Is learning Chinese worth it? Everyone says China is going to take over the world and we should be prepared for it...

Is learning Chinese worth it? Everyone says China is going to take over the world and we should be prepared for it. Is this true?

Attached: 58371_t6.jpg (850x567, 24.67K)

Lmao no.

You should want to learn it only because you have a strong passion and will to, otherwise you will not enjoy one moment of study. Personally, I prefer Japanese, despite it being outdated and generally only useful in one mostly-secluded part of the planet, and spoken by ~128m people.

Attached: 300px-Shogi_Ban_Koma.jpg (300x225, 30.68K)

What do you mean it's outdated?

YES! Learn to make chinese food, Ichibhan noodles, ginger fried dog (or cat) and eat with 2 sticks. Get ear plugs too since they talk REALLY REALLY FUCKING LOUDLY and it sounds like screaming. They can't see well though so you have a chance of escape.

Japan's heyday is a thing of the past, and the country is being outpaced in ALL fields such as R&D, medicine, science, etc by mainly China, but even the Republic of Korea. For god's sake, they still use fax machines in Japan, not to mention how socially backward the country still is. Abe getting smoked a couple of months ago was the best thing for the Japanese people and for Japan itself in a long time.

But, I digress. Japanese looks pretty and sounds beautiful, but it doesn't have as much practical, worldwide use as it did in the 90s, and certainly not as much relevance as Mandarin Chinese has and will have.

Probably "outdated" wasn't the best word to use there, but...it's out there.

Attached: Princess-Aiko-Princess-Mako.jpg (2000x1333, 807.52K)

The only practical use of Chinese would be communicating with Chinese people. English is still the global lingua franca. The practical use of Japanese and Chinese is about equal. Learn it if you're interested, or if you have a special practical reason to do so.

Basically, I think he means that it's not the 1980s and 1990s anymore, back when Japan was a lot stronger, economically. It's not even the 2000s anymore, when cultural Japanophilia was arguably at its height, due to the massive influx of anime coming to Western television, and the otaku phenomenon really taking off since the very tail end of the 1990s with the Pokémon series. The recent Olympics in Tokyo proves that Japan has at least somewhat lost the plot, even in terms of pop culture.

I work in freight-handling, and I've seen far more boxes/bags/packages with Chinese writing (simplified) and destinations than I have with Japanese ones.
>though I still get a bit giddy when I move Japanese freight, t's nice.

Attached: Rin smile.png (1200x790, 604.76K)

China is like like a little kid with his baby blanket tucked in the back of his underoos shirt. China ain't going to take over.

Yes. I'd say it's the most useful language to know after English

So to be clear, if they do take over the world YOU think they are going to need YOU?
Dude

THEY OWN Any Forums BE ADVISED

That's more people than those those who speak Italian.

Chinese is really not as useful for any kind of career as you'd think. They've got piles of Chinese people who are fluent in English. They're always going to pick one of them for any role where both languages are needed. They neither expect nor even really want their foreign business partners to be fluent. They'll provide someone to handle any Chinese language communication which is needed.

That leaves Chinese media as an interest, except it's all pretty boring. So then there's talking to normal Chinese people, except they really don't have anything interesting to say. So that leaves fucking Chinese girls, but the ones that are interested in that generally speak English.

How's Nanjing, Xi?

Japan is still a massive cultural powerhouse and arguably bigger than ever, anime is just a commonplace part of global popular culture at this point and the youth constantly tries to imitate elements of Japanese culture. Can't imagine how you could think Japan is less relevant culturally now than the 2000s, the reverse is true.

This, there are millions of chinese students learning all kinds of languages. If a chinese company needs a translator or bilingual manager on foreign countries they will always pick a chinese guy over you.

The only use you can get out of chinese is pretty much becoming a posterboy for a chinese company in chinkland, they love having a white guy to represent them, they think it makes them professional.

Ching chong chink chink ching chong

So you're saying that you learned Chinese to help with your job?

Chinese ...there like the feringi from star trek,there not going to take over the world,they are too gready,too self-interest,take over no,but everything up and sell it at a profit maybe

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 6.16K)

It's like the little commie-wannabes here in the US. Useful idiots.

Yes, but Italian is based and wonderful.

bretty gud
>note: this is NOT nanjing

No; I've studied it off and on, but never really had the motivation to just 'go all the way.' Plus, thanks to my EXTENSIVE study of Japanese, I'm familiar with more kanji/hanxi characters, so I know what I'm looking at even just based on context. This is just a nice bonus to have.

Attached: shanghai at night.jpg (2400x1197, 213.1K)

So Chinese are Jews?

They're BETTER at Jewry than Jews.

Attached: Soros is not funding Xi.jpg (719x771, 98.9K)

China will, most likely, take over Russia after it falls. Not because Ukraine "won" but the rest of the world decided to shun them and it withered away.

So you don't actually need Chinese for your job, so what's the point of bringing up that you see Chinese writing on packages? You don't need to understand Chinese to work in any industry do you?

Stupid

Attached: 1659847789463133.png (1024x479, 91.46K)

Iran isn't withering either, and Russia is a net exporter of essential goods. India is still buying, China is still buying. Only the US and their vassals have sanctioned them. A single year of Yeltsin wass worse than what is in store for them now.

Attached: 1656110908014.jpg (482x625, 350.15K)

Attached: 1660014723149193m.jpg (1024x630, 58.49K)