NEET

>NEET
>disabled
>not sustainable though
>losing money each month (a 500$ car / medical / dental bill will bankrupt me)
>just want to play league of legends
>but i spend money on league of legends like an idiot
>giving blood doesn't fuel my addiction
>start selling off old PC games, trading cards, N64 games, etc
>take some stuff in to a local video game trading post

>"Hi looks like you have some stuff for us!"
y-yeah just...looking to sell some old stuff...
>"Okay, right over here, what do you have?"
uh just some cards and games and stuff
>"No problem, just know we only buy 1st generation pokemon cards, and only holographics and first editions, we're not buying Yu-Gi-Oh or Warcraft cards, even if holographic"
o-oh, uhm...I have some PC games...these are pretty popular and will s--
>"We're actually not buying PC games either, sorry!"
Ah...uhm...okay...well I have some collectors edition halo games and stuff...
>"Cool, let's just price appraise this...hmm, we can give you 10$ store credit or 7$ cash!"

I just walked out after that. I had AT LEAST 100$ in my hand when I walked in and all they would have given for in-demand stuff is 7 fucking dollars. NEET bros, how do you get by month to month?

Attached: math chad.jpg (828x823, 54.42K)

I'm a disabled NEET too. I have over $8000 in assets, get SSDI, and collect dividends from stocks I own, because I know how to manage money and don't spend it on useless shit. This is why you're poor.

Attached: e345c170f16cc249a64927d139629589.jpg (736x722, 69.81K)

Good for you. I get barely 2k a month and over half that goes to rent. The remainder goes to cost of living with electricity for a 4 roommate house, cell phone, groceries, and now college tuition since I'm starting that up this semester.

Always fun to hear people brag about how they put money away because their parents forced them to when they were 15 and now that they're 35 they're like "HAHAHAH I HAVE 8K!"

Cool.
Some of us don't.

No, I just learned to save money from being broke for several years. Not to worry, you're going to be broke pretty soon yourself, and then you'll learn to save money as I have. And once you learn to save money, you'll stop being poor. It's a self-correcting problem. But sometimes you have to lose it all before you can rise to success.

I keep a good budget and take any opportunity to help my friends out with their work since they usually give me a little cash.

NEVER take your old games to a typical game shop. They will always low ball the shit out of you, especially if they think you have no idea how much it's actually worth.

Share your secrets. I want to invest but I'm terrified the SSA is just waiting for an excuse to fuck me (because they spent the first 5 years actively trying to do so). Would love to get some extra money rolling in without risking the whole thing.

>2k a month
Jesus... I barely get over $800, maybe $950 if I help my friends a couple times. If I got 2k a month I could really start moving on my plans to get off disability. Stop wasting your damn money.

Attached: 1373551788289.gif (250x148, 362.88K)

>Share your secrets. I want to invest but I'm terrified the SSA is just waiting for an excuse to fuck me (because they spent the first 5 years actively trying to do so). Would love to get some extra money rolling in without risking the whole thing.
Don't use social security money to invest. That's considered social security fraud and you can go to jail for it. All the money I've invested is from jobs I've worked at. My SSDI money just sits in a rep payee account until I decide to use it.

As for investing, here are some tips I've learned:
>Don't buy anything out of FOMO. That's a great way to lose money.
>Don't take advice from pop finance blogs. Almost all the stock picks I got from those blogs turned out to be losers. The only sources I trust now are MarketWatch and Bloomberg.
>Don't buy meme assets or anything with hype around it (GameStop, Tesla, NFTs, etc.) These assets are always overvalued.
>Don't just put money in some stocks and leave it. You'll never beat the market that way. You need to actively day trade so you can continuously adjust your portfolio for emerging conditions.
>Diversify your portfolio. This increases your odds that one of your assets will spike or skyrocket. When an asset does go way up, sell it. When an asset goes way down, buy more of it. This is a method that I call "fund rotation": rotating funds out of stocks that are up and into stocks that are down. Do this continuously day after day and you will make money.
>Only sell a share if it's gone up a lot since you bought it. I typically don't sell unless I've made at least like $5 or so. I also pair purchases with sales and keep them on a spreadsheet so I know I'm making money with each share I buy and sell.
>When the market's down, invest in solid companies with good dividends. That way, when prices recover, you'll get the double benefit of a high dividend yield on top of high capital gains. The companies with the best dividends can be found in the DOW and sometimes the S&P.

Thanks, good to know. Screencapped that for you so you never have to type the whole thing up again.

