Does Any Forums hunt?

Does Any Forums hunt?

Attached: outdoorlivevenison.jpg (640x320, 43.63K)

Yeah mostly small game and waterfowl

Going to try to take a deer this autumn for my first time, pretty stoked

Based

Never been hunting. Kinda wanna go. I like archery. Any bow hunters?

Yep, bow hunter here.

It's pretty great and the level of difficulty varies a lot. Some old timers just want in-and-out quick to get their two doe, and their buck, for the season. Guys like me hunt for fun and the meat, so my hunt lasts 3-4 days. Camo, call, tree rig, odor eraser, and the wait game. Couple of fellows just go at it primal, stalking with bare minimum and passing on a lot of deer to bag the perfect one.

I end up with hundreds of pounds of meat I quarter myself, but I'm a really good field dresser. I recommend you watch lots of videos on field dressing so that when you hunt, you won't spoil your stuff and make it taste good.

Won't be perfect at first but there's no reason you can't get delicious venison on your first try. Good luck!

I used to, but not for quite some time, ended up having to give it up when I moved into the city and had to sell my rifle.

Nice, thanks user. I can clean a bird and rabbit pretty quickly and efficiently, but the dressing and butchering the deer is what's most daunting to me.

>moved to the city and sold his guns

Did you sell your balls too?

Good luck OP fellow whitetail hunter hoping the best for you in your endeavours this fall. Check out "whitetail properties" video on archery shot placement and commit it to memory before you try to go out its very important with a bow.

Attached: IMG955185.jpg (600x800, 52.33K)

As you can see in the above it was not my finest year and I took a liver shot. I have since continued learning and have had much better success. Also make sure you have a plan and understand field dressing and what you will do with the meat after you harvest. Whether you have somewhere you will take the deer who you pay to do it for you or if you want to put in the time and effort to learn to process yourself.

Attached: Resized_20200807_171405_846.jpg (2016x1512, 865.9K)

Very nice user. I'll be going with a rifle this year, I'm not confident enough yet with the bow to try to take big game. Definitely going to dress and cut it myself, having someone else do it kinda defeats the whole purpose imo

kek

Rifle makes shot placement easier for sure. Right call for a first time. If you know someone who already processes learning from them is invaluable but it can be learned yourself. There are a ton of great resource videos that will show you what to do and how. A skinning knife and a good boning knife can be had cheaply and will make your life much easier along with a hacksaw for the ribs and spine. A cheap blow torch to sizzle the hairs off the meat before debunking the meat and trimming all the white fat is a timesaver as well. The white fat just turns chalky and bitter the more you get rid of the better your meat will taste. Lastly dont stress too much especially your first time. Unless you puncture the guts any mistake you make can be fixed with judicious application of a meat grinder you just end up with more burger and miss out on steak cuts. Pic related full backstrap.

Attached: IMG7258709791688289905.jpg (1280x720, 172.97K)

>being a phoneposter
after you skin the meat there will be loose hair on it. Blow torch will get rid of it before *deboning*. I am still and probably will always be learning but any specific questions I will answer if I can and hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me joins the thread.

I farm turkey no need hunting it is future

I farm chickens and ducks, still plan on taking a deer

I killed a rat with my airsoft gun yesterday. Guess I'm a hunter now

Yes.

I hunt Mcdonald's for the freshest deals.

Attached: lurns.jpg (600x515, 33.16K)

Did you eat it?

No but I'd like to, we have a pig problem over here and I'd be up for hunting wild bacon but getting guns over here is near impossible and I doubt I'd pass the background checks given my autism, among other things.

No, I had no finish it with a heavy stone, shit was looking kinda scrambled lol