HP Dev One

Do I buy one Any Forums is it worth it or do I just stay with my Libreboot + Linux Mint Thinkpad?

Attached: Screenshot 2022-09-04 095937.png (825x603, 362.54K)

>blocks your path
Idepad s3-15 with ryzen 3-7 5XXXU

Attached: file.png (617x530, 223.57K)

What are the specs of your ThinkPad?

I've heard mixed things about the glossy screen. I'm not sure if it's actually a privacy screen or if it just has weird viewing angles.

It's an HP Elitebook 845 G8 with some minor differences and one configuration. The 845 G9 is out and it had the newer gen 6xxx CPUs which open up PCIE 4.0 and DDR5 RAM and are slightly faster.

I feel like even if you are set on HP, you'd do yourself a service by seeing what a similar build would cost with either the 845 G8 and G9. It's not like the Dev One in particular has anything that sets it apart.

>16:9 shit
into the trash bin it goes

9 hour coding battery life

>16:9 shit
>only 9h
into the trash bin it goes

Dont patronize niggerish companies. HP deserves a full boycott for their printer scams

>tfw had to buy HP because everything else was even shittier or overpriced

i can vouch for the ideapads. I have a ideapad 5 with an intel tigerlake i7 and it's pretty fucking nice. 1080p screen sadly, would've been nicer if it was 1440p, 1600p or 4k but welp its ok nonetheless

I had an HP with Ryzen 2500U when they got released because that was the only sane option in my nearest Best Buy back when most laptops were promoting the Optane drives. 12GB of RAM with 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD seemed liked a better offer than an i3 with Optane and 1TB HDD. No way, Ryzen had Radeon APU at least.
What is bad in general about HP is they lock down Firmware, their BIOS is so restrictive and basic. The design they adopted with the release of Ryzen processors is good excepting for a really important thing, the exhaustion, you can't use them with the lid closed. Opening the laptop is easy and you have immediate access to RAM, battery and SATA.
Now, HP has gone a little to the good site but they're being too hesitant about it, however, they also cause certain trends in the industry, I would get the HP Dev One if I could, because having a good revenue projection will cause other manufacturers to release similar models. This actually have a way bigger impact than buying to startups, which are not bad either.
So in the laptop market I would say you should give HP Dev One a chance, but don't buy anything else from HP, rest of products still stink, specially printers.

I have the EliteBook 845 G8. Basically identical laptop to that. It's good.
>ideashit
All's good until the plastic case falls apart or the Elan touchpad is detected every 5th boot on Linux. Also that's not Zen 3 5th gen is it?
The glossy screen is a really weird choice. Every 845 G8 I've seen including mine had a matte screen.
>you'd do yourself a service by seeing what a similar build would cost with either the 845 G8 and G9
Exactly this, I got my 845 G8 Ryzen 5 for 700.
>What is bad in general about HP is they lock down Firmware, their BIOS is so restrictive and basic
I think this is a consumershit problem, mine's no different to any other laptop, maybe it even has more options.
>the exhaustion, you can't use them with the lid closed
What?
Everything else you said is absolutely correct though. Even the 835 G9 has no soldered RAM, something a 16" ThinkPad does now.

i'd miss the middle mouse button, but other than that it looks very solid

Why would you need more than entire's day worth of work?

Zen 2 5th gen, but really 1150 geekbench 3 points is more than enough, especially that in performance mode this thing boosts to 3.9Ghz(+100mhz auto oc), even then you won't need more than 1.4Ghz when light multitasking and coding with an IDE.

They don't ship to europe and I've already bought an MSI gaymen laptop.

>especially that in performance mode this thing boosts to 3.9Ghz(+100mhz auto oc)
I've seen my 845 G8 boosting to 4.2GHz. Ryzen 5 5650U.

And? My 2013 macbook air gets 10 hours on its original 9 year old battery, and it's got an i5.... 9 hours is far from impressive.

so you can use it for leisure after work or even a single charge for two days in a row? for better battery life by doing less recharge cycles?

The clit is better than modern thinkpads. I think the shape of the nub is just better, I know thinkpads had a very similar one before, now with the ultrathin trackpoints you can't have shit.

Attached: lenovo_73p2698_trackpoint_pointing_stick_1158732.jpg (1000x1000, 105.86K)

The cups are still available through a third-party manufacturer in Japan. I have one on my x13 gen 2. Dunno about the fuzzy one, but I always found they wore down quickly on my x200.

>leisure after work
It's okay to admit you're darker skinned low caste pajeet, you don't have to lie about it, we're all equal here, now back to work!