Car horror stories

Ok let's hear em. We're bored af, 9 hours waiting for a tow truck (fuck you RAC). It's nearly 11pm and my missus is going crazy. Recovery still hours out. What's your horror stories?

Attached: car breakdown ThinkstockPhotos 452417337.jpg (1280x960, 188.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mHEG0RhdDyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Country?

UK

An American was near me.

Attached: 51fM1MxvsAL._UX425_.jpg (586x600, 42.41K)

You really want car horror stories right now user?

Attached: F5DB5C35-0FDA-4349-B44E-9AEE02C85C4D.jpg (1077x869, 142.57K)

I need something to pass the time. Just had to calm down the other half because she saw a fox looking at her through the window. I would knock one out but it's a well lit street

Imagine being such a faggot you don't even know how to troubleshoot your own car. I bet you own a hybrid top kek.

fag

It will get worse for you. When the RAC turn up, he’s going to fuck her pussy.

gonna die

I know what's wrong but it's a Sunday night, I'm nearly 100 miles from home and I don't have the tools to fix it
You offering?
He can keep her if he turns up earlier kek

Having the skills to troubleshoot is one thing. You might even have the tools. What do you do when a part fails, you don't have a spare on hand and the replacement part is a week away even if you could order one?

you are scared of a cute little fox? how do you feel about ladybugs, you pansy?

verification not required

Attached: 1658366566309420.jpg (391x376, 16.82K)

Idgaf but she does

Call a different tow company. There's gotta be someone that could come immediately. If this happened to me in America I would call 911 and tell them I had a non life threatening emergency, that my vehicle was blocking traffic completely and causing a huge mess and that I needed a tow truck immediately.

What part of the country are you in?

>car horror stories
There was a hook hanging from the car door handle!

Attached: hookcarstory.jpg (500x375, 33.1K)

>Call a different tow company
I tried getting quotes but it's 100s I don't have that's why I bought cover. Apparently that means fuck all
North/midlands

Erm.....

I driven a lot of shit in a lot of countries..... for some reason I migrate towards utter beaters and older units. Mainly because it's cheap fun and I love fixing shit but it's taught me to be on my toes constantly and keeps my reaction time pretty damn quick. A good example a few days ago... a pedestrian stepped out right in front of me and I can't have been more than 50 yards from her doing about 25-30mph... Fuckin' stopped on a tuppance (dime). The bumper was an inch from her knee as she looked up in shock taking her fucking over priced shitty headphones off her ears and apologising..... fuck the younger gen seriously, pay attention to the world you live in!

Anyways I've had all sorts happen over the years... Last year coming down a mountain in my camper in the Grampians my brand new brake vacuum pump exploded. Only had about 600 miles on the unit, so that was a brown trouser moment when I pressed the pedal at about 50mph, realised there were fuck all brakes and I had to stop a big heavy camper from plowing into the back of some grannies a few hundred yards away. Course I'm in a diesel so I just whipped through the gears like a boss while riding the handbrake (e-brake for the yanks). Couldn't get a spare part, so just drove the fucker 700 miles home and put me trousers in the wash.

But then who was phone?

>Rent
>A
>Clown.

Had a steering rack come undone on me going round a roundabout. Entered the rounadabout fine, went to turn off and nothing happened, so whapped the wheel full lock left, then the car swerved off down the exit I wanted. Tried to straighten it up and it kept going full lock left. Whapped it full lock right, it then went right. After a few full locks back and forth I got the hang of keeping the car more or less in the middle of the road. Drove it like that for another 3 weeks till I took it to the garage as I needed a ramp. Turns out a power steering leak ate through the rubber bushings clamping the rack in the place, so the racked moved by half a foot in each direction before hitting the frame which allowed the wheel to turn.

One of the best (or worst) experiences I had was road tripping the USA in a Fleetwood Bounder, the one from braking bad. Broke down every single day, except for 2. Had brakes fail on mountains, blew out tyres which ripped out the floor, got fucked up by a hurricane, had electrical fires, overheated time and time again (sometimes in the desert), every fluid leaked, went through 3 starter motors..... the list goes on. I spent more time under that thing that seeing the country, but fuck it taught me to be resourceful and made me a much better bush mechanic. I made it to the other end fine fixing it all on my own and sold it onto the next adventurous couple.

The Psych PT in the back is off his meds

Only been a few times I've actually needed a tow. But there were unfixable things like: a hole in the block and car shat it's oil out, Fuckin' ECU frying itself, both rear tyres blowing out at the same time, so I didn't have enough spares..... I tend to carry a bush box on long journeys full off enough random crap to fix most things at the side of the road, it always pays to be prepared in this world.

Literally shaking right now.

Learn how to take care of your vehicle, you worthless pieces of shit.
youtu.be/mHEG0RhdDyY