/rg/ - Router General / Home Networking

For all your home networking needs.

What router do you currently run?
What firmware is installed and how have you configured it?
Is Wi-Fi 6 a meme?
Optimal routers for OpenWrt: openwrt.org/toh/views/toh_available_16128

FreeBSD-based:
OPNSense: opnsense.org/
PfSense: pfsense.org/

Linux-based:
DD-WRT: dd-wrt.com/
FreshTomato (Broadcom only): freshtomato.org/
OpenWrt: openwrt.org/toh/views/toh_available_16128
Asuswrt-Merlin too I guess.

Previous:

Attached: 10659-1.png (692x692, 252.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

allthingstech.ch/using-opnsense-and-ip-blocklists-to-block-malicious-traffic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for 802.11b

Attached: e2500.jpg (803x450, 23.77K)

I have one in your pic
how much chinese botnet is on the default firmware?

none because i run openwrt lol

Netgate 4100 + pfSense (pfBlockerNG, Suricata, Service Watchdog) --> Netgear GS108PE --> EAP660 HD

serves me well

Attached: One of the rarest animal sightings in the world - chirodectes maculatus, only seen once before.webm (1280x720, 2.53M)

no idea
it's been months since I've seen that thing

Does OPNSense have an equivalent to PfBlocker-NG yet?

I had a Actiontec T3200 bridged to a wifi5 Netgear nighthawk on a 1.5 GB GPON service. Worked OK for about a year and a bit then started to shit the bed. I needed to be disable the smart steering and see the 2.4 ghz band for some older Sonos speakers but now I don’t care.

I now use my service providers network access hub with an XGPON SFP ONT with 2 wifi6 AP’s mesh network.

HUGE improvement, like I wish I had changed earlier. All my intermittent connectivity was gone

I had a Actiontec T3200 bridged to a wifi5 Netgear nighthawk on a 1.5 GB GPON service. Worked OK for about a year and a bit then started to shit the bed. I needed to be disable the smart steering and see the 2.4 ghz band for some older Sonos speakers but now I don’t care.

I now use my service providers network access hub with an XGPON SFP ONT with 2 wifi6 AP’s mesh network.

HUGE improvement, like I wish I had changed earlier. All my intermittent connectivity was gone

very nice. running a comparable setup minus the negate hardware and plus 10gbe ports.

seek help

I don't think so. And if there is something even remotely similar it isn't as polished. It's what keeps me on pfsense honestly. That and I'm so familiar with pfsense because I've been using it for ~15 years.

allthingstech.ch/using-opnsense-and-ip-blocklists-to-block-malicious-traffic

I had a E900 before I accidentally fried it

Very cool. But does it actually have all of the same functionality? For example, reputation rules that analyze for repeat offenders? Or something similar to maxminds geoIP blocking?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1745x2001, 411.78K)

This general is fucking stupid.
Routers are fucking bloat

Going in without a rubber? RIP you glorious bastard.

not him but, just use a switch and a firewall, routers are bloat. also I use a wrt router because I can't afford the good shit.

What’s the most you’d spend on a 10gbit-capable switch?

Yeah? What firewall do you recommend for a LAN that doesn't do any routing?

Does having a good modem make any difference?