WHY IS EVERYONE IN THIS HOBBY SO FUCKING FAT!?

My LGS is literally sandwiched between two gyms. What is the correlation between an interest in sci-fi/fantasy and being over 300lbs?
>Inb4 muh escapism
TTRPGs are at the height of their popularity right now. Where are all the normal, non-obese people that just wanna get away from their office job and pretend to be a dwarf?
>Inb4 OP is probably also fat
I'm a personal trainer. Literally the only thing 99% of people need is consistency. If your fat ass can manage to run/show up to a game each week for 3 hours, then you and devote the same amount of time to walking on a fucking treadmill.

Attached: 1581708793431.jpg (529x345, 30.45K)

'cause I don't fucking care
I just want to do shit I enjoy

>If your fat ass can manage to run/show up to a game each week for 3 hours
that's a pretty big if

Post physique or stfu faggot

High-fructose corn syrup is a scourge on the soul of America. If we burnt Monsanto's fields and defenestrated its shareholders, our health would improve fourfold.

My LGS is sandwiched between a gym and a "math emporium" yet it's entirely full of fat people incapable of doing math

Attached: WIN_20200215_00_14_01_Pro.jpg (1280x720, 53.85K)

>40% of the population is obese
>another 30% are overweight
>why are there overweight people playing games???
Are you retarded OP?

>3 hours
>treadmill
Bro my knees hurt and im poor as fuck, i cant get out of twinkmode

Obesity is normal now

>treadmill
Yeah I'm pretty sure that thing isn't going to help you help you escape being a twink

>What is the correlation between an interest in sci-fi/fantasy and being over 300lbs?
Food tastes good and makes you feel good. Exercise is a hideous ordeal that makes you feel bad afterward.
Gamers tend toward the analytical mindset, and are therefore more likely to come to the conclusion that exercise is a waste of time.
Think for a moment: how much longer would you have to live to make up for the fact you spent a huge proportion of your extended life working out, preparing to work out, or convincing yourself to go on with life after working out?

3 hours split up over a week dipshit. Half an hour six days a week isn't gonna kill you.

it's not gonna make you slim down either

>Think for a moment: how much longer would you have to live to make up for the fact you spent a huge proportion of your extended life working out, preparing to work out, or convincing yourself to go on with life after working out?
This

Attached: battery.png (687x112, 30.63K)

If you're American a majority of your people are fat

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Because the majority of people who play TTRPGs, in my experience, are depressed NEETs who don't take care of themselves and have nothing but time on their hands.

>TTRPGs are at the height of their popularity right now. Where are all the normal, non-obese people that just wanna get away from their office job and pretend to be a dwarf?
Again, in my experience, those people are getting the books online and either trying to play with friends or trying to play online games. Those people also have a hell of a time scheduling hours for a game across a group of 4 or 5 on account of being functional adults with responsibilities.

>burn like 100 more calories a day
Bro that isnt going to get me any bitches and you know it

I am fat.

If you actually want to lose weight, literally all you have to do is count calories and eat less. You don't have to go on a special diet, you don't need to exercise (much, go take a walk, fatty), you just need to eat slightly below maintenance so your body starts burning other things. Smaller portions, skip that third candy bar, replace one of those sodas with a low/no calorie electrolyte drink. Drink more water.

This. Also processed sugar.
I went from being chubby to being underweight just by cutting out corn syrup, processed sugar, gluten, and alcohol. My lunches are always quick and easy shit, so I have to eat big breakfasts and dinners now to maintain weight. Dinners like 3/4lb of grilled hamburger with tons of vegetables and a 1.5lb baked potato or 2 dinner plates of curry.

>not just power gaming the weight loss through fasting

>Think for a moment: how much longer would you have to live to make up for the fact you spent a huge proportion of your extended life working out, preparing to work out, or convincing yourself to go on with life after working out?
Ignoring that its fun there's two ways to look at it. If im awake 16 hours a day and work out for half an hour a day then i have to live 1/16th longer. If the fatty life expectancy is 70 years i only need to hit 75 to make up the time, and its pretty likely that ill hit 80 since exercise lowers all the leading causes of mortality these days.