Part of my problem with money made from work is every time I go to the SSA to ask about working I get a different answer and nearly all of the "answers" come with being kicked off after so many months of successfully working. At this point I've figured if I can't work for myself effectively I just get to accept my lot in life. If I start investing a bunch of under the table money the IRS will probably have my ass.

Attached: Investorbro.png (956x371, 39.9K)

thanks user, do you have more advice?

It depends on whether you're getting SSI or SSDI. SSI has an asset cap, whereas SSDI has an income cap. SSI cuts off when you have $2000+ in assets. SSDI cuts off after 9 months making over the income cap. I don't know the exact cap, but at least where I live it's well over $1000. When you get a job, just tell them you can't make over $1000 a month, and they will adjust your hours accordingly.

I won a lawsuit and now I'm guaranteed 5,600 USD tax free every month until I die or America collapses

hurr durr i have 8k and think im a successful trader
>hurr durr day trading with 8k when the minimum you can day trade with is 25k
>hurr duurpp muh $120 annually from 8k worth of dividend stocks

jesus you fags are fucked up. learn to cut ream and couple pipes or something, go work and make 5k a month being a under achieving employee in a trade that takes a little effort to git gud at.

you faggots think your gaming the system now but wait till your in your late 30s and driving a $4000 camry, still renting a shitty apartment with a net worth of 20k.

Get a job, get a life, you wont regret it.

Scrapping e-waste. You get a lot more from it if you separate everything. Its not much sometimes, but it can buy beer and gas at least.

>SSI or SSDI
On both. This advice sounds in line with what I got last visit. Pretty sure the person I talked to last was a supervisor because the first guy that visit was very clearly a trainee. If they were even half as helpful as they should be instead of full of assholes they'd be paying less to people like me every month.

It's been a huge clusterfuck trying to deal with social security over the years.

>you faggots think your gaming the system
I sure as shit don't. It's not fun living in poverty waiting for a letter from the feds that might as well say "Please kill yourself now". The whole system is built to keep people on it poor. If they couldn't kick me off because my disabilities are permanent and only put benefits on hold without backpay with the ability to fire them right back up if needed I wouldn't be getting a dime in gibmedats. I would be working right the fuck now instead of cradling my bird in the hand hoping the feds don't take it for whatever reason.

Some more advice:
>When you start investing, only invest a small amount of money at first, like a couple hundred dollars. You will lose money at first due to lack of experience, and it's better to lose a small amount of money and learn from your mistakes, then once you know the game, you can start taking big and calculated risks with large sums of money.
>Don't buy IPOs. I made this mistake, not realizing that all companies go public when the stock market is at its peak, because this allows them to sell their stock at a premium, and then when the market goes down, they only owe their investors a fraction of what they borrowed from them. If you see an IPO you want to buy, wait for the market to go down and then buy it.
>Be careful about investing in mutual funds, because a lot of them take commissions that will cancel out any capital gains you make unless you're investing tens of thousands of dollars. If you want to try mutual funds, find one that's free of charge.
>When you see a spike or dip in price, pay attention to whether it's a speculative change caused by investor sentiment, or an actual change in the earnings or value of the company. Speculative spikes and dips tend to correct after a few days, so you should exploit them whenever you can.

Attached: Investorbro 2.png (956x243, 31.37K)

thank you friend, this info is really helpful for us

I'm playing the same game that rich people play. The rules will always be rigged in favor of the rich, so if you do whatever they're doing, you'll always win. Rich people tend to be investors, hence the law and the tax system favor investors over workers and even business owners. Of course the money you invest has to come from somewhere, which is why I work part-time jobs at my own convenience. I'm not against work, but I am against being a wage slave and working to survive rather than working to enrich yourself.

get a job and stop spending money on league of legends. i have thousands of hours in that shitty game and have never given them a dime. the time you spend on the game is a bigger waste than skin money, but kicking the gaming habit is a lot harder than not buying fucking skins
>disabled
just because you can convince the state that you can't work doesn't mean you should convince yourself. you should make efforts to get out of this downward spiral on a daily basis. the Any Forums neetbux meme should not be taken seriously. being on disability is a bad deal in the short term and a terrible deal in the long term
>investing
you're not going to beat the market. the only people who do are a lucky minority of gamblers and people who using privileged information for insider trading

one of the biggest redpills is to simply stop spending money on anything except food. And you invest everything else. Otherwise you will live the life of the boring, average person. Most people think:
>I'm going to live the most average, boring, stupid life ever. I'm going to buy, think, do, etc. exactly as the average person does...
>...but I'll be rich!
Which makes zero sense.

Laws are strictly for the benefit of the people that are rich enough to influence them

playing videogames > dating, changing diapers, struggling to make a woman happy, going out with normies

and we don't know how OP is disabled