Is the F35 based, or is it a big fucking piece of shit that doesn't do the goddamn thing it's supposed to?

Is the F35 based, or is it a big fucking piece of shit that doesn't do the goddamn thing it's supposed to?

Attached: jBC4hwK-608781597.jpg (2100x1500, 258.14K)

Seems useless as fuck so far and they're still dumping money into the shit. It can't be that simple. I'm assuming it has some super super secret shit going on that nobody knows about yet that it will finally fucking show off when a war breaks out and we'll all be like "oh fuck, ok, glad we spent all that money on it now". Kind of like the nukes.

It just seems like it isn't better than the F18

Attached: 563355-3211036454.jpg (1920x1080, 394.14K)

well, i'm not that knowledgeable on jets but so far from my point of view the stealth alone of the F35 makes it fi not a little better than the older jets right? I mean if motherfuckers can't detect you then they can't find you and you won't have to outmaneuver anyone.

An amazing plane. Just not the best value for the cost.

Yeah well the stealth capabilities had better work as advertised, or else it's not a worthwhile piece of equipment IMHO

Why can't they just make a stealth version of the F18 tho?

It's both.

Positives: it is an astonishing technological marvel in terms of sensor arrays, data fusion and netcentric integration with other battlespace assets - as well as being a Day-One of War fighter because of its stealthiness.

Negatives: but it lacks speed, range and payload, and therefore is already looking like a very costly - but probably crucial - intermediate development stage on the path to the genuine F22 successor. I think we will look back on the F35 as a test-bed for a lot of the functionality that goes into the NGAD (Next-Gen Air Defence) 6th Gen fighter, whatever that is. The DoD has already awarded contracts to Boeing, Lockheed Martin and General Dynamics to produce their proposed F22 successor, and the winner will be looking to leverage a lot of what the F35 has successfully incorporated.

The F35B STOVL variant is probably the worst of the three variants, having neither the speed, range or payload of the other two.

Just grab a bucket of stealth paint and slap it on any old plane

lol, why not must turn an F18 into an M1 Abrams

>F22 successor

No. Just no. The F35 is not an air dominance fight, it's a multirole

*fighter

You misread my post - I'm saying the next gen air superiority fighter will utilise all the painful lessons we learned in the F35.

The F22 successor is likely to be multirole to cover F22 and F35 operational roles.

Oh okay I guess I did misread.

Nothing built by NATO is based. Yes it’s high tech, yes it can kill people and destroy vehicles and buildings. It will be used to defend sodomy around the world.

Couldn't they just have fucked up with the F35 in a more responsible way? I mean goddamn if you don't know if your shit will work then get one prototype and fuck around with it. They're selling shit that totally fucked up. It's fucking 2022, can't they tell when something is totally fucked before they build the shit? and how long does it take them to fix something that's totally fucked. If they never built it to begin with it wouldn't be fucked. Just pay attention when you're building the motherfucker and you wont' have broken ass shit that's already built.

>based

flying stealth tank

Oh yeah and also China got the blueprints for the 35 long ago. Good luck pilots

Attached: yep.jpg (346x146, 6.74K)

Not a piece of shit but not what it was supposed to be either. Ultimately the F-22 was a better platform and further development of the F-22 into a truly multi-role aircraft would have been a better decision than pursing continued development of the F35

It has impressive EW capabilites (though not on par quite with the F-22, and newer model F-15's are basically equally capable), the big ace in the hole will be the AIM-260 but that's being fielded by the 22 also.

This. NGAD prototypes are already flying with limited operational capability. It basically combined the top-end airframe and stealth of the F-22 with the attack suite of the F-35.

>The F35B STOVL variant is probably the worst of the three variants, having neither the speed, range or payload of the other two.

True. But it's a huge improvement over the AV-8B. If anything, the STOVL variant should have been the only one. The F-35A/C basically should have been used as technology testbeds to improe the F-22 or to develop tech for NGAD.

>The F22 successor is likely to be multirole to cover F22 and F35 operational roles.

Correct. That said, the fiscally responsible action would have been to integrate ground attack capabilities into the F-22 instead of wasting billions on the F-35 which basically amounted to a discount export F-22 with AG capability.

kek true

>"I-it's neither good n-nor bad!"
Shut the fuck up you fucking centrist and pick a side

Good enough to be useful in combat yeah.

That doesnt outweight the fiscal shortfalls of the program imho. Poor investment.

>Correct. That said, the fiscally responsible action would have been to integrate ground attack capabilities into the F-22 instead of wasting billions on the F-35 which basically amounted to a discount export F-22 with AG capability.

This is why F-35. U.S doesn't want to export F-22. Which means no money. Money is god.

it was a dumb idea to begin with. Let the rest of the world build their own fuckin planes.

So we all bought in to a shitty piece of equpiment but it's okay because it will be "useful in combat"

What combat is the F35 intended for?