The other way to look at it is it has to make my life 6.25% more enjoyable over the course of it, which is well demonstrated to be true considering the current clinical guidelines for musculoskeletal disorders and the prevalence of things like osteoarthritis (30% above 70yrs), lower back pain (prevalence of 30%) and headaches, all of which are reduced by exercise. And thats before you get into shit like going blind or your feet falling off from diabetes

>count calories and eat less
Definitely eat less, but if you're a mathlet and cannot into counting, you can even do intermittent fasting. If you stick hard enough to a 20:4 ratio and drink lots of water, you should see some improvement and a monkey could learn to do it.

>If im awake 16 hours a day and work out for half an hour a day then i have to live 1/16th longer
Incorrect.
I used to go to the gym, and I would spend the day-of apprehensive and tense, be miserable for 60-90 minutes while there, and then be sore ad fuck the next day. Two trips a week meant I basically got to enjoy 3/7ths of my week.
I spent 18 months patiently waiting for the process to yield any kind of positive feeling, and it never did. So in essence, unless you can promise I'll live to a ripe old age of 145 you're talking out of your arse.

I used to be in that club and now I'm 150 pounds lighter. is decent advice, but I think getting to the point where you can jog a mile without stopping is pretty important.

I hate myself that this is the only fucking thing that works for me. Every time I do restricted calorie diets I spend weeks feeling like I am depriving myself and I don't even lose the weight, so I get discouraged. Fasting is hard for the first couple of days, and then after that I can just sort of coast along with it for 7-10 days before I feel like I need to start eating again.

Cardio is literally a twink workout

how the fuck do people even get fat? I never understood the obesity shit
like I feel like its mental illness, how are people able to eat when they're full? I'll eat a basic meal and not be hungry again for like 5 hours, if I tried to eat more than my stomach can hold I'll feel ill. Do these fat fags just have weird brains that allow them to chug down calories nonstop?

Attached: 1526394487680.png (412x393, 53.22K)

What about squats, lunges and kegels?

for a lot of people, you either get fat when you're a kid and understandably reliant on your parents to feed you, and they feed you garbage
it's a lot easier to get into the hole than it is to climb out

There are highly calorie dense processed foods with little nutrition that barely fill you or have so much sugar they make you hungrier. These foods are everywhere in the US. Same for drinks. These foods are engineered to be as addictive as possible by balancing the salt and sugar to keep you buying and eating more.

I'm underweight but I empathize that people are constantly being offered poison.

Some issues include:
>Calorie rich diet, eating very rich foods which give you too many calories before you're filled up
>Encouragement by parents to eat more than necessary, or childhood conditions encouraging binge eating (uncertainty about when you'll next be fed, etc)
>Eating too fast, so you get overfull before signals from stomach catch up
>Genetics, poor response to the "I'm full" chemicals in the brain
>Chasing emotional/physical sensation despite negative feedback (eating one's feelings, eating as self harm)
>Sudden metabolic changes (going from very active to inactive due to injury, changes due to puberty, etc) and habits being too slow to change in response

It's literally the natural instinctive behavior of many mammals, primates included - eat as much as you can when you can (because you don't know when you will be eating next).
The problem is that when you combine it with conveniences of modern civilisation that makes the next meal available pretty much immediatelly it sort of backfires into obesity.

I am hungry at all times. Even immediately after eating a meal.
Sometimes eating makes me hungrier.
I'm a little overweight, it's a miracle I'm not a fucking blob. My body is zero help at all with determining how much food I need.

I’m underweight

>Exercise is a hideous ordeal that makes you feel bad afterward.
No, it feels bad at the time but you feel great afterward. It literally rewires your brain to make you happier. If I didn't do 100 pushups a day I'd be comatose with depression

>No, it feels bad at the time
No it doesn't

ribs or gtfo

Speaking as someone who has tried various exercise/sporting clubs over the past ten years (including a daily pushup challenge over lockdown) I can with authority tell you that exercise makes me feel bad in the short and long term.
Some people just don't have that brain wiring, apparently.

when GW switched from metal to plastic and rulebooks went digital everyone stopped lifting

Why would you want to lose weight? Just make your weight useful. Lift weights and do MMA. Being strong is way more important than being pretty for a man.

user, presuming you’re American someone being obese is more likely than 1 in 3, add that to hobbies which correlate with being not quite normal only makes it more likely. If you include overweight people then it’s like 2 in 3 close to 3 in 4, it would be extremely unlikely to not have them be fat. This is truly a society wide issue, not limited to us. I really also should hit the gym but in my case it’s to stop being skinny

I thought this was /k/ but the opening line is equally applicable I guess

>it feels bad at the time
Even this isn’t true for a lot of exercise

NTA but sounds like you're a histrionic fag

I find it mostly true. The only time I ever have fun with it is if it's a sport or weightlifting. Cardio and leg stuff in general is so fucking boring and annoying to me

Doing exercise for fun has always been a cope. You do it for looks or for the practical benefits. If you don't care about either then don't bother.

