I just learned that you can't mount a TV onto a fucking wall in the US without a thing called "stud finder" to find the...

I just learned that you can't mount a TV onto a fucking wall in the US without a thing called "stud finder" to find the "studs" first. This has to be a fucking joke, right? What the absolute fuck LMAO!

Attached: SmFjcXVlbGluZSBNYXJpZSBNZW5kb3ph.jpg (480x640, 53.28K)

wow. american houses really are made of cardboard. i thought it was just a meme

Carports are mostly blue and rarely red

Yes a heavy TV needs to be mounted into a stud.

A stud can be found with a stud finder or simply a hammer and listening to the different sounds the sheetrock makes.

How do Amerifags even build houses out of sticks and cardboard? Jfc

You don't need a stud finder. Just knock on the wall until it sounds and feels solid instead of hollow. There's your stud.

Yes but make sure to explain to him he must tap the wall with a great amount of force so the hammer will produce the right sound ;) ;) ;)

Welcome to the life of a married American man, where their wife has no idea what the fuck studs are or even their purpose. They just hang up 15lb paintings and photo frames with thumbtacks and 2 sided tape. I've almost divorced because of this exact thing

Heh... rent-free...

Wow, this whole thread is rent-free.

America, are you familiar with goddamned bricks? Jesus fucking Christ, thousands of years of architectural evolution, material research and economic adaptation wasted every time a household is built.

that picture is almost old enough to vote you lying ass piece of shit.
Also, yes, American cardboard houses suck balls.

Too expensive. If you go into older American cities you can still find plenty of brick construction but the cost of hauling thousands of bricks and hiring masons to lay them brick by brick would be absurd today.

Just use Alien Tape

This is the third thread I've seen about this in the ass hour. Yes, if you hang a 30 pound TV with just thumb tacks in drywall it will fall off. Find a fucking stud and use some three inch wood screws you retarded faggots.

be careful though the "studs" are just particle board rods that make up the frame of the drywall

Never seen that. Studs are always wood in any house I've lived in. Particle board wouldn't make sense because it wouldn't be load bearing. In conclusion, you are full of shit and probably a communist.

Pretty sure that's a great big violation of building code in the entire US. Studs are solid wood, usually 2x4s and 2x6s.

you are lucky if it is even particle board, sometimes it is hardened styrofoam painted like wood

Added directly to the ban archive.

Get a load of this Idiot, doesn’t even know about drywall.

We're just using a small magnet to find the nail or screw holding the dry wall into the stud.