 6 as a bundle for $15 or so.

>hours managing mods
They aren't necessary. And if you find a mod you want, it's literally as easy as checking a box in game. I have maybe 70 functional mods loaded now, and I've never had any mod conflicts, load issues, or crashes. The only downside is your saves: if you use some mods and save, then try to load with no mods, it can have issues. But it's rare, and the mods always tell you if it can happen. Seriously though, it's a 9/10 game with no mods, and with mods is 5/7, literally perfect.

I've had this game for a couple years. It's fucking annoying people were always getting sick. So I did a infinite money mod and built a healthcare facilities on every block. Still people were dying. I tried different maps. Made sure the water discharge was downriver but nothing mattered. Just fucking sick people.