And so, the reason for this trend is unveiled: it's minmaxing.

Doing anything for "fun" is a cope.

>us big brapptdaddyCHADS evolved our rape-gunts to pin down our little slampiglets as we slam their clams
(You) wouldn't understand

Attached: massively based.png (600x600, 90.66K)

This.
I have never once seen a person exercise for the specific reason that they find exercising fun, they're doing it to achieve a goal. Whether that is gains, being healthier, or leveling up their athleticism to better play the sport or other hobby they actually enjoy. Nobody likes to fucking exercise, all creatures are only active out of necessity to acquire food or run away from predators not because they like it

You're right user, there are days where I feel like working out. But then I remember that rush I feel with I preform a feat of strength and speed in front of a fat person and I catch that little glint of fear in their eye. That stubble realization that I am a superior being to them. They make their excuses like many of the anons in this thread, but ultimately they are allowing themselves to slide pathetically into entropy while they shrug their flabby shoulders and claim there is nothing they can do about it. But every day I grow stronger, if only for the fact that I remain superior to you because I have the will to endure a little pain each day.

Based. Exercising to dab on fat retards is a valid reason

>pt
>thinks that losing weight has anything to do with the gym

Idiot.

Exercise is only really painful in a bad way for the first couple months, after that you start to really enjoy it, these days I feel amazing after a good workout.
Exercise lets you look better, live longer, feel better and people treat you a lot better in general.

Getting in shape is one of the best investments you can make into yourself, picking a good routine and spending a few hours a week just showing up and doing it really adds up over the years.

Bruh you are a PT, you know exactly why the fuck so many people are fat and you know why fat people are out here playing. They can't do consistency on shit because they're fucking alone and without a partner, your entire job is basically being someone's pseudo workout buddy and also a paid incentive for them to work out due to the time and money investment.

I work out three days in a row and one rest, one hour duration even with ghetto ass crutches with fucking metal weights on it as a bar. If I didn't have my brother to help me out and for us to shoot the shit I would not give a flying fuck unless I really really wanted to flex to impress, which I only mildly do. Getting Any Forums is for people with time, the will and the ease of that shit, people running games or worse, playing them, often got neither of the three. That and cardio is fucking awful and nobody goddamn likes it except the mentally deficient, cardio bunnies and crossfit fuckboys.

Attached: 1660650015221592.jpg (689x685, 57.29K)

This really should be paired with lifting though, losing weight is an improvement, but if you don't want to end up skinny fat you need to get in some strength training.

Yeah man i dont know what to tell you, ive never had that problem and i enjoy my workouts. Maybe get yourself checked for an anxiety disorder?

This sounds like a you being a little bitch problem.

Let's fucking do this.

>Office shitters
The worst group. Most normie of normie tier dogshit. They'll repeat every awful fucking meme like "I roll to seduce" or insist shit like Amy Schumer isn't a fat, unfunny, old whore. These are the ones that clap like autistic retards when they get a nat20. These "people", and I use that term in only the loosest way possible, will flake out of any agreement without prior notice and often not even have a reason for doing so. They have no stomach for any sort of confrontation or disagreement and will passive aggressively work around a perceived issue or slight instead of addressing it with the person. They refuse to read anything remotely resembling rules, because while they may have all the time in the world to fuck around on their phone, they have none for learning how to play. Office shitters expect that the only thing they need to do is show up. They will be the most likely to just murder-hobo their way around and get bored because trying to actually roleplay is too hard or too cringe. They also only want to play DnD. Nothing else. Just fucking DnD. Avoid at all cost.

