Books for self learning math for cs

what are the best textbooks for teaching yourself math for computer science/engineering? i'm looking for textbooks from the algebra level up towards calculus, discrete mathematics, and other higher levels of math that are taught in a standard cs program

Attached: math.jpg (1400x933, 217.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jsoftware.com/books/pdf/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just pick whatever is the most popular one and go with that
I know gilbert strang's is the most popular one for linear algebra, dunno for calculus
but in my opinion I'd rather have a shitty paper book than the best pdf
it's too easy to get distracted on a computer

>calculus by spivak
>book of proof by hammack (opt how to prove it by velleman)
>linear algebra done right by axler
>handbook of categorical algebra (all 3 vols) by borceux

At that level, pick any book that goes over what you need. Don't fall for any meme books or meme charts; It doesn't matter which book you use. More often than not you'll have to learn a certain concept from multiple sources to understand e.g. videos on the topic, reference books, and your instructor/peers. Your main concern is with doing problem sets.

The key is actually doing problems.

James Stewart taught me everything about math up to calculus
he's gay btw, not sure it that matters

Attached: 41W3S3Q5JeL._SX422_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (424x500, 18.11K)

>what are the best textbooks for teaching yourself math for computer science/engineering?
Why don't you just go to fucking college if you're gonna learn all that shit anyway? You're gonna end up wasting your time self-learning college level math if you don't have a degree

>(((college)))
that will be $15,000 per year + tax + tip, sweatie

Compared to the massive amount of time wasted and $0 per hour you'll make self-learning calculus and other college level math?

Take the JPL pill user
jsoftware.com/books/pdf/

Leaning math is not "wasted time" but sitting in class fake learning math is.

Calculus and math in general is alot easier when one is self learning. Trying to learn calculus in college is much harder and takes way longer.

Just go to a community college and only take math courses. They're pretty inexpensive.

Don't learn from the class, use the resources provided to you by taking the course. Take advantage of office hours, join a study group, and ask you senpai for advice.

No it's not, you just don't feel pressured by the time restraints and work load that comes with being in a class.

>go to a community college
at least 1 hour gone in just commute+prep
>use the resources provided to you by takin the course
You can only learn that which you think of yourself, being lectured to is just as useless as a book. Sure they can point out mistakes, but if you put in any real amount of effort you would make mistakes that the average cc teacher could point out
>work load
LOL, few if any math classes make students do real work.

>at least 1 hour gone in just commute+prep
No, that's 1 hour of exercise walking/biking there.

>You can only learn that which you think of yourself, being lectured to is just as useless as a book
I wasn't referring to lectures when I mentioned using the resources at your disposal.

>LOL, few if any math classes make students do real work.
What kind of math classes do you take? You can always expect to have a problem set assigned for each section covered, and a quiz at the end of the week. Regardless, lack of any assigned work means more time to study the subject in your own way.

>No, that's 1 hour of exercise walking/biking there
Walking or biking for 1 hour before class will use up all the energy and that will negatively affect the learning process. Walking for 1 hour is less intense however it is a waste of time, biking for 1 hour is very intense and will result in fatigue.

>expect to have a problem set assigned for each section covered, and a quiz at the end of the week.
I have attended college and done all this, I definitely did not enjoy it (in an intelectual sense), learning on my own is better and more productive.

>biking for 1 hour is very intense and will result in fatigue.
Not riding your bike while shouting "勉強" like a madman.
Ngmi

Attached: 932da96ad2788262ef1e5251c002443c.gif (500x387, 1.83M)

You've clearly never taken anything higher than high school algebra

Burn Math Class
Mathematician's Lament + Measurement
How to think like a mathematician
3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development
Computational Geometry Algorithms and Applications

TAOCP has a whole section on mathematics.

This thread is just cope if a mathlet who now realized that his previous actions were a mistake but instead of blaming himself he blames everyone around him. His growth is shunted, he is adamant that problem is everyone else but himself. Many such cases.