All KDEChads report all your bugs(if any)

All KDEChads report all your bugs(if any)

Attached: file.png (683x494, 54.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=353975
docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/sysctl/vm.html#dirty-expire-centisecs
docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/sysctl/vm.html#dirty-writeback-centisecs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It crashes when I try to log in. I already open some issues, but the developers marked my issues as "not a bug".

Linux is one giant bug these days, no point.

mkdir /home/
chown 1000:1000 /home/

not a bug

desktop linux for sure, the kernel linux is still just fine even with systemd

>11 bugs bad enough this singular user had to report them
grim

4 of them are feature requests.
1 of them has been fixed
1 of them got broken into wayland, but fixed in x11
1 of them UX issue in dolphin got fixed
1 of them got extended into a different UX issue, but I probably should add something to this one
1 of the memory leaks got fixed

2 actual bugs

Anyone else with multiple monitors experiencing a persistent bug on almost every log-in where the wallpaper goes black on the secondary monitor and you can't right-click on it?

The only way to remedy it is to restart Plasma Shell every time it happens by running:

kquitapp5 plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell

Usually it restores your desktop but sometimes it resets your Plasma configuration on the secondary monitor to the default and you have to reconfigure it over again.

then I guess you need to add a 12th, because most of those are not classified as "open bugs"

>1 of them got broken into wayland, but fixed in x11

Attached: bobsaget.png (736x820, 1.08M)

bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=353975

Does anyone else have that bug of Dolphin getting stuck at 99% when transferring files to an USB

Attached: Razor Lemone.png (689x567, 212.24K)

When I unplug my screened drawing tablet, windows don't snap properly. They behave as if the taskbar isn't there. Fortunately this can be easily fixed by entering and exiting edit mode. That's the main thing that I can think of.

Every single time I log in I have to re-configure the display settings so that my monitors aren't reversed

I literally have zero (0) bugs on KDE and KDE software other than some glitches in GTK programs but that's a Gnome problem

That's because your system reached the dirty cache save to disk points.
When your data isn't saved to disk(dirty cache wasn't filled) then it will save quickly, if your dirty cache got filled then it will be saving down slowly.

I uhhhh, I am sorry user, can you explain it in simple terms and how to fix it please

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (584x800, 58.19K)

Well the file changes first get written to ram, the system just returns you that it can, and the only time it slowly reports to the application is when it syncs(or so it seems).

You can adjust the dirty cache in the % of your ram value:
with 20 being the default value(I like using a low value of 1 with 32GB of ram when I've my usb stick plugged in) you can adjust it like so:
sudo sysctl -w vm.dirty_ratio=1

But you need to safely unmounted your usb stick or use "sync" command at the end anyway, so even if dolphin shows you it's done copying files, the system still might have unsaved changes.
If you use a lower dirty cache value it's more likely all changes would be saved up by the time the save dialog reaches zero, but you still would want to use the "safe removal" option.

There are a couple of more values of interest:
vm.dirty_expire_centisecs
docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/sysctl/vm.html#dirty-expire-centisecs
vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs
docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/sysctl/vm.html#dirty-writeback-centisecs

the hotspot feature needs to be redone.
>to change either the name or the password you have to restart (might be a network manager thing idk).
>if the hotspot has a password when activating it you'll get prompt to type a password and it uses that over the one you set.
>sometimes it just doesn't work.

They seriously need to fix how touchpads work, it is a really shitty experience that when you scroll with two fingers it has this "dead zone" where it'll move the cursor.

this seems quite complicated when he could also just do

rsync -a

no?