1/x

Attached: 3b9.jpg (960x574, 82.65K)

>Fat fags
The second worst group. These niggers make their lives everyone else's problem via their rancid stench and their constant need to snack on shit. They are just as prone to abandoing the group as the officer shitter but they'll invent whatever reason they need to do it. Fat fags are the most rampant coomers, and any npc or character that fits their sexual proclivities are open game to them (all of them) see: and they'll do whatever it takes to fetishize the game. Anything that they view as something unobtainable immediately gets BLACKED or ORC'D or whatever else and they'll be sure to let everyone in the group know it. Fatties are the most prone to muder-hoboing. While an office shitter might do so out of the correctly assumed belief that DnD is centered around combat, Fatties do it to try and show off how cool their optimized character is. It's a point of personal pride if they've made any sort of encounter or challenge irrelevant to the group. Fatties are the type to leave in a huff, often literally, if things go wrong for them or if they are having a poor night with dice rolls. To their credit, fat fags often do read the rules, They will instead be prone to being the rules lawyer type - trying to adjudicate in place of the GM and interrupting the game as much as fucking possible. Honestly, if they just managed to fucking stay home wrapped in their stench, I wouldn't hate them nearly as much as I do.

Attached: 26tb8y.jpg (800x450, 141.01K)

NTA but not everyone enjoys working out. That doesn't mean people shouldn't do it, but there are other ways to get fit besides showing up to a gym for an hour or more a couple times a week. I bought a treadmill and parked it in front of my couch so I could distract myself with Star Trek while I got my cardio in.

"daaah hit the gym for 3 hours"
The easier way is to tell these fat fucks to go on a diet

>Wagies
50/50 shot if they are going to be a great addition as they do their best to imagine an alternative life and get lost in the world at your table or they are an irredeemably unlikeable faggot and their destiny lies as being the manager for the nearest Arby's, power-tripping and out-Karening the worst Karen that pulls up to the drive-thru. Wagies will often be the DM or GM because it gives them semblance of control over their life. They'll be the most hurt if a session wasn't particularly thrilling and any criticism of the game will be viewed as a criticism of them as a person. Wagies tend to read the rules of the game they are playing and are usually the most receptive to playing something other than DnD. Wagies are also the most unpredictable as they are either all in on confrontation or have nothing close to resembling a spine in their body. If the former, expect a lot of rules lawyering but it'll be left to simmer until the game is over where they will unleash their mighty wagie wrath upon you. Often times, it won't even be a major issue but combined with other compounding problems related to their personal lives, the wagie will use your table as their place to vent. Wagies also tend to indulge in rampant coomerism and will often be the Macho-Man to a fat fag's Hulk Hogan when it comes to degeneracy if left unchecked. They do this because without the constant flood of stimuli or endorphins flooding through their brains, they'll immediately kill themselves.

Attached: macho-man-randy-savage-1_crop_exact.jpg (1064x710, 791.74K)

>Your gym bros
The best group. Being a gym bro will often supersede their wagie or office shitter status. People that are dedicated to doing difficult things for the sake of self improvement tend to honor their commitments so you can believe that when it's time to show up, they will. Gym bros will learn by doing and will expect you to know best since you're the one introducing the game to them. Show how to do it the first time and that's what they'll do. They also tend to have more respect for everyone at the table since they assume everyone else wants to be there too. They'll often pick martial classes because that's what they understand the best. Roleplay will be leaned into heavily at the start and your friends will laugh and poke fun at the cringe but will come to enjoy it. Coomerism is often kept down because they can actually pull women or are so socially stunted it never occurs to them to try and to do weird degenerate shit. If you've got friends at the gym that want to learn how to play a ttrpg, would recommend getting them into the hobby.

Attached: 1656874199101.jpg (2496x3118, 781.42K)

I bet you know what your crush's hair smells like.
I bet she has no idea you exist.

>Exercise is a hideous ordeal that makes you feel bad afterward.

holy shit what a level of cope lmao hey everyone look at this lazy fat piece of shit

Attached: GpdiwQm.png (898x540, 301.35K)

You can still enjoy food without eating fucking 3000 calories a day

I've got one gym bro in my group and he's boring as fuck. Never RPs or puts on a voice despite always playing exotic weird characters. Nice guy though, never any drama from him.

Man id love to put on a voice but its tough maintaining consistency, plus I play online and not in person with other people around

Jokes on you faggot I don't have a crush

Normal, well adjusted people don't play anything other than western canon boardgames with their family members.

Are you concerned it's contagious, OP?
It's not.

Attached: 1344549668553.jpg (479x435, 49.08K)

Stop calling me thick and fat. I am not.

