Hey frens. What do you do for work? Tell me about your jobs. What you like about it and what you hate about it

Hey frens. What do you do for work? Tell me about your jobs. What you like about it and what you hate about it.

I’ll start:
I’m a fitter welder. MIG MCAW to be specific. I build specialized dump trucks built for construction. Everything starts out as sheets of metal cut and bent then all welded together.
I love seeing the end product drive off the lot after putting in a week of work.
I hate that everybody is such a miserable prick at this company.

Attached: E3ABB885-DC58-4540-AE80-D9A45BD1BAD4.jpg (570x735, 48.17K)

i work at a mental hospital as data entry.
i hate it but i live in 'murica and i need health insurance and a retirement plan and you only get decent health care if you have a job.
my co-workers are asses; theyre work-from-homo types and hardly ever enter the office anymore. when thy do, they're stuck up little shits that enjoy turning off every single light that they can. it takes every ounce of willpower not to be beat the holy fuck out of them.
i do enjoy the quiet though of being the only one in the office. ive gotten used to it.

I work customer service on the phone for credit cards. Specifically some that are for small business accounts. Early 30s but going back to school for tech because fuck this shit, tired of scraping by just for the bare minimum

Software company owner. We build custom enterprise grade web applications ranging from bespoke single tenant internal process applications right though to giant several-hundred-thousand active users SaaS platforms for our customers.

I love that I learn so fucking much about such a broad range of topics across literally dozens of industries by virtue of having access to untold volumes of data, and information. It's not uncommon for me to often adjust the operational behaviour and sometimes the entire business direction of companies (for clients open to it) due to my understanding often eclipsing the business owners I work with.

Hate; non stop day in day out I see business owners fucking their customers by demanding we cut security, testing and other QA processes to reduce costs whilst refusing to reduce requirements. Their expectation is that something should be bug free but don't want to pay for the things that make something bug free; in the end the user of the application is the one that suffers and it's this constant battle where I feel bad for the users but am contractually obliged by the client to solve the specific instance of any issue instead of fixing it properly

Man I couldn’t imagine doing that line of work. It must be soul crushing I’m sorry user. Glad you’re going back to school

I’m a Electrians apprentice, I do some Electrical work, move some stuff on site , I replace lights , I replace basically anything broken that’s electronic.
Having to drive around all day and smoking while on the drives is my favourite part of the job.
Having to repair shit in freezers, work in the freezing cold winters outdoors or working in the middle of summers in hot attics and in ceilings fixing stuff, generally just working out doors when the weather is shitty.

Oh another nice part of the job is having 2 Weeks on and 1 Week off and just being able to chill and do what I want for the week off

My top 3 when I was going back to school was electrician, carpenter, or welder. I chose the one where I could stay at home. I don’t think I had the smarts to be an electrician.

By stay at home I mean not have to travel out of city for work

>I hate that everybody is such a miserable prick at this company.
like they are assholes, the work culture sucks, or the people suck as people (like I find that a lot of welders are very self-important, they get a little bit of training and a little bit of money and suddenly they think they are the most important job in the world, kinda like engineers)

>carpenter
not a real job
>I don't think I had the smarts to be an electrician
lol what? its not a electrical engineer, there is not smarts required, its the type of job you can learn on youtube

Table games dealer. I like it because it pays money. I hate it because I live in a society.

I mostly deal craps.

I work in tool and die repair.
At work right now.
>pic relevant

Attached: 20220820_070617.jpg (3264x1836, 1.86M)

The work culture sucks. It’s mostly because the guys who have been there the longest tell anybody who will listen to leave this company as soon as you can. All they do is bitch and moan to anybody within ear shot for the entire break. They also have that holier than thou attitude. They try send parts back all the time and when the fab team sends it back to the welders they get the new guys to weld the gap instead of doing it themselves. I get along with everybody else though. Just the lead hands and the veterans are fucking insufferable. I’m also green as fuck. Did 6 months of school and have been at this company for 5 months.

I work in a large German car dealership (VW/Audi/Porsche) I coordinate the vehicles, carry out appraisals and write orders for the workshop. I am also responsible for taking photos of the vehicles and putting them online. Hardly anyone tells me what to do, I am (partly) my own boss. The big advantage is that I always test drive a car and have driven hundreds of VWs, Audis, etc. for free. It's a good job in a safe company.

Attached: ssd.jpg (1920x1080, 462.77K)

Work in a secure data warehouse mostly dealing with oil industry stuff , core samples , oil rig schematics etc. plus company records etc. quite a shit job a lot of heavy lifting but I’m resigned to my life this job will probably kill me , quite a lot of the core is hazardous coz contaminated with arsenic and mercury some of the wet mud samples are so corrosive they rot your clothes and eat through the racking in the warehouse. Anyway not much to like about my work tbh it’s Monday to Friday 9 to 5 so at least that’s something I suppose. And as for hate there is a lot , too much to list but this is what you end up doing by not paying attention at school and fuckin around and having fun instead of learning and thinking of the future. So kids do well in school and have a better life , don’t end up old with a damaged heart after a heart attack lifting boxes of contaminated rocks for a living

How much did 6mos of welding school cost? General location appreciated for context

In literally retarded. I’m a MIG monkey I pull a trigger and melt metal. Electricity is just magic to me. The only electrician i know was a turbo nerd so I thought she needed good grades to get in.

I'm managing the facilities for a huge bank. Damn that sounds uninteresting.

My real passion is game design and programming.

Currently an EMT. Would not recommend. Long hours, and for the most part shit pay. I make $20/hr which is ok-ish but i still have to work way too much overtime.

I’m in central Canada. It was a free program. I hardly learned shit and had to learn blueprint reading and weld symbols from YouTube because our teacher was so bad. You just had to be on EI so you had proof that you could support yourself while attending. I got laid off from a comfy warehouse gig because of covid so things kinda fell in place.

Buddy who started at my company after me had much better training and he was a crazy good welder out of the gate. I think he paid $10,000 for 9 months

You making time and a half at least?
What made you choose EMT? I’d never be able to do that. Too many junkies in my city

I suck dick for fent