OLED Technology vs AMOLED Technology

What differences exist between OLED technology and AMOLED technology?

Which technology offers better image quality and fidelity?

I have read that the differences are minimal but even so I want to know which one is better when it comes to providing better image quality and fidelity

Attached: OLED 4K TV.jpg (1400x788, 188.05K)

Bump

Normal OLED
Amoled has overblown colors, smear when moving something grey over a black area, no motion enhancements and its made by samsung so stay away.

>Normal OLED
>Amoled has overblown colors, smear when moving something grey over a black area, no motion enhancements and its made by samsung so stay away.

thank you user, now I will only choose oled

I went from some """"""""""qled"""""""""" samsung tv to a dirt cheap oled65cx that I got for cheap because it didn't have the stand. Never looking back, oled is kang.
Friendly reminder samsung gave up on trying to get lg oled panels for cheap because lg wouldn't budge

They don't really compete with each other

AMOLED is Samsung and tends to be in sub 12" panels, for tablets, phones, and smart devices

OLED is LG and tends to be in larger panel sizes, 42", 48", 55", 65", 77", 83" and 88", so they really only exist for TVs.

Samsung AMOLED panels don't exist for TVs and LG OLED panels don't really exist OUTSIDE of TVs.

>They don't really compete with each other

When you're obsessed with a better viewing experience like I am, all technologies compete.
My question does not only refer to TVs but to all kinds of devices, for example the iPhone smartphones have only OLED technology unlike Samsung that uses almost exclusively AMOLED technology

Attached: iPhone 13 Pro Max.jpg (1144x1144, 151.67K)

>for example the iPhone smartphones have only OLED technology
wrong.

AMOLED is a type of OLED, so calling it OLED is factually correct, but it's AMOLED.

> the iPhone 13 which features a 6.1" Super Retina 1200 nits 1170x2532 (460 PPI) AMOLED display. The iPhone 13 mini offer similar specifications, with a 5.4" 1080x2340 1200 nits AMOLED (476 PPI) displays.

> The iPhone 13 Pro features a higher-end 6.1" 1170x2532 (460 PPI) 10Hz-120Hz 1200 nits LTPO AMOLED display, and the iPhone 13 Pro Max gets a larger 6.7-inch 1284x2778 (258 PPI) LTPO AMOLED.

The iphone screens are literally bought from Samsung, who only makes AMOLED.
So apple might call them OLED, but they're from samsung's production line which only pumps out AMOLED.

>AMOLED is a type of OLED, so calling it OLED is factually correct, but it's AMOLED.

I never said that AMOLED technology was not a type of OLED technology. I just said that Apple smartphones use OLED but not AMOLED
For obvious reasons they have different names.

>> the iPhone 13 which features a 6.1" Super Retina 1200 nits 1170x2532 (460 PPI) AMOLED display. The iPhone 13 mini offer similar specifications, with a 5.4" 1080x2340 1200 nits AMOLED (476 PPI) displays.
>> The iPhone 13 Pro features a higher-end 6.1" 1170x2532 (460 PPI) 10Hz-120Hz 1200 nits LTPO AMOLED display, and the iPhone 13 Pro Max gets a larger 6.7-inch 1284x2778 (258 PPI) LTPO AMOLED.

Where did you get this information? The official Apple website says that the iPhone uses OLED, not AMOLED.

Attached: display.png (1366x768, 88.06K)

>The iphone screens are literally bought from Samsung, who only makes AMOLED.
>So apple might call them OLED, but they're from samsung's production line which only pumps out AMOLED

If it were so, then in the technical specifications it would have to say "AMOLED" and not "OLED" but I highly doubt that Apple workers have been so clueless as to make that mistake

Why would it?

They ARE OLED. They're a subset of OLED called AMOLED, but the overarching panel technology is still OLED and calling it an OLED isn't wrong in any way.

> Omdia estimates as indicating that Apple is expected to increase its AMOLED panels to 169 million pieces for iPhones in 2021 from 114.5 million in 2020, while Samsung's corresponding purchases are estimated to rise slightly to 157 million pieces from 152.3 million.

> Samsung Display is expected to remain the largest supplier of AMOLED panels for iPhones in 2021, offering an estimated 110 million pieces, compared to LG Display's 50 million and BOE's nine million, the sources said.

we've known for years apple uses samsung display's AMOLED panels, this isn't something new.

>Why would it?

Because OLED and AMOLED are two different types of technology?

>> Samsung Display is expected to remain the largest supplier of AMOLED panels for iPhones in 2021, offering an estimated 110 million pieces, compared to LG Display's 50 million and BOE's nine million, the sources said.

Do you realize you just told me that LG supplies Apple with OLED screens?

pick the one that doesn't get burn-in and yellows up
oh wait you can't LOL

I have read that the burn-in problem in OLED screens has been solved and is no longer as frequent as in previous years

In addition to the fact that I have had an OLED TV for years and I have never had that problem. The TV still working like new

yea *wink wink*
thanks for your very real experience input, totally not OLED-shill person
*wink wink*

Yes, AMOLED is Active-Matrix OLED the "active matrix" part refers to a TFT layer (thin-film transistor) which functions as a series of switches to control the current flowing to each individual pixel.

The LG displays being provided to apple for the iPhone are LTPO TFT OLEDs (AMOLED).

>here's your $2000 TFT tv bro
lol

I already told you, the technical specifications are clear and there it says "OLED", not "AMOLED" Or do you want me to teach you to read?

>OLED-shill

Bro we're talking about TVs, not politics

I really hope you're pretending to be this retarded for the (you)s.

If not, you need help.