Will time travel to the past ever be possible...

Will time travel to the past ever be possible? Or is humanity doomed to stop interacting with each other and be addicted to their phones in Atlantis?

Attached: 1390906_1.jpg (590x350, 40.19K)

No.

Given: A universe in which time travel to the past is not possible -- then there is no time travel to the past.

Given: A universe in which time travel to the past IS possible. Timelines go into fluictuation, constantly changing as people go to the past and fuck around. Eventually by chance however remote a chance it would be, we hit on a timeline in which nobody discovers how to time travel into the past.

According to one theory of time travel that could resolve the Grandfather Paradox, time travel to the past would actually create a new universe that is identical to ours but in the past. This raises another question of if traveling to this universe would make you younger, or if there would be a younger version of you coexisting with you in that universe.

>time machine is invented
>i travel back to the day it was invented
>disable it so no one can ever use it
>now i can be the only one who knows about time travel
>i travel back to the future
>i kill myself

I'm looking for serious answers guys, I'm trying not to be "blackpilled" as the kids say. I don't want to think that we're heading into an apocalypse with no escape.

You can always skip to the end

You can't fuck with the past. If you could actually travel to the past then you would be going to a point in time in which you were present. You wouldn't alter anything or change any aspect of the timeline or universe you reside in as the actions you take happened in the past and therefore are going to happen.

An example I could provide is going back in time to kill your grandfather. You go back in time, shoot your grandpa in the head, they without a doubt die, and you return to the future trying to say you were now in a different timeline. Truth is, you're actually an extreme faggot first off, and secondly that Grandma was apparently a whore and you handed her a get out of jail free card as she was pregnant with your father at the time who was actually the child of another man out of wedlock.

If time travel were capable our timeline wouldn't be so fickle as to completely fucking implode anytime a time travel occurred or it wouldn't currently exist, as some fuck would more than likely use it to go back to the dawn of time to see how it was, thus destroying all of time forward.

Tldr; capefags and soyboys need to shut the fuck up.

Attached: 1652391723356.jpg (335x350, 12.46K)

I will go back to the past and prevent the shitty games that suck ass.

Adding you to the faggot list

>Ye kanne not fucken wyth ye past. If ye koukd actualle trauele to ye past, thenne ye wolde be goynge to a tyme in whiche ye were present. Ye wolde not alter anythyng or chaunge eny aspect of yer timeline or universe in whiche yere present, for þe actions þat take place hapennde in þe past, and þerfore shulden happe.

>Þat is an example I coude provyde: goinge back in tyme to kil thy grandfather. Ye goo back in tyme and shoot thy grandfadir stryght betwene his eyes, and beyonden doute he deyeþ. And þenne returnestow to yer future, thinking þou hast now bene in another timeline. But treuþ is, þou art ful out of thi miende! Secondly, granmodyr was a whore anþ gets away scott free as she was with bairn by another man at þat time--of which yer fadir was borne!

>If time trauele were possible our timeline wold no be so fickle as to completyn imploden every time sum partiyng of time trauele occurred; else it does no currenctly exist for some fuckwit would more than lyke goo back

>Caipeþagge und soyeboyes nydþ þonne þæt þe frogges fulle.

Attached: Black and white simple lineart drawing of a decaying and bloated wojak with cellulite blistering forth from his rancid face, his mouth wide open in sh.png (1024x1024, 1.29M)

Attached: (You)_win.gif (241x241, 424.93K)

No. If a time machine ever exists, then a time machine always exists. Think about it.

The logic is flawed because it creates a false dichotomy; it assumes that either time machines have always existed, or they will never exist. However, this is not the case. Time machines could theoretically be created in the future, without always having existed. Therefore, the statement that "if a time machine ever exists in the future, then it has always existed" is not logically sound.

It would have to exist in the past in order for it to exist in the future. That is logically sound given the basis of what we are talking about. Stop pretending to be smart and go play with your blocks.

You people been watching too many movies. Time machines, teleporting, hyperdrives... it's all just imagination and you can't suddenly break the laws of physics because your fantasy got normalised in scifi

it can exist without it having been used, which makes it not exist in the past

Travel to the past is impossible.

It is theoretically possible to SEE the past as it happens (happened.)
It would just take faster than light travel... but that is scientifically impossible as of right now.
It would also require a lense the size of entire galaxy to see... which is also quite impossible.

The fact that there are no time travelers going into the past (now and before) informs us that traveling backward in time is not possible, but traveling into the future is unknown.

Sure, you could say that it could exist without having been used, but you would have to prove that it works in order for it to be called a "Time Machine" by our standards. I can say my shower is a time machine I've never used, that doesn't mean that a time machine exists yet.

>faster than light travel... but that is scientifically impossible as of right now.
You see here, the dream remains like it just might be possible if we wish hard enough. It's not impossible "at the moment"... it's just impossible.

And I assume you have completed a complete study of all entities throughout all of time to come to the conclusion that they don't exist?
> I haven't seen it so it doesn't exist
You haven't seen lots of things, like your penis, doesn't mean it isn't there.

Attached: adhom.jpg (750x500, 59.17K)

I attacked your argument, grasp harder.

and yet you think i should continue arguing with someone of your astute caliber, eh?

arrogant much?

This statement is not logically sound because it conflates two different types of existence. A time machine in the future would exist in a different sense than a time machine in the past. In the future, a time machine would exist as an object that someone could use to travel through time. In the past, a time machine would exist as an object that someone from the future traveled back in time to create. When a time machine travels back in time, it would branch the universe off into a separate timeline that isn't congruent with our current timeline. Everything that happens afterwards is not what has already happened. This means we could possibly exist in a timeline where there may be branches to a separate past, in the future.