Is Russian worth learning, thinking long term? I love Russian literature and music...

Is Russian worth learning, thinking long term? I love Russian literature and music, what else can you do with the language?

Attached: drapeau-russie.jpg (3000x2000, 108.18K)

There's plenty of Soviet era folklore movies. High quality without any political bullshit.

you will be forced to learn when they occupy usa

Lol

work for your government against theirs or work for their government against yours. It's not a high-utility language and it's not growing as their population drops.

lmao if they can't take a relatively small neighbor in 6 months, they wouldn't even make it to Anchorage.

yo can go there and everybody hate you because of your accent

nah no one will be left speaking that language in 10 years

Oof.

Unless you want to get a Russian mail order bride or be a spy, it's worthless language.

No.
Russia will no longer be a world power in the next 5-10 years.

Nah useless to learn the language

>Is Russian worth learning
Sure.
People still learn Latin for some weird reason, so why not russian.

Of course it will be useful
Bunkerbitch will win in 2024, and most of the country will need to know more than a few Russian couples by then

It's barely a regional power now haha

/thread.

I also personally find it the second most beautiful language on the planet, behind Lithuanian. But I AM Lithuanian. So..

>what else can you do with the language?
talk to people from the former soviet union.
As long as you acknowledge that they have their own languages and you just use it as a lingua franca because English doesn't work even Ukrainians are ok with it

I try to forget it

sure, its more worth than most shitty country languages if you like the arts, but generally not as valuable as some others if you want practicality/want to live in a non-garbage country
learn it if it makes you happy user

Why? It is a very usefull language. As soon as they invade your country you can try to talk yourself out of a mass grave.

Attached: wong.jpg (600x399, 68.01K)

Of course, I know Russian myself. Knowing this language not only helps you to communicate in countries such as Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Turkey (Turkey is the most visited country by Russians), but you can also find many sources (e.g. scientific) in Russian

Anything. I'm like you, user, I love russian music, architecture and art, I would gladly learn russian but, the reality is pretty different indeed. A languange only serves to allow people to communicate themselves, then, you, anybody learn a language for being able to do this. If you're not planning to go to live in Russia you're just not going to learn the language, at least until the point you can use it for expressing yourself. And lookin' at how the things are going on, mon ami, tu vas perdre ton temps en essayant l'apprendre. Dommage, nous avrons toujours a Tchaikovsky.

Attached: Europa, Rusia, Óblast de Leningrado, Peterhof, Собор Петра и Павла 1910.jpg (1056x1623, 233.29K)