Attached: crius naga pov.jpg (3700x5000, 2.84M)

Its really easy to get fat for some people, if you dont work out and dont do any sports then youre going to get fat, unless you have chad/twink genes. They have this hobby and dedicate time to it, so probably dont feel the need to do a social sport which isnt golf. Working out is good but its a relatively new concept for the mainstream, you have to encourage people and make them not only change their routine but want to change it too. Also alcohol and a lot of modern "food" has insane calories and people dont really understand that eating a bag of sweets every day when doing no exercise = get big fat.

what makes you think he lives in America?

Goddamn you are one fat lazy retard aren't ya

>like I feel like its mental illness

Hormonal, actually. There is a specific hormone your body produces to signal that its time to stop eating, thats what makes you 'feel full'. But the production of this hormone is part of the same production cycle in your body as what manages insulin. In short, a high sugar diet doesn't just make you fat, it re-trains your body wrong and the end result is one that both cannot handle sugar AND can't stop eating it. They literally don't feel full after a meal, its just that if they eat too much they feel sick which is NOT the same thing. To them, unless you feel like you are about to throw up you are not really 'full', just not hungry.

Recent obesity medications have been toying with this. effectively giving people supplements of the 'I feel full' hormone. And it works, certainly, because if you feel stuffed and satisfied after 2 eggs and can't stomach another bite you are going to lose weight, especially if your previous breakfast was 2 big bowls of frosted flakes in a row.
Of course, no one really knows what the long term effects of this new treatment are, there are usually downsides to this sort of thing. But the theory behind it is sound.

Impressive, very nice. Now let's see your physiognomy.

>Americans are becoming trannies to fight obesity
Only in America.

do you think every hormone is to do with gender or is this just another rent-free issue

Not everything has to do with transgendered individuals.

Attached: crius lennon.png (1093x1294, 1.05M)

>how the fuck do people even get fat
In my case, I spent 6 months lying on my back in a bed in a military hospital while they put let back together with metal and plastic over 14 separate surgeries, and then spent another 6 months learning how to walk again. The whole time you're in that scenario (2005, for reference), you're essentially force-fed a minimum of 2, 3000-calorie full meals, plus a small breakfast. And I do mean force-fed; if you don't clean your plate an orderly will come in and ensure you do.

So with a year of bed rest and eating triple calories, one gets fat. And then one has their medical discharge printed, and you go home. Docs orders are that you will never run again, because your leg will essentially implode if you do (and hes right; trying to run a year later resulted in a tib fracture), so you can't do the ONLY exercise you ever enjoyed in order to stop being fat. And, let's not forget, you grew up truly hungry in a very poor household. Eating 1 meal a day at BEST (at school) and drinking water to stop the hunger pangs, and not getting 3 regular meals in a day until you went to college. So "just eating less" is off the table because you lived through the hell of genuine HUNGER and you don't want to put yourself through that again, and you know that without the exercise you can't do, that's your only way to shed the extra weight you put on in hospital.

And finally you get depressed that you're stuck and you'll never get the runners body back that you used to have, and you'll never get to feel the wind in your hair and the endorphins of a runners high again. And then you realize that eating makes you feel better about it, because now you can afford the sorts of food you could have never had growing up. And now you're in a position with no exercise, already being overweight, not being able to face calorie counting in the kitchen, and food makes you feel better on top of all that.

So maybe that's how. Just a theory.

yeah, getting sick will do this and the mental illness that follows is no joke
didn't have the hungry childhood but did have the poverty and it really does put a fear into you about stupid shit that you, intellectually, know is stupid but it's fucking hard to beat it on your own
I actually agree with OP about consistency but I need consistency in other areas of my life in order to manage it
in the meantime I just manage to exercise on and off and avoid going from "fucking fat" to "incapable" but without any support or visible external reason it's fucking hard
in short, I could probably beat it if people were like "let's go for a walk" and "hey we could trade off cooking a night or two every week" instead of "look at this fat fuck" but here we are

following up on this I'm going to see if I can get my current group to go walking once a week or something it'll be easier if we're going together and most of us could use the exercise but honestly it's not likely

>right now. Where are all the normal, non-obese people
at the gym

Fuck off normalfag, this is not the hobby for you.

Apparently some people need to constantly think about food even in their games

You know it's possible to be passionate about your hobbies and still have a shred of self respect, right, troon?

>Ignoring that its fun
It's not. Some of the things you can do as a result of working out arr fun and the end results are fun, but the process itself is incredibly boring.

I'm starting to think that I overeat because I'm slowly trying to commit suicide. I'm not even hungry half the time, it's literally habit.