Every single fucking flagship phone these days ships with an OLED that will have inevitable burn-in

>every single fucking flagship phone these days ships with an OLED that will have inevitable burn-in

Attached: harold-hide-the-pain.webm (480x200, 439.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPhone-SE-2022-smartphone-review-Affordable-iPhone-dwarf-with-5G-and-retro-charm.613496.0.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What’s his fucking problem?

It will be (made) completely obsolete by the time anything burns in

I only change phones every 5 years. A fucking $1500 device better last 5 years.

Won't the battery give out before the screen does? Seems to me that the non-replaceable batteries are the bigger issue, but my phone spends most of it's time on standby so maybe that's just me.

I've used my OLED phone for 3 years and I don't see any signs of burn-in. You'll only get burn-in if you're a phone addict that doomscrolls the entire day with max brightness.

I'm gonna need a source on that video.

>he thinks price dictates longevity
A phone's modem will shit the bed or you'll get an internal short before 5 years.
Your battery will be junk at 3 years.

My zune still has no burn in.

eh, if you preserve your batt well, then it's the specs that will be outdated/killed first.
Of course, having replaceable batts is a good thing, but if you know how to preserve the battery, you'll realize that having something that's not easily changeable won't change your experience with your device much, until when you *have* to replace the battery, then at that point, you might as well just die, or buy a new phone, or whatever, I'm not your judge.

2-4x times less battery consume in dark theme compared to IPS => less battery degradation, display is most energy consumer
Much less burn-in with black theme and monochrome font and lifespan is 5+ years
Display possible to truly produce HDR1000 content compared to IPS

All spare parts in the phone are consumables with a short life span. one could speculate about the recycling of used SoC in new phones, although it also degrade.

Well I just switched from a launch S8 plus to an S22. Ran more or less good as new till the day I exchanged it, only the battery really needed changed but that's a given. 5 years is easily doable if you take care of your shit.

>eh, if you preserve your batt well
No point with modern phones.
The batteries nuke themselves with age, you loose 10% of capacity every 1-2 years even of you don't use it. This wear is only accelerated with use and your body heat if you carry it in your pocket.

i have had a phone for 5 years and never got burn in.

It doesn't have an oled screen

I've had my lg g8 for 3 years now and there's no sign at all of burn in.

>amoled screens didn't exist 5 years ago
user 5 years ago was 2017.

user shut the fuck up. Five years ago it was 2005 and I’m still in my twenties.

There's literally 0 alternative if you want to watch high FPS content with crystal clear motion. Native 120 FPS HDR video (ie not interpolated dogshit) on a 120Hz OLED display is actually pretty horrifying for some people because it begins to approach the 100-200Hz visual processing vision limit for humans and the brain confuses the emissive display for a glass window.

notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPhone-SE-2022-smartphone-review-Affordable-iPhone-dwarf-with-5G-and-retro-charm.613496.0.html

Attached: jesus_fucking_christ.png (1557x786, 58.04K)

>2 years and no signs of burn-in
some of you max brightness anons are psychopaths

i know brother. i know. i feel the same way.

Burn in on small size OLED displays is solved long time ago.

t.OLED phone user since 2017.

The first phone with OLED screen was release in 2008.